Willie Parker

nj meadowlands

Just heard that Willie Parker is "not a lock" to make the Skins final roster. If he gets cut, is he worth a look to add RB depth?

I'd say no unless one of our current trio gets injured. No need to carry 4 RB's on the active roster when we have Chauncey Washington and Danny Woodhead available for depth purposes on the practice squad.

I'd say no unless one of our current trio gets injured. No need to carry 4 RB's on the active roster when we have Chauncey Washington and Danny Woodhead available for depth purposes on the practice squad.

Danny Woodhead is not practice squad eligible.

Seems like it would be adding another big question mark to a backfield filled with question marks. Guy has been injury riddled the past couple of years.

the guys has lost a step or two lets see what Joe Mcknight can do first

Willie Parker is a far better insurance policy than Danny Woodhead.

Probably true, but if the Redskins cut him, he'll be readily available for us if one of our backs gets hurt. I don't foresee a scramble to sign this guy if he can't even make the roster of the worst NFC East team. I'd probably prefer to see what Chauncey Washington can do than a washed up one-year wonder like Parker.

Probably true, but if the Redskins cut him, he'll be readily available for us if one of our backs gets hurt. I don't foresee a scramble to sign this guy if he can't even make the roster of the worst NFC East team. I'd probably prefer to see what Chauncey Washington can do than a washed up one-year wonder like Parker.

One yr wonder? Dude had over a thousand yards 3 years in a row and has always been able to rip off the home run

One yr wonder? Dude had over a thousand yards 3 years in a row and has always been able to rip off the home run

He had only 7 TD's (rushing and receiving) combined in 2 of those years you speak of. I consider the 2006 campaign (1494 yds, 16 TD's) his one great year, and since then, his numbers have been on a steep decline.

He USED to be able to break off the big run, but hasn't in a while. His longest run since 2006 has been 34 yards, and as he's getting ready to turn 30 in November, I doubt he'll be breaking any 76-yarders anytime soon, even if he is running behind our line.

Either way you look at it, he would be a GREAT #3/4 option. Joe McKnight is a rookie, so we don't know how he'll pan out. And if we're looking to win it all next season, I'd much rather have Willie Parker as my #3 and Joe McKnight as my #4.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Archived