Roy Halladay pitchs a perfect game

Greenranger

How's it feel Met fans?

Doesnt bother me at all.

It wasnt against the Mets. Mets suck this year. So makes no difference in Mets-World.

I guess Im not like Yankee or Sox fans who get their panties in a knot anytime a rival does something good.

Its a hell of an accomplishment. Too bad nobody was at the game or watching on TV.

Caught the last inning on Gameday at work...which is alot like saying I didn't catch the last inning.

Halladay's a legitimately great pitcher...I think he's going to age extremely well...he's just going to be riding his prime for the next 3-4 years. At the end he just might be HOF good... that's probably dependent on playoff success a little bit.

How's it feel Met fans?

You recognize a great achievement by saying this? The hell does that mean?

Halladay is an absolute beast. 115 pitches, 72 of them strikes, 10 K's. Part of me is surprised it took him this long to throw a perfect game, he's the perfect guy (pun intended) to do it. A throwback to times when pitchers just gutted out complete games as if that was the expectation. Throw pitch counts out the window when he's on the hill.

Halladay was just the 4th pitcher in MLB history to do so in a 1-0 game. No margin for error there.

Has there ever been 2 perfect games in a season? Braden threw one earlier. On a larger note, between Halladay, Braden and Jimenez's no-hitter earlier in the season, its been a while since pitching has been this dominant. Looks like the end of the steroid era may be ushering in an era for pitchers. That would be good news for baseball.

You recognize a great achievement by saying this? The hell does that mean?

Halladay is an absolute beast. 115 pitches, 72 of them strikes, 10 K's. Part of me is surprised it took him this long to throw a perfect game, he's the perfect guy (pun intended) to do it. A throwback to times when pitchers just gutted out complete games as if that was the expectation. Throw pitch counts out the window when he's on the hill.

Halladay was just the 4th pitcher in MLB history to do so in a 1-0 game. No margin for error there.

Has there ever been 2 perfect games in a season? Braden threw one earlier. On a larger note, between Halladay, Braden and Jimenez's no-hitter earlier in the season, its been a while since pitching has been this dominant. Looks like the end of the steroid era may be ushering in an era for pitchers. That would be good news for baseball.

in 1880 there were 2 perfect games

Archived