iPhone 4

TaborJet

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Evo 4G/Droid X/Galaxy S Pro are better than the iPhone. ;)

lol, people talk about capabilities being limited in certain areas with the iPhone.

It would be hilarious to watch Sprint attempt to launch "Clear" and a 4G device simultaneously with more than a few thousand customers in a crowded sector of a major metropolitan area.

The same goes for Verizon. I've worked for both Verizon Wireless & AT&T Mobility.

Their network is not equipped to handle the data required to satisfy a large customer base in a tight area of coverage. AT&T were the guinea pigs, the innovators and everyone else is simply playing catch up.

I pick up mine tomorrow. My 3GS got robbed out of my gym locker literally the day they announced the Gen 4. I figured why even bother buying a replacement with the new one coming out. Can't wait though, I haven't seen the new OS in person yet and I can't wait for multi-tasking.

lol, people talk about capabilities being limited in certain areas with the iPhone.

It would be hilarious to watch Sprint attempt to launch "Clear" and a 4G device simultaneously with more than a few thousand customers in a crowded sector of a major metropolitan area.

The same goes for Verizon. I've worked for both Verizon Wireless & AT&T Mobility.

Their network is not equipped to handle the data required to satisfy a large customer base in a tight area of coverage. AT&T were the guinea pigs, the innovators and everyone else is simply playing catch up.

Fanboy much?

Heard and saw a youtube video about it losing service while you hold the phone on the metal sides(antenna). Which is pretty much how everyone holds there phone.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/24/some-iphone-4-models-see-signals-drop-to-0-when-held-left-handed/

If true, there's gonna be a **** storm.

As for the iOS4 update, pretty upset I got rid of my 3.1.2 3GS jailbreak for the fake multitasking it offers.

Heard and saw a youtube video about it losing service while you hold the phone on the metal sides(antenna). Which is pretty much how everyone holds there phone.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/24/some-iphone-4-models-see-signals-drop-to-0-when-held-left-handed/

As for the iOS4 update, pretty upset I got rid of my 3.1.2 3GS jailbreak for the fake multitasking it offers.

Never heard about the signal drop, that'll be huge problem indeed. OS4 will be jailbroken/unlocked in no time.

I think it's when you hold it on the left hitch and bottom one. The pessimist in me says that Apple launched those rubber bumpers to prevent this from happening--it's their first accessory like that, and it magically fixes the problem. This would mean they knew about the problem before launch. Also, watch out for yellow splotches on the screen, there have been a lot of reports of that.

Never heard about the signal drop, that'll be huge problem indeed. OS4 will be jailbroken/unlocked in no time.

I think it already is, but once again the 3GS users with the new baseband got screwed. So I'm holding out to see if an untethered one comes out with the release of the iPhone 4.

If that sounds like chinese, I'll explain.

I think it's when you hold it on the left hitch and bottom one. The pessimist in me says that Apple launched those rubber bumpers to prevent this from happening--it's their first accessory like that, and it magically fixes the problem. This would mean they knew about the problem before launch. Also, watch out for yellow splotches on the screen, there have been a lot of reports of that.

Yeah reading that now too.

They effed up, bigtime.

This is why I'll wait for a refresh if I do decided to get it, my 1st gen is still running strong.

I think it already is, but once again the 3GS users with the new baseband got screwed. So I'm holding out to see if an untethered one comes out with the release of the iPhone 4.

If that sounds like chinese, I'll explain.

Untethering?

This is why I'll wait for a refresh if I do decided to get it, my 1st gen is still running strong.

Untethering?

Okay, as far as I understood it, there were 2 basebands of the 3GS's put out. Pretty much anyone that bought one around last holiday season got the newer version. With the newer version you could jailbreak, but it would be 'tethered'. Meaning, if your phone died, or you shut it off, the only way to turn back on is to re-jailbreak it. So if you weren't near your computer you were screwed.

It wasn't that bad because it was a 1 click jailbreak, but there were times where I was without a phone for a couple of hours.

Okay, as far as I understood it, there were 2 basebands of the 3GS's put out. Pretty much anyone that bought one around last holiday season got the newer version. With the newer version you could jailbreak, but it would be 'tethered'. Meaning, if your phone died, or you shut it off, the only way to turn back on is to re-jailbreak it. So if you weren't near your computer you were screwed.

It wasn't that bad because it was a 1 click jailbreak, but there were times where I was without a phone for a couple of hours.

I heard about this but I'm still on the 1st gen so I haven't paid much attention to it. I hate the cat and mouse game, I think i'm going to the Android platform next, not feeling what Apple has been doing with the iPhone.

I heard about this but I'm still on the 1st gen so I haven't paid much attention to it. I hate the cat and mouse game, I think i'm going to the Android platform next, not feeling what Apple has been doing with the iPhone.

Thats the thing, as much as Apple's been a pain in the ass I feel like Android just wouldn't deliver. That's personal opinion, and I haven't used the Droid enough to even say that.

I just feel like anytime these phones say they can do everything and more than the hot phone at the moment they can, but they can't do it as good.

First impressions, the speed of everything and screen and the absolutely incredible. I remember reading an early review comparing it to the difference between regular and HD TV and I don't think that was too far off; and no question this is faster than the 3GS in every possible way. Multi-tasking is awesome, and the folders option on the homepage really cleans things up. Already played around with the dual-camera and it's a gem.

So this is why I love Apple products. As I stated, my 3GS was robbed out of my gym locker about 2 weeks ago, and the majority of stuff I didn't have backed up to my Mac other than syncing it on my iTunes. Years worth of contacts, apps, songs that I hadn't backed up, even a few important files that I never copied over because you know, I guess I had faith in people not cutting the lock off of my gym locker and stealing my ****.

Well, I bring the new iPhone home. Plug it in. It asks me if I want to sync it up to my old phone, I click yes, and literally within 2 minutes I have everything back that I lost. My entire phone book, the order I had my apps in, even all of my ****ing text messages from the past several years restored. No error messages, no calling help desks in India, no figuring out which program I'd need to use, I just plugged it in and it worked. God bless you Steve Jobs.

So this is why I love Apple products. As I stated, my 3GS was robbed out of my gym locker about 2 weeks ago, and the majority of stuff I didn't have backed up to my Mac other than syncing it on my iTunes. Years worth of contacts, apps, songs that I hadn't backed up, even a few important files that I never copied over because you know, I guess I had faith in people not cutting the lock off of my gym locker and stealing my ****.

Well, I bring the new iPhone home. Plug it in. It asks me if I want to sync it up to my old phone, I click yes, and literally within 2 minutes I have everything back that I lost. My entire phone book, the order I had my apps in, even all of my ****ing text messages from the past several years restored. No error messages, no calling help desks in India, no figuring out which program I'd need to use, I just plugged it in and it worked. God bless you Steve Jobs.

I am infinitely jealous.

First impressions, the speed of everything and screen and the absolutely incredible. I remember reading an early review comparing it to the difference between regular and HD TV and I don't think that was too far off; and no question this is faster than the 3GS in every possible way. Multi-tasking is awesome, and the folders option on the homepage really cleans things up. Already played around with the dual-camera and it's a gem.

Couldn't be further from the truth.

Apps restart, even when you doubletap to them. I still can't leave a game of whatever I'm playing, switch an album and go back into that game where it was paused at. The whole game app starts back up again.

I have no idea why I upgraded... The Jailbreak version of multitask worked flawlessly, it came out a year and a half ago, and it was probably created by some 16 year old in his parents basement...

Couldn't be further from the truth.

Apps restart, even when you doubletap to them. I still can't leave a game of whatever I'm playing, switch an album and go back into that game where it was paused at. The whole game app starts back up .

Can't say I've had that problem. The only game I play is Abca and I haven't had any issues with the game restarting when clicking back over to it.

Can't say I've had that problem. The only game I play is Abca and I haven't had any issues with the game restarting when clicking back over to it.

Basically, every app needs to put out their own update for multitasking to work. The popular apps like Pandora already have.

But still, somehow this all worked fine with jailbroken version.

Basically, every app needs to put out their own update for multitasking to work. The popular apps like Pandora already have.

Meh, so it's a problem for teeny gamers that'll eventually be correctable with time. No big deal for the grown folk and even if it affects something I use it's only temporary. That's acceptable.

Meh, so it's a problem for teeny gamers that'll eventually be correctable with time. No big deal for the grown folk and even if it affects something I use it's only temporary. That's acceptable.

Okay, or espn radio or any other app that hasn't put the update out yet.

And how is that acceptable?

Not to mention if you hold your new iphone with your left hand you'll drop a call because you're covering the antenna...

None of this is acceptable.

They just have to recompile their apps in iOS 4, essentially a one-click procedure, to get the advantages of fast app switching. They should remove the 12 app limit on folders, by the way. And widgets!

They just have to recompile their apps in iOS 4, essentially a one-click procedure, to get the advantages of fast app switching. They should remove the 12 app limit on folders, by the way. And widgets!

Not the point.

It shouldn't be on the apps designers end, clearly there was a way for this to all work. Apple dropped the ball.

Okay, or espn radio or any other app that hasn't put the update out yet.

And how is that acceptable?

Not to mention if you hold your new iphone with your left hand you'll drop a call because you're covering the antenna...

None of this is acceptable.

Just had a 5 minute call holding it with my left hand. No problem at all. Perhaps your phone doesn't like you because you're complaining about it too much.

Listening to NPR radio and typing on JN at the same time. Just got off the phone with a buddy in Iraq and didn't have one problem holding it about 6 different ways. No yellow splotches or anything. Just another day in Apple heaven. Thank you Steve. Thank you. You had me at FaceTime.

Archived