**** Official Hockey East 2010-2011 Season Thread ****

Gainzo

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's my school email address, and the one which receives all my college app notifications. Not happening, lol. The emails only come like once a week but they are annoying.

If there is no unsubscribe feature, find the contact us link on the website and ask them to remove you from their lists.

If there is no unsubscribe feature, find the contact us link on the website and ask them to remove you from their lists.

There is an unsubscribe, it just apparently doesn't like to work. I found a way to block inbound communications from that email though, so it's all good. And I purposely made that sound sci-fi-ish.

There is an unsubscribe, it just apparently doesn't like to work. I found a way to block inbound communications from that email though, so it's all good. And I purposely made that sound sci-fi-ish.

Nerd Alert!!! ;)

Sadly I got what you meant.

Would you like me to call the Admissions Office at Lowell and tell them to leave you alone?

Haha, no thanks. I just thought this would be a proper place to express my disdain for the school. :P

I don't want to say go BU! now because by May I may be going to a completely different school, haha.

I didn't apply to BU back in the day but I was accepted at UMaine, ULowell, UMass and Northeastern. I went to ULowell because it was cheap and I was paying my own way. All the best with your College choice.

I didn't apply to BU back in the day but I was accepted at UMaine, ULowell, UMass and Northeastern. I went to ULowell because it was cheap and I was paying my own way. All the best with your College choice.

Yeah, I got a bunch of engineering schools, a few of which are kinda big for the hockey, with those being BU, Rennselaer, Cornell, and Michigan. It'll be a tough decision some time in April between those and my other schools between where I'm accepted and the financial aid given--my parents will be paying college tuition for me and my 3 siblings at once so that's definitely a factor. There's just too much Lowell love here so I play the troll at times. :P

Yeah, I got a bunch of engineering schools, a few of which are kinda big for the hockey, with those being BU, Rennselaer, Cornell, and Michigan. It'll be a tough decision some time in April between those and my other schools between where I'm accepted and the financial aid given--my parents will be paying college tuition for me and my 3 siblings at once so that's definitely a factor. There's just too much Lowell love here so I play the troll at times. :P

College prices are ridiculous. My older two kids go to the local college (Austin Peay). By living at home, they cut 2/3rds of their college tuition out. It is not solely room and board, but there are a lot of additional 'fees' that are tacked on.

Lowell heads to Durham tonight. I expect a 6-1 beat down by UNH.

You know your season is going down the crapper when the Athletic Department does this (from an email I received today):

$8 Off Hockey Tickets for

River Hawks vs. Massachusetts

Friday, January 14 at 7:30 p.m. - NESN Broadcast

UMass Lowell River Hawks

Rowdy the River Hawk has been fired and fans are being asked to help him get his job back. Click here for the latest on Rowdy's firing.

The River Hawks will take on their Hockey East rival Massachusetts Minutemen live on NESN Friday, January 14 and we are offering a great $8 off ticket offer so fans can join the excitement and help Rowdy!

Click the "Buy Tickets" button below and type in the code "ROWDY" to reserve your seats today.

Lowell heads to Durham tonight. I expect a 6-1 beat down by UNH.

You know your season is going down the crapper when the Athletic Department does this (from an email I received today):

Close.

UNH 5 Lowell 2

After their 11th loss in a row Lowell is now officially the worst team in Division 1 Hockey.

With a home and home this weekend with those cow farkers from Amherst I predict a 2-17-2 record on Sunday morning. We stink :Pain: but at least I can buy a beer, or 10, watching my team get slaughtered at home.

• 2 weeks later...

Scoring a goal with 14 seconds left in OT against Lowell is nothing to write home about. This has been the worst season I can remember for Lowell but I will be back next year as they can't get any worse.......right?

BTW: UMass-Amherst gets 3x the funding for hockey than UMass-Lowell. That is a disgrace.

BTW2: Merrimack is the real deal.

Was it too much to ask to have Northeastern win the beanpot this past Monday against those arrogant pieces of doo-doo BC Eagles? I was ready to witness my Huskies shock the college hockey world.....and damn, if it didn't look like it could finally happen after a 22 year drought. But nooo.......the alum strong armed the BC admins and they raided the piddler priest defense fund in order to pay off the refs. No one can convince me otherwise ;) A heartbreaking OT victory by the bad guys. I hate BC.

I thought you were smart and applied to good schools? What the heck are you doing applying to BU?

True story:

I worked at Fidelity for a while. My job required a lot of writing. I did a lot of report writing there. Anyway, they hired a new girl with a fresh new master degree from BU. Don't think I have ever met a woman who could not string three comprehensible sentences together before. Her reports were a jumbled mess of disjointed thoughts and points. They actually had me assigned to this girl in order to teach her how to write a simple report. I did this for close to a month. I don't think I have ever worked with such a dumbazz in my life....she with the masters degree from Boston University.

Was it too much to ask to have Northeastern win the beanpot this past Monday against those arrogant pieces of doo-doo BC Eagles? I was ready to witness my Huskies shock the college hockey world.....and damn, if it didn't look like it could finally happen after a 22 year drought. But nooo.......the alum strong armed the BC admins and they raided the piddler priest defense fund in order to pay off the refs. No one can convince me otherwise ;) A heartbreaking OT victory by the bad guys. I hate BC.

That was a great game, probably the best Beanpot final I have watched in a long time. I hate BC hockey more than BU hockey and that is saying a lot. Still can't believe Merrimack is in 3rd place and will have home ice for the Hockey East playoffs.

That was a great game, probably the best Beanpot final I have watched in a long time. I hate BC hockey more than BU hockey and that is saying a lot. Still can't believe Merrimack is in 3rd place and will have home ice for the Hockey East playoffs.

It would be nice to see them make a nice run in the NCAAs as well.

Greg Cronin was suspended NU's AD

The best hockey coach the school has had since Fern Flaman, and we try to push him out

Unreal

Northeastern has come on strong since the Winter break. There is some "concern" about phone calls and text messages from the NU coaching staff to potential recruits. Personally I think it is BS.

Archived