Mafia Game Thread--The Thing

SMC

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I suggest a bath. They tend to mellow people out and you need this my friend or you might be on your way to a dirt nap.

Indeed. If there is one thing I have learned so far in this game, that I didn't in the last game... it is how defensive, is too defensive.

I didn't have to rebut any claims against me the last game. I think Slats gave me FOS once and never really revisited it.

Its definitely more interesting this time, because I came in thinking I knew how to get the ball rolling on scum hunting... and incidentally gift wrapped an early gaff people could use against me.

No, not going to vote for myself.

My top 3 would be i28, Vic, and Pac. i28 for being so aggressive and exaggeration on offense, vic for exaggeration on defense and pushing for a deadline early, and Pac for being a douche. In seriousness, I would have picked Jif as my 3rd, but I'll break the tie between him and i28.

AVM would be my 4th, I'm hesitant to put him in my top 3, cause I think how I feel about him has been effected by the fact that he's been on my ass all game even though I've been clear that I've been busy and not here. He has been here though, and hasn't really added much himself as far as I can tell.

I'd advocate that you just pick your top 3.. restriciting votes to Jif/avm/i28/vic could be enough to get us a lynch

AVM (8) ------ CTM, Vic, JVOR, Pac, Dan, Crusher, Slats, Bleedin

Vic (6) ------ CTM, Dan, AVM, i28, Bleedin, Sharrow

i28 (5) ------ Jif, Vic, Pac, AVM, Sharrow

Jif (4) ------ Vic, JVOR, i28, Slats

JVOR (3) ------ Jif, Pac, Bleedin

Bleedin (3) ------i28, Crusher, Slats

Sharrow (3) ------ CTM, JVOR, AVM

DanX (2) ------ Jif, Crusher

Crusher (1) ------ Dan

Pac (1) ------ Sharrow

I think we should see if we could agree on one of our top vote getters to get this game moving a bit. I honest'y don't feel strongly enough about anyone atm, but will leave my vote on AVM

I'm saying that I'm leaving my vote where it is for now. #490

Cool, thanks!

OFFICIAL VOTE COUNT--DAY 1

JVoR (2) -- Bleedin' Green, Pac

Vicious (2) -- Integrity, JiF

AVM (5) -- JVoR, CTM, DanX, Vicious, Crusher

Sharrow (1) -- AVM

JiF (1) -- slats

Integrity (1) -- Sharrow

With 12 Research Team Members, it takes 7 to torch.

Cool, thanks!

JVoR (2) -- Bleedin' Green, Pac

Sharrow (1) -- AVM

JiF (1) -- slats

Integrity (1) -- Sharrow

I switched my vote a few posts up...

Alright, here's my last plea.

I've got no reveal, I'm a roleless townie. One of the big points on me was playing different than usual, which we went through last game. You have to also remember, I was playing with a specific agenda last game, and other than that it's been almost a year since I last played. As for me being overly inactive this game, my activity dropped off a bit at the end of the last game, and I mentioned it. I even mentioned when we were discussing who could mod this game that I'd be too busy to mod but I wanted to give it a run anyways.

On day one, I usually grab one guy and stick with him until we get down to two trains, then I'll pick between the two of them who I think is most likely to give the town the most info. That didn't really happen this time. I28 got to L-2, but was never actually present for any worse than L-3 or L-4. Pac got really close, but as I never felt particularly strong about him being scummy, and he barely stayed at L-2. Crusher got close as well, but everyone mass unvoted him after his frustration post.

Throughout day 1, I always have several FOS, which I don't jump on cases for. Make too many cases, go after too many people, and I've always felt like what is happening to Vic via I28 would happen. I felt good to go with any of those 3 that I named (Sharrow, I28, Vic--though I'd probably bump Vic up to #2 at this point), and mostly like to get pressure on people to get them talking. Sharrow being here doesn't change the fact that I'd like to put some pressure on him. I28 I can see where Crusher et al made the "he's still a noob" arguement, but still some of his goofs are highly talked about. I brought several up. With Vic, I don't know what you want me to do. I said in the very beginning that I couldn't really figure it out, but something just strikes me as odd. I was trying to convey that it wasn't his play style, but more so the things he was saying. It reminded me of his votes last game, for which he was scum.

Giving it thought, a jester type role doesn't seem to make sense for this game...and we already know that he/slats tried to get Jetscode to play the "im a symp" card. They knew we're analytical players, and tried to play it against us. Is he setting something like that up this early? I don't know...seems illogical, but I feel it's foolish to say there's nothing up with Vic at this point.

That's all I've got. As I said last night, aside from my advice to put pressure on Sharrow early and check out Vic ASAP...I'm unusually lost this game. So, that said, if I go down, don't follow any of what I'm saying other than putting pressure on those two.

I switched my vote a few posts up...

My bad. Thanks!

JVoR (1) -- Bleedin' Green

Sharrow (1) -- AVM

JiF (1) -- slats

Integrity (2) -- Sharrow, Pac

I28 I can see where Crusher et al made the "he's still a noob" arguement, but still some of his goofs are highly talked about. I brought several up. .

Look at the list of names still talking about my goof ups.

Jif, Vic, Pac, AVM, and Sharrow....

It is a who's - who of the names drawing the most votes and FOS.

Yes, I am over-defending myself. For good reason... I have become the deflection strategy for those that are under the most heat.

Yes, I am over-defending myself. For good reason... I have become the deflection strategy for those that are under the most heat.

That's flawed in so many ways. Sharrow hasn't taken heat...people keep saying "oh he's not active" and saying they would vote for him, but havent. As for me, I was one of the first on you, Watson. You know...before I had any heat on me?

If that's my strategy then you're doing my work for me by being hyper-defensive.

Is that the 5-man scum team you were talking about?

I actually feel ok about AVM's explanation for now. Not that he's completely changed my mind, but I don't particularly think he's scum at this point, although the likelihood of hitting scum is low on day one anyway. That said, with it being time to move on from JVoR, I'd prefer to move my vote onto another potential option (based on everyone's top 3) that I feel ok with voting. In this case, who I had listed as my #3 in Vicious. He never really had much of an explanation for things he was being questioned on other than to just nonchalantly brush it aside and once the heat started to move away from him a bit he got quieter and seems to have tried to stay out of trouble. So with that said, that's the way my vote is going.

Vote: Vicious

I actually feel ok about AVM's explanation for now. Not that he's completely changed my mind, but I don't particularly think he's scum at this point, although the likelihood of hitting scum is low on day one anyway. That said, with it being time to move on from JVoR, I'd prefer to move my vote onto another potential option (based on everyone's top 3) that I feel ok with voting. In this case, who I had listed as my #3 in Vicious. He never really had much of an explanation for things he was being questioned on other than to just nonchalantly brush it aside and once the heat started to move away from him a bit he got quieter and seems to have tried to stay out of trouble. So with that said, that's the way my vote is going.

What questions are that. I feel like I've explained myself, over, and over, and over again. Ask away and I'll answer.

That's flawed in so many ways. Sharrow hasn't taken heat...people keep saying "oh he's not active" and saying they would vote for him, but havent. As for me, I was one of the first on you, Watson. You know...before I had any heat on me?

Sharrow and Pac to a lesser extent, the comment is most relevant regarding the names JIF, VIC and AVM.

I had nothing to do with the heat on you btw. Despite the weak charges of "bandwagoning" that have been directed at me. :rolleyes:

Sharrow and Pac to a lesser extent, the comment is most relevant regarding the names JIF, VIC and AVM.

I had nothing to do with the heat on you btw. Despite the weak charges of "bandwagoning" that have been directed at me. :rolleyes:

Where did I say you did, Watson? Or even that you bandwagoned? No -- I was combating your notion that the reason I'm bringing you up is to deflect heat on me. That is incorrect, as I was putting pressure on you long before I got even a FOS from anyone

Where did I say you did, Watson? Or even that you bandwagoned? No -- I was combating your notion that the reason I'm bringing you up is to deflect heat on me. That is incorrect, as I was putting pressure on you long before I got even a FOS from anyone

I didn't imply you said I bandwagoned... BUT a handful of others have accused me of doing so, without providing proof of it, and I bring it up in this exchange with you because if I was such a bandwagoner wouldn't I be voting for you right now?

No, my vote stays with Vic - the case I built, not the case I latched onto.

No, not going to vote for myself.

My top 3 would be i28, Vic, and Pac. i28 for being so aggressive and exaggeration on offense, vic for exaggeration on defense and pushing for a deadline early, and Pac for being a douche. In seriousness, I would have picked Jif as my 3rd, but I'll break the tie between him and i28.

I'm disappointed that we waited all this time for you in our effort to whittle down our day one torching candidates, and you chose to list Pac -a guy with no previous votes- amongst them. Not for nothing, but that's a don't-rock-the-boat, not-so-town-friendly move.

I'm not getting anything overtly scummy from AVM, but that's the case on him, too: A lot of non-posts.

I've been scum with Vic a couple times, and last game I thought he was great. If he's scum this game, why would he change it up to this lost townie role he's playing now?

I28 is definitely scrappy, and definitely getting the hang of this game early. Talking about being a noob w/out really trying to use that as an excuse.

JiF's on a few people's lists, but I was hoping he'd be getting more love. Not quite ready to move my vote just yet.

well, is it time for everyone to pick their top 3 and we'll widdle it down from there. We're pretty well spread out and i don't see us getting any closer..

Good plan coach. The game is in warp speed now.. :bag:

Good plan coach. The game is in warp speed now.. :bag:

imo.. at this point slats and avm should move onto one of the big 3 and see where we land..

I can't force them obviously, but i don't see us getting anywhere else..

I'm disappointed that we waited all this time for you in our effort to whittle down our day one torching candidates, and you chose to list Pac -a guy with no previous votes- amongst them. Not for nothing, but that's a don't-rock-the-boat, not-so-town-friendly move.

Listing Pac wasn't serious.

Vicious (3) -- Integrity, JiF, Bleedin' Green

Sharrow (1) -- AVM

JiF (1) -- slats

Integrity (2) -- Sharrow, Pac

Listing Pac wasn't serious.

If that's the case, then your #3 is JiF?

imo.. at this point slats and avm should move onto one of the big 3 and see where we land..

I can't force them obviously, but i don't see us getting anywhere else..

If the above is true, I'm currently in the top three - with a two-way tie for third.

MOD NOTE: I'd hate to put a deadline, but Day 1 has run it's course. We should be able to wrap this up today.

If I get night actions promptly thereafter we would also able to start Day 2 today.

Spare us the semantics professor... pretend it's a top 2 if that helps.

See, I told you you were pushy.

I'm not thrilled with the top two today, but if that's where we're going you're also outside of the top two right now.

That's fair enough, CTM, as no one apparently wants to come along with me on Sharrow. Forced to pick between Vic and I28, I'd be inclined to go with Vic just because his plays been so erratic. Being on all the long trains says at best an impatient townie. I've written how I feel about him, that something feels off (pretty much the biggest reason I've got a train on me).

unvote, vote: Vic

As a side note, if we get close to a mod lynch, go ahead and go with me. I'm roleless, and while there's a chance a random lynch could get scum -- equal risk you lose a town power role.

You had goof ups? Where?

LOL "my case is the best", "im a deflection strategy"...dude...get over yourself.

You forgot to mention the amazing case I28 has on Vic.

I didn't imply you said I bandwagoned... BUT a handful of others have accused me of doing so, without providing proof of it, and I bring it up in this exchange with you because if I was such a bandwagoner wouldn't I be voting for you right now?

No, my vote stays with Vic - the case I built, not the case I latched onto.

Does it matter if they did provide proof? You choose not to pay attention to it so it seems like a wasted effort.

JiF's on a few people's lists, but I was hoping he'd be getting more love. Not quite ready to move my vote just yet.

Man, you are big help. The one man mission to torch a townie is really paying off and making this game exciting!!!

Archived