1st Round Predictions By Tyson Rauch

Maxman

Odrick is the one guy I could see the Jets trade up for. He's start immediately at the one position on the team where the starter role is wide open.

I like all the WR picks because I'd love a WR in the first round. I think Golden Tate could go on to have a Reggie Wayne-like career. Starting off as a valuable contributor, with the potential to be a number one WR down the road.

I would not be surprised if the Jets select a CB in the first round, either. Tanny said that the Jets would've had to draft a CB at #29 if they hadn't traded for AC, but nowhere did he say that trade would stop them from drafting a CB.

I don't see the OL selection this year at all.

I never understand this kind of thing. It sounds like the guy is scolding the Jets for picking the player he predicts. They didn't pick him. There hasn't been any thinking behind that pick. Maybe they could get better value and maybe they will. At least Burke explains that they may need to reach because they have a need at the position.

Those aren't Davis's comments. Or Burke's. I'm also pretty sure Chris Steuber knows that Jared Odrick is considered a speedy pass rusher by roughly nobody.

Odrick is the one guy I could see the Jets trade up for. He's start immediately at the one position on the team where the starter role is wide open.

I like all the WR picks because I'd love a WR in the first round. I think Golden Tate could go on to have a Reggie Wayne-like career. Starting off as a valuable contributor, with the potential to be a number one WR down the road.

I would not be surprised if the Jets select a CB in the first round, either. Tanny said that the Jets would've had to draft a CB at #29 if they hadn't traded for AC, but nowhere did he say that trade would stop them from drafting a CB.

I don't see the OL selection this year at all.

I have to respectuflly disagree on two points. I don't think you draft in the first few rounds on "starter role wide open" criteria.

you can always trade the guy, even the same day like the giants did with the rivers/manning, or keep the guy and trade him later like the chargers did with brees/rivers

I think 0-line is a big possibility, and I would love iupati at #29

with all of that said, tanny will trade up to #18 and grab a player none of us are even thinking about :)

I have to respectuflly disagree on two points. I don't think you draft in the first few rounds on "starter role wide open" criteria.

Tanny was obviously at least thinking about planning to draft a starter when he was talking about taking a CB at #29 if not for the Cromartie trade. I wouldn't force the pick if Odrick isn't the value there, but he looked like a good fit for a 3-4 DE to me.

Archived