Plaxico Burress to be released from prison in 2 -3 weeks

Vudu

Plaxico Burress to be released from prison in 2-3 weeks

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 4, 2010 1:52 PM ET

Plaxico Burress is ready to go to work. Well, a work release program.

The New York Post says the former Giants wide receiver will be released from prison for good behavior in 2-3 weeks, and is expected to join a work release program.

Burress was expected to be released in the Spring of 2011 and could face additional NFL discipline following his jail sentence. We don't know the rules of the work release program, but it's hard to imagine any scenario that Burress returns to the football field in 2010.

Tom Coughlin seemed to doubt Burress would ever return to the Giants when asked this March, but G.M. Jerry Reese is open to the possibility.

Once Burress is cleared to play again, "We'll definitely investigate it," Reese said.

;-)

Hello Plax. This is Mike Tannenbaum. Congratulations on getting out. Remember I called you two years ago. Well are you still interested in that job I offered you. You are good. You can start on monday. Talk to Frank, he'll show you how to hand the towels to Edwards, Cotchery and Holmes.

There is no room for Plaxico on this roster, unless you want him to start out as the #5 WR. Hey, I'd love to have him, but I think he'll end up somewhere like St. Louis with Steve Spagnulo, for two reasons:

1. The Rams have nothing at WR

2. He knows Spags from his days with the Giants

There is no room for Plaxico on this roster, unless you want him to start out as the #5 WR. Hey, I'd love to have him, but I think he'll end up somewhere like St. Louis with Steve Spagnulo, for two reasons:

1. The Rams have nothing at WR

2. He knows Spags from his days with the Giants

Good call. Plus, the Rams are so desperate for a receiver they don't care about character flaws. The fact that they went after T.O. is evidence of that.

Report 'premature' on Burress work release

Plaxico Burress, Super Bowl hero-turned-state-inmate, filed his second application for work release roughly a month ago, but that application is still pending before authorities in Albany and won't be ruled on for another week or two according to the New York Daily News. And while Burress' attorney, Peter Frankel, said his side is "hopeful" of a positive outcome, he took issue with a published report Wednesday by saying: "To say he'll be out in two to three weeks is certainly premature."

"That was somebody going to visit him, and saying he was hopeful he might be moved in two to three weeks, and suddenly that turned into 'He'll be out in two to three weeks,'" Frankel told the Daily News Wednesday. "We're respecting the process

If we can pull strings and get Plax here it'll be awesome.

Glad he's getting out. Bloomberg did Plax dirty by throwing the book at him like that.

Huh? NYC has mandatory sentences for gun crimes. However you may feel about mandatory sentencing (I'm not a fan), all Bloomberg did was make sure that Plax didn't get any special treatment.

Plax is a good player, but he's always been a problem in practice, and this incident just solidified the fact that he's a moron. I'm all for him getting another chance - as long it's with some other team.

Glad he's getting out. Bloomberg did Plax dirty by throwing the book at him like that.

Bloomberg didn't do anything but his job. Plax being a public figure and unbelievably stupid did him in. The city had to do what they had to do.

In the real world Bloomberg didn't--and couldn't do--anything because Plax actually PLEAD GUILTY. Plax avoided a trial and the mayor has no say on what the judge could do. Regardless, Plax plead to his sentence. So how you equate that with Bloomberg playing him "dirty" boggles the mind.

Mandatory gun sentences are a bitch. Plax and his attorney were idiots. You can't avoid those; that's why they're called "mandatory."

Regardless, Plax is looking at work release and it hasn't been approved yet.

Huh? NYC has mandatory sentences for gun crimes. However you may feel about mandatory sentencing (I'm not a fan), all Bloomberg did was make sure that Plax didn't get any special treatment.

Plax is a good player, but he's always been a problem in practice, and this incident just solidified the fact that he's a moron. I'm all for him getting another chance - as long it's with some other team.

I wont get deep into it, but I could name you a few violent gun crimes where the people didnt even go to jail. He shot himself in the leg. He didnt hurt anyone else and didnt have any intention of putting someone else in danger like pointing the gun at someone.

He threw the book at Plax based on fact that the moment he spoke on the situation Plax had no chance. Also, Plax wasnt found guilty yet and Bloomberg isnt a judge so he tipped the scales away from Plax because of his role as Mayor. Thats not fair and the a situation didnt warrant the judgement. He was used as an example because of his celebrity.

Bloomberg didn't do anything but his job. Plax being a public figure and unbelievably stupid did him in. The city had to do what they had to do.

Bloomberg is a billionaire yet for some reason has gotten NY into further debt. He's doing his job poorly for the city, but great for himself. Maybe he should concentrate on that then someone's trial. Plax being a public figure doesnt give the right for bloomberg to set a precedent that should already be there if tha law is the law. Thats whey Plax plead guilty because there was no way that he would be able to defend himself after bloomberg made it his business to say what he said.

In the real world Bloomberg didn't--and couldn't do--anything because Plax actually PLEAD GUILTY. Plax avoided a trial and the mayor has no say on what the judge could do. Regardless, Plax plead to his sentence. So how you equate that with Bloomberg playing him "dirty" boggles the mind.

Mandatory gun sentences are a bitch. Plax and his attorney were idiots. You can't avoid those; that's why they're called "mandatory."

Regardless, Plax is looking at work release and it hasn't been approved yet.

Ok. Believing that this alleged real world is real should actually boggle the mind.

Bloomberg is a billionaire yet for some reason has gotten NY into further debt. He's doing his job poorly for the city, but great for himself. Maybe he should concentrate on that then someone's trial. Plax being a public figure doesnt give the right for bloomberg to set a precedent that should already be there if tha law is the law. Thats whey Plax plead guilty because there was no way that he would be able to defend himself after bloomberg made it his business to say what he said.

bring back Rudy!!!!!!

He cleaned up Dinkens mess and made NYC proud !!!!

I leave it at NYC has very strict gun laws and couldn't let a public case like this make a mockery of them. Other than that I'm not getting into politics here.

Plaxico deserved everything he got on stupidity alone.

I leave it at NYC has very strict gun laws and couldn't let a public case like this make a mockery of them. Other than that I'm not getting into politics here.

Plaxico deserved everything he got on stupidity alone.

I disagree, and since you're not getting into politics here then I guess we'll leave it at that.

Good call. Plus, the Rams are so desperate for a receiver they don't care about character flaws. The fact that they went after T.O. is evidence of that.

Forgot about that dude. Good call by yourself.

Plax to St. Louis is something I would place $ on.

Forgot about that dude. Good call by yourself.

Plax to St. Louis is something I would place $ on.

It may not be the case week 1, but yeah, it would make sense at some point early in the season. If you're going to invest a $50 million signing bonus on a # 1 pick QB (with injury concerns) in Sam Bradford, you need to give him more than Donnie Avery and Mardy Gilyard to throw to.

Archived