Report: Patriots 6th oldest team in NFL

Jetfan13

According to Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com, his colleague Mike Sando keeps detailed records of each team's roster and this week focused on age-related statistics.Reiss and most Patriot fans were surprised to learn that the Patriots' roster is the 6th oldest of the 32 teams in the NFL. The Patriots' average age is 26.64 years. This was especially surprising given that the Patriots drafted 12 players in 2009 and another 12 in this year's draft, which should add up as a significant infusion of youth.

Why such a high rating in the age category? Because despite the team's influx of youth, a good portion of the team's core performers are over 30-Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Kevin Faulk, Matt Light, Stephen Neal, etc. They've also added other 30-year-olds in Torry Holt, Damione Lewis, Gerard Warren and David Patten, among others.

This is one of the tougher challenges for teams on a year-to-year basis: How to get younger and faster, but still have experience throughout key parts of the roster.

Today is Giselle's birthday, 30, even his HOME team is getting old

Happy BD Giselle! Best thing Brady ever did...unless he cheated getting her as well. In fact I think he did...he was knocking up Bridget Moynahan when he started dating Giselle.

giss.jpg

The Jets are ranked 15th with an average age of 26.13. NE is 26.64

That .51 could be the difference in the AFCE this year.

1st off, typical patsie response...the facts were stated, it isn't a pissing match claiming they would lose because of their age...

Having said that, the Jets are much younger at skill positions...:box:

1st off, typical patsie response...the facts were stated, it isn't a pissing match claiming they would lose because of their age...

Having said that, the Jets are much younger at skill positions...:box:

:lol: You left this part out. I wonder why?

So while the Patriots are a young team, it's not as if they are short on experience. It's also important to remember that the average age could change once the team cuts down to 53 players.

:lol: You left this part out. I wonder why?

So while the Patriots are a young team, it's not as if they are short on experience. It's also important to remember that the average age could change once the team cuts down to 53 players.

I posted the article, so I didn't leave anything out. I was just pointing out how YOU just read want you want to and twist the story to your ad.

Archived