Will Miami have a 73 win season in the next 5 years?

Blackout

73 wins for the Heat?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. 73 wins for the Heat?

• yes
    • no

• 2 months later...

With the length of the playoffs being what it is, teams simply don't get huge win totals anymore. If the Heat live up to expectations and roll for most of the season, you'll see them resting their big 3 late in the year. The Heat don't have a TON of depth, so you can't expect them to keep winning at a high rate down the stretch if that happens.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember hearing an interview with Larry Bird one time where they asked him a bunch of questions about Boston's 67-win season, and he said that the only reason they dropped 15 that year was because they simply got bored on some nights. It's hard to bring it every single night; and on top of that, even the lowest teams on the totem pole are going to bring their A-game when ever you're in town. I say it's a 50/50 shot. The East is particularly weak with Bosh and Lebron thinning it out even further, so it's definitely on the table.

The thing is though, that Bulls team had a ton going for it up and down and it was a perfect storm with that roster coming together. They were the best and most complete team in the league not only offensively, but were like 2nd or 3rd in defense that season and could beat you in so many ways because of the versatility that guys like Rodman, Kukoc, Harper, and Kerr brought to the table behind the big guns. They need to get a few of those types of guys on the team before they're able to be that dominant during the regular season. In my opinion, it's just too hard to win that many games relying on only 3 players. The playoffs are a completely different animal, but the regular season is a marathon. Miami isn't nearly as complete right now as that Bulls team was. I don't think it'll happen this season, but there's definitely a chance they could do it in a few years as they continue to complete the roster. Though like I said, the league is extremely top-heavy right now, so it's not impossible. I just think they're another 2-3 players away from being able to accomplish that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived