"I don't know what to do with my hands" on Hard Knocks with Jason Davis

Bruce Banner

this is gonna sound nutty but I'd rather have Davis and Conner than TRich and Conner. Trich is done. Full back is a hammer position you can't have 40 year olds out there dropping the hammer.

How so?

this is gonna sound nutty but I'd rather have Davis and Conner than TRich and Conner. Trich is done. Full back is a hammer position you can't have 40 year olds out there dropping the hammer.

He touches the ball like 10 times a year.

How so?

look at richardson's blocking in 09 compared to 08, he's walling people off and whiffing, in 08 he was crushing people

also the draft pick speaks volumes... conner in the 5th is like vlad in the 2nd it's a draft pick based on need not luxury of best available player. Conner might start... Davis might start... Trich will tell these bucks everything he knows and get cut

final point after Trich gets cut who will resign him? no one. which means he will be available in case they need to go back to that well... like how Howard Green was available when Jenks got injured.

look at richardson's blocking in 09 compared to 08, he's walling people off and whiffing, in 08 he was crushing people

also the draft pick speaks volumes... conner in the 5th is like vlad in the 2nd it's a draft pick based on need not luxury of best available player. Conner might start... Davis might start... Trich will tell these bucks everything he knows and get cut

final point after Trich gets cut who will resign him? no one. which means he will be available in case they need to go back to that well... like how Howard Green was available when Jenks got injured.

TRich might be done, but don't give me any bull**** that FB is a young man's position. Old ****s like Richardson and Neal last forever at FB. Richardson was supposedly contemplating retirement, so I don't expect him to sign on anywhere else. If the Jets cut Richardson at the last minute he might have trouble signing elsewhere, but it was no shock Green couldn't find anywhere to land mid-season.

By all accounts (including yours) Conner was a beast at the Senior Bowl and was standing out. Rex supposedly loves him. Why does that equate to a need pick? As for Davis, if he were so good, they certainly wouldn't need to burn a 5th on Conner. If it comes down to that I'd rather just have Conner and drop the others from the roster, unless they are contributing on specials.

TRich might be done, but don't give me any bull**** that FB is a young man's position. Old ****s like Richardson and Neal last forever at FB.

even forever has its limits. there aren't that many 39 year old NFL'ers period.

Why does that equate to a need pick? As for Davis, if he were so good, they certainly wouldn't need to burn a 5th on Conner. If it comes down to that I'd rather just have Conner and drop the others from the roster, unless they are contributing on specials.

cause fullbacks don't usually get drafted, even really really good ones.

I agree Davis is probably the odd man out but he will have a chance to audition for that job.

I do agree also that specials will be a consideration... conner and davis can handle ST duty, i don't think Richardson is useful in that role.

Wouldn't cutting a veteran help support your woody is cheap theory?

If they cut TRich all the papers and media can tell us how doomed the Jets are that they cut another over the hill leader like Jones and Faneca. It'll be lovely.

:P

Yeah, but who gives a crap. If Conner can play there is no need for T-Rich. If he can't different story

Don't count out T.Rich bro. That guy is still a stud.

even forever has its limits. there aren't that many 39 year old NFL'ers period.

cause fullbacks don't usually get drafted, even really really good ones.

I agree Davis is probably the odd man out but he will have a chance to audition for that job.

I do agree also that specials will be a consideration... conner and davis can handle ST duty, i don't think Richardson is useful in that role.

players learn better by doing then by watching.

I agree with this. I think they will give Conner every opportunity to start. If Richardson isn't starting I'd assume he's out. Baring injury, Conner will be on the team. Roster spots for the other two will depend on many factors, among them Conner. For Davis to make the team he'll probably need Conner to beat out Richardson, plus an injury, Marion Barber like ST ability or other roster moves (carrying less than 14 QBs would be a good start)

T-Rich really fell off last year. I think its strange that so few people noticed.

I guess when our team leads the league in rushing it would.

I did notice he lost a step and that extra oomph, but still is a great hole opener/lead blocker.

Bit and BB may be right about Richardson losing a step, but he couldn't be that bad if a mid-level back like Jones could have such a good season. Either that or Jones is better than many of us think.

T-Rich

Archived