Ths Is The Most Talented And Deepest Jets Team

SoFlaJets

I like the enthusiasm, but Woodhead's not making this team and neither is Clemens. Allison, Cummings, Westerman, and Ihedigbo are all on the bubble. Kia's a longshot at best, maybe a practice squad guy.

Years of trading away draft picks has definitely thinned out the depth on this team.

I think Cummings, Westerman and Ihedigbo are pretty much locks to make the team. Rex likes all those guys. I think the depth thing is a little overblown. If your second stringers can come in and perform at the level of your starters, you have a problem. The only place where depth really worries me is the d-line and we pretty much weathered the worst case scenario there last season.

Seems contradictory. I don't see how our depth is thin at all, least of all as compared to what it was prior to the years of dealing picks. Almost all of those guys would have been locks four years ago.

True, and lets not forget that we did get Santonio for a 5th and Braylon for two low picks as well...though I was tight that we let Trusnik go.

I think Cummings, Westerman and Ihedigbo are pretty much locks to make the team. Rex likes all those guys. I think the depth thing is a little overblown. If your second stringers can come in and perform at the level of your starters, you have a problem. The only place where depth really worries me is the d-line and we pretty much weathered the worst case scenario there last season.

I dont even see a problem with our D'line. With Devito, Pouha, Gholston and Pitiotua we should be fine. The only position that I see an obvious problem at is at TE. If Keller goes down we are in f'ing trouble. Though we talk about Holmes, Braylon Greene, Sanchez etc. I think the key to the passing game will be Keller. He's a mismatch 90% of the time and because of this you cant consistenly double team WR's because he eats up field and will burn LB's. Not to mention that his blocking skills was much better last year. If keller goes down who do we have? It would be a devastating blow I know that for sure.

I dont even see a problem with our D'line. With Devito, Pouha, Gholston and Pitiotua we should be fine. The only position that I see an obvious problem at is at TE. If Keller goes down we are in f'ing trouble. Though we talk about Holmes, Braylon Greene, Sanchez etc. I think the key to the passing game will be Keller. He's a mismatch 90% of the time and because of this you cant consistenly double team WR's because he eats up field and will burn LB's. Not to mention that his blocking skills was much better last year. If keller goes down who do we have? It would be a devastating blow I know that for sure.

Losing Sanchez would be the only devastating injury, not Keller. We can pick up a guy like Randy McMichael or L.J. Smith from the free agent list if Keller goes down, and still be OK because we have Holmes, Edwards, Cotchery and Tomlinson in the passing game.

Obviously, Hartsock is not a capable receiving TE and neither McMichael nor Smith would be ideal options, but we're talking about a luxury position, not a key cog in our system. Keller's only scored 5 TD's total the past 2 years and our offense has still done pretty well.

If Sanchez goes down, I don't know about you, but I have ZERO faith in any of our current backup QB's or Mark Brunell (our rumored signee closer to the beginning of the season).

Keep in mind that we weren't affected by injuries that greatly last year, other than Strickland and Lito during the regular season and Strickland in the AFCC game (that was huge.) But if one of our lineman, backs, or receivers go down, we can be in trouble...and don't forget if Revis goes down, we're a completely different defense. If we can stay healthy and everything clicks, we will be one of the best Jets teams in the history of the franchise.

Wilson is a 1st round draft pick CB. He would find himself as a #2 on plenty of teams right now. Cotchery is a legit #2 in this league. The reason why he's a bench player is because we have two legit #1's on our team. Pouha and Devito showed that they're solid and are playmakers on the line and how many teams do we know need a DE/DT? Eric Smith could start for the Rams, Lions, Bucs, Bengals right now. Gholston, I'll give you that just given his history, but truth be told he was out of position since he's been in the league. He has probably the best Size to strength to speed ratio on this entire team right now. Putting him back at DE I think he'll show and prove. If LT went to Kansas City and not Jones LT would be a starter. Conner is a legit FB with hands to catch out of the backfield. He would be a starter right now if it wasnt for Richardson.

-Wilson has never played a snap, its like saying the Rams will be better b/c they have Bradford. Better yt, the Raiders will be better b/c they have Russell. Thats just my personal quirk, no props for any rookie until they go on the field and start making plays against other NFL players. Bump whatever they did vs. Idaho, Illinois, or Central Michigan.

-I agree on Devito, Pouha, and Cotch. Solid, dependable guys.

-IMO Gholston is a horrible fit as a 3-4 DE. I hope theyre lining him up as a 7 techinque for your 4-3/nickel packages. Cuz if he's lined up over a L/RT, on a regular basis being asked to hold the point of attack, thats not his game at all.

-Conner = Rookie. No love for him until at least the preseason. BTW, is he playing ST?

-Eric Smith could start for the Rams, Lions, Bengals, Bucs? I dont think so. But in any case 4 teams isnt a ringing endorsement, especially when three of the teams are stright doormats.

-LT is not starting over Jamal Charles. Not a chance IMO.

Walt Michaels was head coach, and he had a melt down after the Mud Bowl in Miami. There was a lot of talk that he had alcohol issues, and found himself black-balled out of the NFL.

Joe Walton was his super-genius offensive coordinator, and the Jets were going to be absolutastic once he was promoted to head coach. Despite a ton of talent, it never happened.

No, the melt down started at half time of the Raiders game. when somebody called the Jets in the locker room at half time, Walt Michaels grabbed the phone and said ''I'll choke you Al Davis''..lol..and that old NFL films show with his hat coming off in shea stadium with the ricochet sound effect?

:rl:

This is the best Jet team I can remember. The sack exchange defenses didn't really have great linebackers. Through the whole 80s the Jets didn't have great LBs. Some good ones, but nothing really special. On offense the 80s Jets had skill position players as good or better than they have now, but never had a dominant O-Line to go with it. This is easily the most talent I have ever seen the Jets put on the field.

Don't underestimate Cromartie because he won't tackle or Holmes because he smokes weed, these are elite players. Kyle Wilson redshirted one year and then started every single game for four years. Thats the most experience the college rules let you get, I think he will contribute as a rookie.

But the real parity buster in the NFL is coaching. So the defense will be good and the offense will have to overcome Schotty.

Archived