Mafia Game Thread--The Thing

SMC

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This sounds right to me.... as much as I hate this lynch you can't expect all of us to sit here until 1am clicking refresh.

particularly with the mod warning of dire consequences if we didn't make a decision

lol, make excuses for yourselves all you want, there were plenty of lynch candidates who have already revealed. :P

This is reading more and more like scum phucking with us. :lol:

Hurry up, Mod!

lol, make excuses for yourselves all you want, there were plenty of lynch candidates who have already revealed. :P

So now we should just not lynch players because they refuse to speak up? Call me crazy, but that sounds like just a bit of a flawed strategy. I'm guessing scum might find a clever way to play that one to their advantage, but who knows.

AND THEN THERE WERE 10 …

The 11 members of the Research Team agonizingly debated who among them was a Thing. They wanted to avoid the debacle that led to the death of the all too human AVM. During the debate, one of them asked:

So, how do we know who’s human? If I was an imitation, a perfect imitation, how would you know it was really me?

And that was their dilemma. For their own survival and the survival of mankind they had to decide who was human and who was a perfect imitation based only on hunches and clues from how each other were acting, speaking, etc.

The Team went back-and-forth, some garnering suspicion early, others later, but finally it was decided that Sharrow should be the one. Finally, Vicious had had enough and went to drop the hammer.

“I know I’ve made mistakes,” Sharrow said. “But that isn’t enough to—”

At that moment he started convulsing and the whole floor shook. The Research Team stared on in stunned surprise. Tentacles started to shoot out from him. At that moment Vicious blasted him with his blow torch. Sharrow let out a sickening screech and broke through the wall. He made it halfway outside until he collapsed onto the snow.

Sharrow, was also known as Palmer

Palmer02.jpg

He was also … a Thing! And now this vile creature is dead.

Palmer.jpg

SUBMIT NIGHT ACTIONS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

REMEMBER, IF NO NIGHT ACTION IS DESIRED PLEASE PM ME THAT.

Once I have received all night action notifications I will open Day 3.

You've got to be ****ing kidding.

Nah, just a quote of my character's from the movie.

Congrats, you've won the battle, but you haven't won the war yet.

I wish I could have at least bit Window's head in the game before I went. I don't know who you are Windows, but I was coming to bite you in the head.

I clearly need to see this movie.

I suspect I'll have to answer I28's preposterous "lookatwhatpacdoeswhenit'stimetohammer" nonsense tomorrow... for tonight I'll sleep easy knowing we got us some scum... I'd rather be wrong and win then be right and lose.

Well, if he was converted, it would have been a decision that the 2 original scum in this game made based upon the game strategy... not the movie.

We could probably only look to the movie to find out if he was original scum.

That said... I think we got a glimpse into who the converted is today.

I suspect I'll have to answer I28's preposterous "lookatwhatpacdoeswhenit'stimetohammer" nonsense tomorrow... for tonight I'll sleep easy knowing we got us some scum... I'd rather be wrong and win then be right and lose.

I'll see if I can come up with some preposterous nonsense like I came up with for Sharrow. We all know how ineffective that was right?

Well, if he was converted, it would have been a decision that the 2 original scum in this game made based upon the game strategy... not the movie.

We could probably only look to the movie to find out if he was original scum.

That said... I think we got a glimpse into who the converted is today.

Agreed, and that was my point. Based on his character, does it seem as though he'd likely be original scum? If not, are we safe to assume he was the conversion? Not that it matters that much, just figured if it was obvious based on the reveal that might be helpful.

Awesome we hit. Clearly never listen to my gut. I'm off to bed now. I expect to be questioned tomorrow and will answer everything best I can.

As for jvor didn't mean to offend him, but will only say he has brought up a real life situation before only to reveal it was to pull our legs. The fact he is not saying what it is means to me it's real and I only wish the best for you bro and hope everything works out. I apologize if I offended you.

Awesome we hit. Clearly never listen to my gut. I'm off to bed now. I expect to be questioned tomorrow and will answer everything best I can.

As for jvor didn't mean to offend him, but will only say he has brought up a real life situation before only to reveal it was to pull our legs. The fact he is not saying what it is means to me it's real and I only wish the best for you bro and hope everything works out. I apologize if I offended you.

None taken. It was my first time as scum and i regret using that as a tactic. This unfortunately is decidedly real. and thanks. Anyways, carry on :P

yay for getting sharrow. Contrary to what i28 thinks i was not assimilated nor am i the thing. Note that until i unvoted i started the lynch to pressure sharrow and kept it pegged there for a very long time. I wouldn't exactly be in a position to bus now would i, nor would i wait that long into the deadline to unvote to distance myself. Distancing myself would have been to vote i28 after unvoting sharrow.

Archived