Weiss: Quinn is a 1st rounder; Scouts talk Leinart and Young

R44

For anybody looking for some concrete prospect news, not just fan speculation, we've posted some excellent QB info at DD.com.

Today (Tues)....We've got a featured link from a Indiana paper quoting Charlie Weiss saying Brady Quinn is basically a 1st round lock....Not suprisingly, Weiss says he'll try to keep Quinn in school for another season.

Also, in yesterday's notes, we have a link from Miami that talks about the top QB prospects, with actual NFL scouts (current and former) talking mostly about Matt Leinart and Texas' Vince Young -- who's "odd throwing motion" is really taken to task by one former scout.

Plus much more info for draft and college fans.....

http://draftdaddy.com/Blog/blog.cfm

Good work R44! As usual.

Hey what are your thoughts on Quinn? Is he staying? If not could he really see Round 1?

my father is a big ND fan and he tells me he read in one of his ND news letters that Quinn says he is 100% coming back for his final year.......for what its worth, sorry no link or proof to this.

my father is a big ND fan and he tells me he read in one of his ND news letters that Quinn says he is 100% coming back for his final year.......for what its worth, sorry no link or proof to this.

Notre Dame is the kind of school I could see him going back to. Loyalty still means something there. Especially with a coach like Charlie. He knows he would be learning stuff that will help him in the pros.

Maxman, I really think Quinn is a first round caliber talent....In 2004, at this time, I didn't feel that way about Alex Smith.

Actually, we were the first draft site anywhere in America that reported NFL teams were looking at Smith in round 1....We had a quote from Dallas owner Jerry Jones last December saying he "wished" he could get Smith in the 2nd or 3rd round (Jones said his scouts had him rated as a 1st rounder)....At that point, he was just a 20 year old, 1 season wonder in a gimmick offense, with a good speed, so the thought of him going number 1 overall was outlandish.

I don't think Quinn comes out....I think, in the end, Vince Young comes out, if the scouts give him a favorable projection...Remember, Young is already in 4th season at Texas and word is, Texas' coaches are telling top QB recruits that he's likely jumping early.

BTY, if I was Young, I'd try to distance myself from the Vick comparisons :?

I was watching the game against BYU on Saturday and they were saying that Weiss only has a 1.5 million dollar buyout of his contract at Notre Dame.

So if an NFL team wants to make Charlie their head coach all they would have to do is pay ND 1.5 million.

So I don't think it is a slam dunk that Weiss is there for the length of the contract.

As far as Quinn is concerned. I'm not totally sure what to make of him. He was flat out awful with Willingham as the coach and now he looks like a first round pick under Weiss.

I would like to see Quinn stay one more year and see what he does before turning pro. Then again that is just me being a selfish ND fan. :D

Archived