Sanchez: This Is MY Team

SoFlaJets

Are we seriously talking about Chad ******* Pennington?

Sanchez? Meh, very worrying to hear he's throwing picks, especially without Revis here. Our entire season is built on him improving, he needs to be smarter with the ball and make the odd play here and there.

I still think you are missing the point. To be a winner, you need the combination of skill and leadership. If you have the skill set its easier to win than if you just have the leadership. Once you've proved you have the skillz, its easier to be a leader because teammates see what you bring on the field.

Throwing picks left and right, doesnt earn you that respect. Rex has earned that respect because he's proved he's a bad a$$ mother ****er. As a Qb, winning is proving yourself. You lead your team to victory. Thats hard to do throwing the ball to the other team. Doesnt matter how great of a leader you are if you are doing this on regular basis.

I never disputed any of that. I simply responded to the post made that Intangibles don't exist. They do exist and are important. Never said that intangibles are always more important than skill. You need to have both to be great.

The problem with this theory is that all these guys were winners at the lower levels. The difference between NFL Qbs and NCAA Qbs isn't their leadership skills. By your definition guys couldn't win in Pop Warner without "intangibles".

Agreed. Successful NCAA QBs and NFL QB's almost always have both good intangibles and good skill. At the pop warner level... Well, if you're a future NFL HOFer playing with a bunch of kids that will most likely get cut from their JV HS teams....Then obviously you will probably be successful regardless of intangibles. Once you meet an equally skilled opponent, however, intangibles are the difference.

Yes. And its also a good sign when a player makes mistakes in practice... It means he is pushing himself to get better and stumbling as a result. I'd be worried if he was completing 100% of his passes in Training Camp. I

That would mean either the defense is doing something very wrong or Sanchez is taking the easy way out on a lot of plays and not attempting to improve his game.

ts one of the oldest mantras in the coaching world... "If you're not messing up in practice, you won't get better in games"

I completely agree with this. I want Mark take a lot of chances against last year's #1 pass defense. I want him to test his limits on the practice field when it doesn't count. The only way he's going to be able to thread some needles in games is if he's squeezing the ball in there in practice. He needs to learn the timing of his receivers. Get that feel for everyone. That's what practice is all about.

I'm not gonna worry about int's until around the 3rd preseason game. That's the final dress rehearsal. 3rd day of camp? No.

I completely agree with this. I want Mark take a lot of chances against last year's #1 pass defense. I want him to test his limits on the practice field when it doesn't count. The only way he's going to be able to thread some needles in games is if he's squeezing the ball in there in practice. He needs to learn the timing of his receivers. Get that feel for everyone. That's what practice is all about.

I'm not gonna worry about int's until around the 3rd preseason game. That's the final dress rehearsal. 3rd day of camp? No.

A lot of people are making some unwarranted logical leaps in response to the post I made. My main point wasn't to critique his performance thus far nor argue whether intangibles exist or not, just to say this this article was a complete puff piece, like we used to get with Chad, and that I'd rather be reading article about how he's bringing it to the defense and how he looks like a much better player on the field, rather then a much better leader in the huddle and off of it..

A lot of people are making some unwarranted logical leaps in response to the post I made. My main point wasn't to critique his performance thus far nor argue whether intangibles exist or not, just to say this this article was a complete puff piece, like we used to get with Chad, and that I'd rather be reading article about how he's bringing it to the defense and how he looks like a much better player on the field, rather then a much better leader in the huddle and off of it..

Yes... But for the most part we all agree with that. Wouldnt be much fun to argue. Yeah it was fluffy, but its still good to see the 2nd year QB starting to take control and accountability of this offense.

I'd rather the model not throw picks and say all the wrong things rather than say all the right things and throw picks.

As I have said elsewhere, training camp reports are always a double edge sword.....

Either the

the good news is your cornerbacks got a bunch of ints and the bad news is your QB sucks

OR

The good news is your QB completed all his passes and the bad news is your secondary sucks.

That's the problem with camp reports its the defense vs. the offense. if one unit looks good the other unit looks bad.

Other than injuries, nothing concerns me by the end of day 2 of camp. This is precisely the time for experimenting. But he does need to learn to dump it off more. Because as much as it is time for experimenting it is also the time that habits can be fostered. If he forces the ball in now when he shouldn't, instead of looking for an open checkdown receiver, he's going to do it in real games. Again.

Other than injuries, nothing concerns me by the end of day 2 of camp. This is precisely the time for experimenting. But he does need to learn to dump it off more. Because as much as it is time for experimenting it is also the time that habits can be fostered. If he forces the ball in now when he shouldn't, instead of looking for an open checkdown receiver, he's going to do it in real games. Again.

Not even our best player holding out?

...And people love playing for Rex because he has the right intangibles to be a good leader, regardless of if he plays or not. Success is not possible at the QB position without leadership. Being a good leader and a dickhead are not mutually exclusive. I guarantee you, regardless of whether or not people liked him, that before Big Ben ever won anything in the NFL. His teammates and coaches all looked at him as the leader of that offense. When he walked in the room, the guys all knew he was there and that that was his team. No successful QB ever had any success without these so called intangibles.

You don't win and then become a better leader. You win BECAUSE you ARE a good leader.

Rex is a great leader. Do you think he'd be a great QB?

A coach and A QB are not synonymous. Until you understand that, this can't really be discussed any further.

Rex is a great leader. Do you think he'd be a great QB?

A coach and A QB are not synonymous. Until you understand that, this can't really be discussed any further.

Read my posts bro, then come back to me. I never said intangibles are always more important than skill... Just that they exist and are important.

Archived