Predraft News Conference

rick34125

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/multimedia/

Couple of interesting tidbits.

Trader Mike said they are happy where they are for the draft (in terms of value and potential contracts) and will not be moving up.

He said they would be selecting a CB and DL but did not say in which rounds.

Terry Bradway said the talent at the top of the 1st round wasn't particularly noteworthy, but the middle rounds were full of talent at good value.

Mike said he doesn't know yet about Taylor coming aboard (there is no deadline on receiving an answer), but either way it will not affect the draft.

Terry thought there were a good crop of potential 34 OLB in the draft who could make the transition to the NFL.

Mike said Leon has signed his tender and he will be joining the program today going forward. He gave every indication that Leon will be with the team. There's a news coference video of Leon on the Jets site that's worth seeing. Leon is a great player for our team whatever his role will be.

Oh, Mike talked about Rex's ability to develop DLineman which makes me think they will not be drafting one in the first round. I would not be surprised if they go CB or S first.

Can't remember any other significant points right now.

And there isn't one thing in that presser I believe coming from the lips of Mr. T.

You have to take it for what it's worth, but in this case he offered information that he could have been quiet about so I tend to believe it.

The fact is the only concrete info he gave was that they would take a CB and a DL in the draft if you believe he's not lying, which I don't.

And there isn't one thing in that presser I believe coming from the lips of Mr. T.

Not surprising. There are really only three ways to process information. Accept outright, reject outright, or try thinking about it for a change. omg smokescreens does not qualify as a thought. If what he says happens to comport exactly with what you already thought was true (e.g. http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1556753) there's no reason to start disbelieving it merely because it was said out loud.

Not surprising. There are really only three ways to process information. Accept outright, reject outright, or try thinking about it for a change. omg smokescreens does not qualify as a thought. If what he says happens to comport exactly with what you already thought was true (e.g. http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1556753) there's no reason to start disbelieving it merely because it was said out loud.

I nearly lost consciousness reading your post, but I see where you're going with it. It could be how the draft plays out (mccourty and carrington), but it wouldn't surprise me if they pick a DL in the 4th or even 6th round from what I mentioned above.

I'm not choosing not to believe it because it was said out loud. I'm choosing not to believe it because he has done this before and gone the exact opposite way. Ex: Clemens vs Ratliff

Process that homie

I'm not choosing not to believe it because it was said out loud. I'm choosing not to believe it because he has done this before and gone the exact opposite way. Ex: Clemens vs Ratliff

Process that homie

March 2005: "Lamont Jordan is in our plans-he'll get 10-20 touches a game"

March 2005: "Lamont Jordan is in our plans-he'll get 10-20 touches a game"

Exactly.

Whatever he's doing... he's doing it well. We're better with Tanny as GM and lately I trust him to have th ebst interests of winning in mind.

He would never tip his hand... or he would just to make you think he didn't LMAO!!!:thumbup:

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/multimedia/

Couple of interesting tidbits.

Trader Mike said they are happy where they are for the draft (in terms of value and potential contracts) and will not be moving up.

He said they would be selecting a CB and DL but did not say in which rounds.

Terry Bradway said the talent at the top of the 1st round wasn't particularly noteworthy, but the middle rounds were full of talent at good value.

Mike said he doesn't know yet about Taylor coming aboard (there is no deadline on receiving an answer), but either way it will not affect the draft.

Terry thought there were a good crop of potential 34 OLB in the draft who could make the transition to the NFL.

Mike said Leon has signed his tender and he will be joining the program today going forward. He gave every indication that Leon will be with the team. There's a news coference video of Leon on the Jets site that's worth seeing. Leon is a great player for our team whatever his role will be.

Oh, Mike talked about Rex's ability to develop DLineman which makes me think they will not be drafting one in the first round. I would not be surprised if they go CB or S first.

Can't remember any other significant points right now.

You pretty well covered it all. Good Job. Good interview.

I found the “Rex Has Players in the pipeline” comment interesting. He even mentioned Pitoitua by name. I liked the kid a lot in camp last year. Should be fun to see him in camp this year. They haven’t made any move for a RDE. Can’t see them relying on an untested rookie.

Another interesting thing Bradway said was. There was no significant talent in the front end of the draft. But there was a great value of talent in the mid rounds.

Kind of seemed like he was advertising they were looking to move down.

everyone is sleeping on Pitoitua, he's a legit player... tanny mentioned him that's significant.

Rex Ryan found Justin bannan after 4 years on the Bills, he doesn't need a first rounder to replace Ellis. Heck he has Pouha and Devito playing great.

we can talk about mis information but Ill never forget the press conference when Herman Edwards sat up there, talked about how great Jon Vilma was gonna be... the Jets drafted him and he ended up rookie of the year.

Sometimes these guys do mean what they say...

Sometimes these guys do mean what they say...

Particularly where there's zero incentive to lie. There's no misinformational benefit in making a blanket statement that you're not looking to trade up a week before the draft.

Particularly where there's zero incentive to lie. There's no misinformational benefit in making a blanket statement that you're not looking to trade up a week before the draft.

the fact is there wasn't anything said that would be detrimental to their draft plans in any case.

Archived