Article by Cimini on Santana

Matt39

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/story/357014p-304251c.html

snippet:

"Santana stretches the field, horizontally and vertically," one NFC coordinator said yesterday. "You have to know where he is at all times. The Jets don't have anybody like that. Moss could've been the same player for the Jets, but they didn't have anybody to get him the ball. It was so obvious it was scary."

Not to pat myself on the back or anything, but I said the same thing verbatim 3 months ago. You all laughed at me then.

The whole articles pretty good. Keep in mind, I liked the Coles deal as well, just thought it hurt our overall speed on offense.

True, Moss does do those things. He also has alligator arms and runs for the sidelines like an angry husband is chasing him. If past performance is any indicator, pretty soon the only thing he will be stretching will be his strained hammy on the sidelines.

What a retard.

5 games, and now Santana is a great WR. What is Cimini drinking? Hatorade!

Its pathetic. Moss was the biggest pussy 1st rd pick EVER. And once he reinjures his little hamstrings again nobody will be crying about the trade we made. Ridiculous!

Not casting a bust. Just find it amusing that Santana's having a breakout year.

I never even liked Santana that much. He in fact was soft and didnt look like he gave it all every down. But the guy did step up in big games. Something other guys don't do. He can stretch the field.

You guys may want to ignore it, but the jets do in fact need some speed on offense. In all honesty, does anyone get the feeling that JMac and Coles are the exact same player?

Moss deserves his props this year - he's getting it done. He needs a big armed QB to thrive and he now has one. Coles, before Pennington's re-injury, was an obvious better fit for the Jets offense. Pennington could throw the ball as far as he could with Moss 15 yards behind him and still not overthrow Santana. Moss is a better player then he showed in NY IMO - but I'll still take Coles overall.

Not casting a bust. Just find it amusing that Santana's having a breakout year.

I never even liked Santana that much. He in fact was soft and didnt look like he gave it all every down. But the guy did step up in big games. Something other guys don't do. He can stretch the field.

You guys may want to ignore it, but the jets do in fact need some speed on offense. In all honesty, does anyone get the feeling that JMac and Coles are the exact same player?

I think an o line & a q back with time to throw would help more than upgrading recievers.

matt, your posts don't carry much clout anymore with that outdated picture of tx in your avatar. me & the guys were talkin & we pretty much skip over your posts these days without lindsay in the ballcap :lol::lol::lol:

BRING BACK LINDSAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived