No Money Down, No PSL Payment untill 2011 and Free Parking with Purchase of a PSL

rowonejetfan

I hear you but they do have to preserve the integrity of the PSL for those who paid for it already. The Jets will have to be really creative...

The NYJETS wont be selling the unsold seats individually TICKETMASTER will be purchasing them from the JETS and selling them.

The NYJETS wont be selling the unsold seats individually TICKETMASTER will be purchasing them from the JETS and selling them.

like i posted in another thread, ticketmaster doesn't buy tix, they only act as agent, which is why they charge those transaction fees. They have their stubhub-like secondary market but that is for third party resellers. Besides, for the jets purposes of not wanting to devalue the psl and anger fans, they couldn't take part in this trickery.

As of today, they have section 103 row 6 and section 128 row 5. Considering they are 5k PSLs and we now have no money down, no psl payment till 2011, free parking and a free DVD offer on table it is pretty amazing even to me that they are still there. I guess people are waiting till next sale like this is kohls, bet they are going in 15 minutes if ticket price and or psl in that section gets cut in price.

I hear you but they do have to preserve the integrity of the PSL for those who paid for it already. The Jets will have to be really creative...

My guess is if push comes to shove they'll work something out. They'll keep doing down the list of options with continually marked up rates. First they'll try selling just a single season without a PSL, but no option for future year tickets, and at a marked-up ticket price in order to justify it to the PSL-buyers. After that, they'll bump the per-game prices up even more and try to sell off half-season bundles and then worst case scenario they will go with single game sales, but at HIGHLY inflated rates, to the point to make it crystal clear to everyone involved that it would be a much better deal to have a PSL and season tickets. They'll avoid going that far at all costs since it still will likely make some unhappy regardless of price, but don't think they won't take that option if the alternative is them having to buy up every unsold ticket in the stadium.

My guess is if push comes to shove they'll work something out. They'll keep doing down the list of options with continually marked up rates. First they'll try selling just a single season without a PSL, but no option for future year tickets, and at a marked-up ticket price in order to justify it to the PSL-buyers. After that, they'll bump the per-game prices up even more and try to sell off half-season bundles and then worst case scenario they will go with single game sales, but at HIGHLY inflated rates, to the point to make it crystal clear to everyone involved that it would be a much better deal to have a PSL and season tickets. They'll avoid going that far at all costs since it still will likely make some unhappy regardless of price, but don't think they won't take that option if the alternative is them having to buy up every unsold ticket in the stadium.

Problem Jets have, unlike Giants is there are a lot of no money down or 10% down PSL holders, Giants requried 100% downpayment.

If Jets start suing fans for unpaid PSL balances it is a PR nightmare. They can do that for expensive corporate seats. But 30 year ticket holders who bought 4k, 5k, 6k, and 7.5k seats are not a rich lot. No backround check, no credit check, no money down, remember sub-prime? If Jets over-rape these people they will have to resell all the seats.

Only 15K, 20K, 25k PSLs had that 20% down requirement and those folks already made a PSL payment. Those people have some skin in game.

But even those who put down money such as 4k seats which only required 10% down I doubt anyone is making payments on a losing investment for 30 years as they don't want to walk away from their $400 buck investment.

I do know a few Jets fans who actually paid in cash for their PSL or bought in 15k section 4 seats, those folks have a lot of cash paid are SOL and will never get back. The folks who put down 20% in 20K section have to walk away from a large downpayment and insult to injury Jets are more likely to sue, that is a lot of coin and those folks who purchased there most likley are richer.

Another option might be, on a one year basis only, they can upgrade seat locations for free. Pretend they are doing the fans a favor. The object would be to clear up enough of the cheapest PSL seats to remove the PSL for one year only.

Next season, they can put the fans back in the original seats they purchased, and start the PSL sale on the unsold seats all over again. Some people will pay the difference, and keep the new seats if they like them.

If the Jets perform very well on the field, they should be able to unload the unsold PLS

Another option might be, on a one year basis only, they can upgrade seat locations for free. Pretend they are doing the fans a favor. The object would be to clear up enough of the cheapest PSL seats to remove the PSL for one year only.

Next season, they can put the fans back in the original seats they purchased, and start the PSL sale on the unsold seats all over again. Some people will pay the difference, and keep the new seats if they like them.

If the Jets perform very well on the field, they should be able to unload the unsold PLS

Archived