Big trade puts Miami Dolphins on equal footing with Jets

NIGHT STALKER

You guys that don't live in the South Florida area aren't use to jounalism like this...us Jets fans down here get to read this **** 365 days a year...you have to remember, these hackers are actually fish fans posing as journalists.

Probably has to do with the fact that Miami is in many ways the sixth borough of New York City, and the "journalists" down there have to pound on New York teams because more than half the residents down there still cheer for them.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed 100% percent. I don't understand how, already being a better team than Miami, we got Cromartie, Poole, Holmes, LT, possibly JT, got Washington and Jenkins back, and the Dolphins make one move, and they are better than us? :rl:

Cromartie: Who was one of the weak links on a bad defensive unit.

Poole: Disturbing history of concussions.

Holmes: Suspended for the first 4 games, and 1 toke away from a 1 year suspension.

LT: Over the hill.

possibly JT: Maybe the Jets should actually sign the player, before touting him as an upgrade for the Jets.

Washington and Jenkins back: Yawn. Jenkins can't finish a full season and Leon may never be the same RB that he was.

Holmes: Suspended for the first 4 games, and 1 toke away from a 1 year suspension.

possibly JT: Maybe the Jets should actually sign the player, before touting him as an upgrade for the Jets.

Washington and Jenkins back: Yawn. Jenkins can't finish a full season and Leon may never be the same RB that he was.

What's your point? We can easily say that the reason why you guys beat us last year was traded last week.

... and Leon may never be the same RB that he was.

Ricky: Over the hill.

... and Ronnie may never be the same RB that he was.

And seriously, those Lisfranc fractures end more careers than broken legs. Our #3 RB is up & running, has your #1 even jogged on that foot yet? Or he he just gonna get traded away for a late pick, anyway?

Last year was proof we didn't need him all 16 games. You don;t have a player REMOTELY as dominant when he's in the game and healthy. Not even close.

you forgot....

crashingjet: idiot

nfHOQAT0-Mk

He has played 16 games 6 times including each of the 3 years prior to last....

True. But having him end the last 2 seasons on IR would worry me a bit.

What's your point? We can easily say that the reason why you guys beat us last year was traded last week.

We'll be just fine without Teddy and his 5 TD's in 3 years.

And seriously, those Lisfranc fractures end more careers than broken legs. Our #3 RB is up & running, has your #1 even jogged on that foot yet? Or he he just gonna get traded away for a late pick, anyway?

The Lis Franc thing is disturbing, and it's half the reason I don't mind Ronnie being on the trading block.

Ricky is on the last year or two of his NFL career, however he still got his 1,000 yards last year. So, while he may be close to retirement, he still runs with heart and power.

Last year was proof we didn't need him all 16 games. You don;t have a player REMOTELY as dominant when he's in the game and healthy. Not even close.

Not true. We have Brandon Fields as a punter, and that guy can take over a game with one swing of his foot. It's been impressive to watch.

you forgot....

crashingjet: idiot

I'm sorry that you didn't like my evaluation of the Jets off-season moves (jerking off motion).

Having a healthy Ronnie Brown around all year to share the load would help greatly, and on that front Williams had more good news.

Armando is an Idiot.

The Jets are a much better all around football team than the Phins and While they may have the Best single WR on their team (between the Jets/Phins not the NFL) in comparision, they do not have the better WR corps. The jets have better WR, RB's, O-Line, D-Line, LB's, Secondary Yep just about every position goes to the Jets and i dont even think its argueable. The only area they come close is at RB and their are a ton of questions in that department. The other area that might be in Question is QB that remains to be seen as well. But i think Sanchez will have the better career of the 2

He also said the Jets copied the Wildcat from the Phins when in fact the Jets ran plays like this long before the Phins did. The Phins made the Woldcat a big part of their offense, making them famous for it, but they certainly did not come up with the concept. They were also forced to run the Wildcat because their team was so low on talent at the WR positon they didnt have much of a choice.

Armando is an Idiot.

The Jets are a much better all around football team than the Phins and While they may have the Best single WR on their team (between the Jets/Phins not the NFL) in comparision, they do not have the better WR corps. The jets have better WR, RB's, O-Line, D-Line, LB's, Secondary Yep just about every position goes to the Jets and i dont even think its argueable. The only area they come close is at RB and their are a ton of questions in that department. The other area that might be in Question is QB that remains to be seen as well. But i think Sanchez will have the better career of the 2

He also said the Jets copied the Wildcat from the Phins when in fact the Jets ran plays like this long before the Phins did. The Phins made the Woldcat a big part of their offense, making them famous for it, but they certainly did not come up with the concept. They were also forced to run the Wildcat because their team was so low on talent at the WR positon they didnt have much of a choice.

Kinda the reason the Jets started running it last year, and they had "talented" recievers.

Armando is an Idiot.

Actually, they had to run the wildcat to keep the defense from stacking the box against a QB who can't throw the ball more than 8 yards, kind of like how the Jets used Brad Smith back in 2006 when they had the same guy at QB. ;)

Kinda the reason the Jets started running it last year, and they had "talented" recievers.

Actually, the Jets have been running option plays with Brad Smith at QB since 2006 when they had to mask Pennington's deficiencies and as such were desperate to find ways to keep the defense honest.

Actually, the Jets have been running option plays with Brad Smith at QB since 2006 when they had to mask Pennington's deficiencies and as such were desperate to find ways to keep the defense honest.

Stick around after work today. There's an award for the 5,000th time that, that argument has been written here.

Kleck dont go overboard running an option once a game was not due to QB Issues it was a play designed to get a dynamic player who could not adapt to the WR position into the game. Had nothing to do with the QB.

Also the Phins continue to run the wildcat with the strong armed Henne behind center so that arguement does not hold much water in Miami either. Either way pennys career is over.

If Brown comes back healthy there is very little that seperates these two teams. The fish beat us twice in two close games. If we play the Colts when the fish did and they play them when we did we probably don't make the playoffs last year and finish with identical records. The Jets and the Dolphins both upgraded big at WR but I would give the Dolphins an edge thinking Marshall is better than Holmes and 16 games is much better than 12 games. That doesn't take into account what both teams gave up but I don't think that matters much since the Fins have their guy signed and we have a rental at this point.

Cromartie is a potential big upgrade but Poole is a risk. If he's healthy he could be a wash or maybe slightly better than Rhodes. If he isn't healthy it creates a bit of a hole for us.

Big draft for both teams and I think both teams make some additional moves. Three team dog fight for the division and the Pats may well end up with the better year depending on their draft? Young QB's will win and lose games. Brady will win games for the Pats.

If Brown comes back healthy there is very little that seperates these two teams. The fish beat us twice in two close games. If we play the Colts when the fish did and they play them when we did we probably don't make the playoffs last year and finish with identical records. The Jets and the Dolphins both upgraded big at WR but I would give the Dolphins an edge thinking Marshall is better than Holmes and 16 games is much better than 12 games. That doesn't take into account what both teams gave up but I don't think that matters much since the Fins have their guy signed and we have a rental at this point.

Cromartie is a potential big upgrade but Poole is a risk. If he's healthy he could be a wash or maybe slightly better than Rhodes. If he isn't healthy it creates a bit of a hole for us.

Big draft for both teams and I think both teams make some additional moves. Three team dog fight for the division and the Pats may well end up with the better year depending on their draft? Young QB's will win and lose games. Brady will win games for the Pats.

Seriously, whats your problem bro? Why are you so unbiased? ;)

The funny part about this article, and Miami fans in general, is the repeated idea from both the media and them that the Dolphins are doing things like this to keep up with the Jets, something which is most certainly not reciprocal. Everything the Jets have done this offseason has been in the interest of beating the Patriots and the Colts.

Our Oline is better, our receivers are better, our run game is better, and our defense is better in every aspect of the game. They have made a great addition but our quaterbacks are close in talent and demonstrated skill, albeit Sanchez has the playoff experience edge now, and they have the wildcat which Ryan will decipher and defeat this season. So as far as equal goes, I don't think so.

Many are quick to admit that Marshall was a big upgrade but most forget that it cost the Fins two second round picks. With a defense so full of holes it will be hard for Tuna to play patch up and give offensive coordinators much of a challenge.

Besides, Revis is the anti-Marshall plan. He has shut down the best. Players as good as Marshall, players better than Marshall so I expect him to occupy Revis island, but not to cause much damage. They run a great wildcat that admittedly ran all over Ryan, but I have a feeling Rex will have figured out how to defend it, and our linebackers should be getting better at recognizing and making the necessary adjustments to stop it.

Our Oline is better, our receivers are better, our run game is better, and our defense is better in every aspect of the game. They have made a great addition but our quaterbacks are close in talent and demonstrated skill, albeit Sanchez has the playoff experience edge now, and they have the wildcat which Ryan will decipher and defeat this season. So as far as equal goes, I don't think so.

Many are quick to admit that Marshall was a big upgrade but most forget that it cost the Fins two second round picks. With a defense so full of holes it will be hard for Tuna to play patch up and give offensive coordinators much of a challenge.

Besides, Revis is the anti-Marshall plan. He has shut down the best. Players as good as Marshall, players better than Marshall so I expect him to occupy Revis island, but not to cause much damage. They run a great wildcat that admittedly ran all over Ryan, but I have a feeling Rex will have figured out how to defend it, and our linebackers should be getting better at recognizing and making the necessary adjustments to stop it.

None of that mattered last year. I'll give you defense, because that's not even close, but the O-Line and Run game are pretty comprable. Statistically, Miami's run-blocking was better than the Jets last season. Although, I won't argue which is better because overall they are both pretty damned good.

Bottom line, games are not played on paper. "Best" or "Better" are relative terms in sports, especially professional ones.

And our defense doesn't have that many holes. We upgraded a glaring need at ILB, and really only need a FS and NT. We actually have two guys who could play those positions right now (Culver at FS, Soliai at NT also Ferguson coming back in 8 games) but are looking to add depth in the draft.

None of that mattered last year. I'll give you defense, because that's not even close, but the O-Line and Run game are pretty comprable. Statistically, Miami's run-blocking was better than the Jets last season. Although, I won't argue which is better because overall they are both pretty damned good.

Bottom line, games are not played on paper. "Best" or "Better" are relative terms in sports, especially professional ones.

And our defense doesn't have that many holes. We upgraded a glaring need at ILB, and really only need a FS and NT. We actually have two guys who could play those positions right now (Culver at FS, Soliai at NT also Ferguson coming back in 8 games) but are looking to add depth in the draft.

You ranked 22nd in total defense last year and 25th in points allowed. Your defense sucks.

You ranked 22nd in total defense last year and 25th in points allowed. Your defense sucks.

sucked*. We'll see what happens this year. We had Gerbil Wilson and two rookie corners, we also added Dansby. I also said the two defenses weren't close. So, thanks. D-bag.

LOL we started 2 rookie corners. Thats insane. We will be much improved on Defense this year with those 2 having had a whole year of playing time under thier belts....Oh yea, we also hired this guy Mike Nolan to replace Paul pasquloser as D-coordinator, major upgrade....damn Denver hooked us up this year lol.

sucked*. We'll see what happens this year. We had Gerbil Wilson and two rookie corners, we also added Dansby. I also said the two defenses weren't close. So, thanks. D-bag.

What if and we'll see :rolleyes:.

We were #1 in Defense and went to the AFCchampionship game You were ranked #22 and went nowhere. You have alot of improvement ahead of you and I think your about 2 full years behind the Jets when it comes to SuperBowl Contention.

I DON'T KNOW WHY THIS ARTICLE IS PISSING ME OFF SO MUCH BUT IT IS. SO I'M ABOUT TO GO OFF!!!

1) You write for the Miami Herald. Your words are meaningless. New York is the capital of the world!! Unless your cover page is the back page, whatever you write don't mean s***. Stop hating on NY! NY is to America, as America is to the World!

2) Football is a team sport. In fact it is THEE most team oriented sport that exists. All you dumb dolphin fans keep hyping up this one player, you put him on a pedestal, and when you do, you completely ruin the cohesiveness of your team. Why don't you change your name to the Miami Marshall's? You probably would, but he hasn't played a down yet for you.

3) He has to go against Revis, who has proven himself over, and over, and over ,and F***ING OVER!!!!!! TO twice, Moss twice, ochocinco TWICE, Steve Smith etc. So yea, marshall's good, but good luck getting him the ball!!!! And before you can get him the ball, you gotta be able to throw it! We're taking your own defensive end, and hes not even going to let your Chad(either one) get rid of the ball.

4) Rookie head coach, rookie QB made it to AFC championship, by fighting to earn a wild card playoff berth in the last game at the stadium we played in. We then got rid of the weak, and got more of the strong! We are starting a fresh new season with a new, and may I say beautiful home. All while being chosen to be featured on HBO's hard knocks.

I could keep going, but if I do I might take that dumb journalist's job.

Archived