Big trade puts Miami Dolphins on equal footing with Jets

NIGHT STALKER

None of that mattered last year. I'll give you defense, because that's not even close, but the O-Line and Run game are pretty comprable. Statistically, Miami's run-blocking was better than the Jets last season. Although, I won't argue which is better because overall they are both pretty damned good.

Bottom line, games are not played on paper. "Best" or "Better" are relative terms in sports, especially professional ones.

And our defense doesn't have that many holes. We upgraded a glaring need at ILB, and really only need a FS and NT. We actually have two guys who could play those positions right now (Culver at FS, Soliai at NT also Ferguson coming back in 8 games) but are looking to add depth in the draft.

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were the #1 running offense in football last season and with the receivers that Sanchez has at his disposal and the year under his belt,we will be a better passing team than the Fins this season.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were the #1 running offense in football last season and with the receivers that Sanchez has at his disposal and the year under his belt,we will be a better passing team than the Fins this season.

NO. Miami was better a run-blocking team. You guys had more rushing yards, but your O-Line was not better at run blocking. You can check out this site for an analysis.

As to your second point, we shall see.

NO. Miami was better a run-blocking team. You guys had more rushing yards, but your O-Line was not better at run blocking. You can check out this site for an analysis.

The Jets ran the ball down teams throats. They knew it was coming and we still ran the ball down there throats. No gimmiks no bullshat. The Dolphins O-Line is good but the Jets O-Line is Elite. Big difference.

The Jets have the best O-Line in the NFL period

The Jets ran the ball down teams throats. They knew it was coming and we still ran the ball down people throats. No gimmiks no bullshat. The Dolphins O-Line is good but the Jets O-Line is Elite. Big difference.

The Jets have the best O-Line in the NFL period

That's your opinion. Check the link.

EDIT: Statisically, New England had the best overall O-Line last year.

LOL we started 2 rookie corners. Thats insane. We will be much improved on Defense this year with those 2 having had a whole year of playing time under thier belts....Oh yea, we also hired this guy Mike Nolan to replace Paul pasquloser as D-coordinator, major upgrade....damn Denver hooked us up this year lol.

So they were bad last year. What makes you think they will be any better this year? You ever consider the probablility that they just suck?

So they were bad last year. What makes you think they will be any better this year? You ever consider the probablility that they just suck?

CB is arguably the hardest position in football to perform well at in a rookie season.

It's EXTREMELY rare for two rookie corners to start in the NFL. They do not suck, by any means.

That's your opinion. Check the link.

Hardkore Im not really concerned with what that website has to say Im more concerned with bottom line. The Jets ran the ball when teams knew it was coming and they could not stop it. Im not sure what stat or website is going to change my mind when it comes to that. It changed your mind because your a hopefull Dolphin fan who will look for any ray of hope and I can deal with that Ive been a freakin Jets fan for 40 years :).

CB is arguably the hardest position in football to perform well at in a rookie season.

Dude, I strongly disagree. I think it's probably the easiest, right up there with RB. It's a position that can be played in man on pure instinct. Lots of rookie CB's start and do very well.

Hardkore Im not really concerned with what that website has to say Im more concerned with bottom line. The Jets ran the ball when teams knew it was coming and they could not stop it. Im not sure what stat or website is going to change my mind when it comes to that. It changed your mind because your a hopefull Dolphin fan who will look for any ray of hope and I can deal with that Ive been a freakin Jets fan for 40 years :).

That sounds familiar.

Dude, I strongly disagree. I think it's probably the easiest, right up there with RB. It's a position that can be played in man on pure instinct. Lots of rookie CB's start and do very well.

Really? I don't see many CB's making an immediate impact. Sure, it happens, but there's a SERIOUS learning curve there.

I'm sure that site, like any other, is able to also gauge the difference in OL effectiveness by their ability to simulate:

Miami with a rookie QB who the coaches put a serious leash on. Jets attempted 393 passes to Miami's 545 on the season. If you think that has no effect on run-blocking I don't know what to tell you. So where is their simulation of the job the Jets OL has with a QB attempting an extra 9 passes per game every game.

Miami with Thomas Jones in place of Ronnie Brown, and the Jets with Ronnie Brown in place of Thomas Jones. They are similar runners and place similar burdens on the OL.

Not merely down and distance, but the score. Just because it's 3rd and 1 doesn't mean it's a power-running play all around. If the Dolphins are trailing by multiple scores due to their suck-ass defense, and it's later in the game, it's not nearly as obvious that they're running on 3rd & 1 as it is for a team that is withing 1 score or winning outright.

So because of the above and other factors I'm not mentioning, but are nevertheless relevant (like factoring out a team stacking their year-total stats against a couple of wimps), I'll instead judge what I see with my eyes: the Dolphins are fags and so are their sucky faggot south Florida princess Tinkerbell OL'men.

Love,

SE

I'm sure that site, like any other, is able to also gauge the difference in OL effectiveness by their ability to simulate:

Miami with a rookie QB who the coaches put a serious leash on. Jets attempted 393 passes to Miami's 545 on the season. If you think that has no effect on run-blocking I don't know what to tell you. So where is their simulation of the job the Jets OL has with a QB attempting an extra 9 passes per game every game.

Miami with Thomas Jones in place of Ronnie Brown, and the Jets with Ronnie Brown in place of Thomas Jones. They are similar runners and place similar burdens on the OL.

Not merely down and distance, but the score. Just because it's 3rd and 1 doesn't mean it's a power-running play all around. If the Dolphins are trailing by multiple scores due to their suck-ass defense, and it's later in the game, it's not nearly as obvious that they're running on 3rd & 1 as it is for a team that is withing 1 score or winning outright.

So because of the above and other factors I'm not mentioning, but are nevertheless relevant (like factoring out a team stacking their year-total stats against a couple of wimps), I'll instead judge what I see with my eyes: the Dolphins are fags and so are their sucky faggot south Florida princess Tinkerbell OL'men.

Love,

SE

Prett bad those sucky faggot South Florida princesses beat the Jets twice last year. That must make Mark Sanzhez: Perez Hilton, and your defensive front 7 The Backstreet Boys with Ricky Martin and Clay Aiken.

Prett bad those sucky faggot South Florida princesses beat the Jets twice last year. That must make Mark Sanzhez: Perez Hilton, and your defensive front 7 The Backstreet Boys with Ricky Martin and Clay Aiken.

3 TD's in one game from special teams and a lucky fumble return? Sure, that's absolutely a testament to our front 7 sucking. And you know this because you're such a good fan you watch or attend all the 'phags games. If the Dolphins didn't have fans as good as you there would be thousands upon thousands of Jets fans in your stadium when we play. Luckily for the Dolphins that never happens.

Haven't you heard, the Jets made it to the AFC Championship game and are guaranteed to make it back this year, and most likely, win the Superbowl :rolleyes:

3 TD's in one game from special teams and a lucky fumble return? Sure, that's absolutely a testament to our front 7 sucking. And you know this because you're such a good fan you watch or attend all the 'phags games. If the Dolphins didn't have fans as good as you there would be thousands upon thousands of Jets fans in your stadium when we play. Luckily for the Dolphins that never happens.

Waaaa. Who was it again that fumbled that ball? Oh yeah, the amazing stud Shonne Green.

And, for the record, there are already thousands of Jets fans at our home games.. and Pats fans, and Bills fans etc... It's the price paid for living in a transient community full of bandwagon north easters.

Haven't you heard, the Jets made it to the AFC Championship game and are guaranteed to make it back this year, and most likely, win the Superbowl :rolleyes:

You know you're quaking in your boots as you stand/sit right now...the thought of the Jets making all these improvements with players, a QB with playoff wins and experience and a coaching staff coming off it's own rookie season...are you serious coming here and thinking (excuse me for laughing) that you're even in the same conversation with the Jets?

Come on, enough of the SNL skits when you guys come here. This was the reason why I started this thread...you guys are a joke.

That's because the ball was wet. Shula left the footballs outside in the rain the night before. His evilness knows know bounds.

And people say sarcasim doesn't translate throught the interwebs ;)

You know you're quaking in your boots as you stand/sit right now...the thought of the Jets making all these improvements with players, a QB with playoff wins and experience and a coaching staff coming off it's own rookie season...are you serious coming here and thinking (excuse me for laughing) that you're even in the same conversation with the Jets?

Come on, enough of the SNL skits when you guys come here. This was the reason why I started this thread...you guys are a joke.

First of all, I wear flip-flops, not boots, and I'm far from shaking at the Jets signing of a concussion prone safety, over the hill RB and a head case CB. Holmes, meh, yeah, good deal for the Jets.

Archived