Kiper gives Jets a "B"

AFJF

New York Jets

Summary: We can at least say the Jets got better in their secondary. Kyle Wilson is a guy some people thought could crack the top 15 picks. Now you can intensify the blitz knowing Darrelle Revis, Antonio Cromartie and Wilson are back there looking to pick off errant passes. The trade up for Joe McKnight adds a dimension to the backfield and also has familiarity with Mark Sanchez. McKnight's durability is a question, but his pass-catching skills can help that offense. Vladimir Ducasse could become a starter and John Conner is the draft's best fullback. Just four picks, but zero misses.

Draft grade: B

New York Jets

Summary: We can at least say the Jets got better in their secondary. Kyle Wilson is a guy some people thought could crack the top 15 picks. Now you can intensify the blitz knowing Darrelle Revis, Antonio Cromartie and Wilson are back there looking to pick off errant passes. The trade up for Joe McKnight adds a dimension to the backfield and also has familiarity with Mark Sanchez. McKnight's durability is a question, but his pass-catching skills can help that offense. Vladimir Ducasse could become a starter and John Conner is the draft's best fullback. Just four picks, but zero misses.

Draft grade: B

Kiper is a tool.

Kiper is a very nice guy who is down to earth and works his ass off..I knew him many many years ago and he is defintly into this stuff..and man, does he ever talk like a sailor in private :rl:

I've always enjoyed Mel. That's always the joke when I'm watching ESPN with friends ... "Mel's talking, everybody shut up. " That's why perhaps I find McShay an annoying little prick. He'd argue the colour of **** with Mel.

these draft grades are all a joke. they should give a grade for the draft 2 or 3 years ago - that's how long it takes to evaluate.

i remember the kc chiefs draft a few years ago when everyone gave them an A, just because they had a bunch of picks (they took the DT from LSU w/their first pick). i don't know if any of those players are any good but the team still stinks.

I've always enjoyed Mel. That's always the joke when I'm watching ESPN with friends ... "Mel's talking, everybody shut up. " That's why perhaps I find McShay an annoying little prick. He'd argue the colour of **** with Mel.

I am sick of both of them. But then, I hate ESPN, so that could be coloring my view of them too.

Archived