Miami Dolphins living on past glory

Jetfan13

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind talking a lil smack, but personal attacks aren't really my style. We're all adults here, so act like it. If you can roll w/ that cool, if not lemme know.

So you are an adult who quotes the hokey pokey song?

That's a new one! :rl:

LOL. Says the man in the Jets Forum where there are several Dolphin threads started by Jets fans. Dolphins living on past. Ryan psyched to beat Dolphins. Sean Smith wake up call. Meanwhile, there's not a whole lot of in depth news about Jets training camp on here, which is unfortunate. I dunno what the infatuation with Miami is, the Jets don't get mentioned, much less they're own thread, on a Fins forum. We don't see you.

Thats because unlike here with Max our fearless leader, phag boards don't allow fans of other teams to voice any opinion that doesn't agree with their mods..Be happy you are ALLOWED here.

Reminding, not boasting.

Who forgot that we lost the last three games to you guys? No one.

I dunno, you pick one.

I dont need to pick one. I just wanted to hear that you didnt know what part of your fins season was something to be proud of. Because in reality, it WAS a bad season. If you ask me, you guys are going to miss Penny again this year.

OK. My team is trash. And your team got swept by a team that's trash. Are we done trash talking yet?

We're on a 3 game losing streak to a team that hasnt gotten to the AFC championship since when???? Almost 20 years ago. So I dont mind the 3 game losing streak bro, thats just for individual trash talking which you and your team earned...cant take that away. But at the end of the day I'd rather lose both game to you guys every year as long as we're still able to make the playoffs and compete for a ring.

Thats because unlike here with Max our fearless leader, phag boards don't allow fans of other teams to voice any opinion that doesn't agree with their mods..Be happy you are ALLOWED here.

Dude, it's football. We're football fans. You should seriously lighten up a little. There's no need to have a pissing match over every little thing. Save that for the women. I live in MIA and half the people here are fans of other teams, so I'm used to conversing (cordially) with other teams' fans. Maybe it's different where you're from, I dunno.

Who forgot that we lost the last three games to you guys? No one.

Any Jets fan who says the Fins suck, clearly has a case of momentary amnesia.

I dont need to pick one. I just wanted to hear that you didn't know what part of your fins season was something to be proud of. Because in reality, it WAS a bad season. If you ask me, you guys are going to miss Penny again this year.

Plenty to be proud of, plenty to be embarrassed by, plenty falls somewhere in between.

It's funny you bring up Penne, b/c if he was your QB last year, you guys probably win 11-13 games. Buffalo, Jax, ATL are wins IMO, maybe even Nawlins with the way the defense played that day. Penne, IMO is a guy who can get you to the playoffs, but he doesn't have the skills to get you to the Bowl. The exception being a team with a dominant defense, which we don't have, so I'd rather sink or swim with Henne.

We're on a 3 game losing streak to a team that hasn't gotten to the AFC championship since when???? Almost 20 years ago. So I don't mind the 3 game losing streak bro, that's just for individual trash talking which you and your team earned...cant take that away. But at the end of the day I'd rather lose both game to you guys every year as long as we're still able to make the playoffs and compete for a ring.

You guys make the AFCCG and all of a sudden its the new barometer for success? That's fine. I'll take my lumps on that b/c we haven't been since 93. At the same time, if a Jets fan says we "suck", then it's only logical to ask "why haven't you beat us then?".

Dude, it's football. We're football fans. You should seriously lighten up a little. There's no need to have a pissing match over every little thing. Save that for the women. I live in MIA and half the people here are fans of other teams, so I'm used to conversing (cordially) with other teams' fans. Maybe it's different where you're from, I dunno.

just telling you how it is dude..most of us here have been banned from phag sites for not kissing their mods asses and jumping on the phag wagon...Max and the mods here are very fair to rival fans, too fair sometimes...be grateful, thats all I said.

if a Jets fan says we "suck", then it's only logical to ask "why haven't you beat us then?".

The fish do suck. They never would've beaten the Jets without the amazing exploits of Ted Ginn Jr. and his family.

And I love your haven't beaten the fish since GWB was president schtick when your team hasn't won a playoff game since Clinton was in office. :lol:

The fish do suck. They never would've beaten the Jets without the amazing exploits of Ted Ginn Jr. and his family.

And I love your haven't beaten the fish since GWB was president schtick when your team hasn't won a playoff game since Clinton was in office. :lol:

C'mon, I expect better from you Slats. It's silly to dumb a 60 minute game down into the actions of one player, and you know it.

just telling you how it is dude..most of us here have been banned from phag sites for not kissing their mods asses and jumping on the phag wagon...Max and the mods here are very fair to rival fans, too fair sometimes...be grateful, thats all I said.

I dunno anything about guys getting banned from this or that site. But there are quite a few Jets, Bills, Pats etc fans on thephins and FH and everyone has treated them well from what I've seen. There was one guy who got banned, he kept calling everyone phags in really large bold print. But other than that, it's been cool. I don't run any of the boards, so take it for what its worth, but you're welcome to come and join the discussion, talk some smack, whatever, anytime. I seriously doubt anyone's gonna give you anymore than a good natured ribbing. And it be nice to hear some different perspectives, I get tired of hearinf from Fin fans all the time, that's the main reason I come here :lol: .

Any Jets fan who says the Fins suck, clearly has a case of momentary amnesia.

Any Jets fan who says the fins suck, is clearly correct when a fin fan cant even state "specifically" what there was to be proud of.

Plenty to be proud of, plenty to be embarrassed by, plenty falls somewhere in between.

It's funny you bring up Penne, b/c if he was your QB last year, you guys probably win 11-13 games. Buffalo, Jax, ATL are wins IMO, maybe even Nawlins with the way the defense played that day. Penne, IMO is a guy who can get you to the playoffs, but he doesn't have the skills to get you to the Bowl. The exception being a team with a dominant defense, which we don't have, so I'd rather sink or swim with Henne.

Instead of finding it funny that I bought up Penny and trying to push off his productivity on us, how about staying on point? Really, 11-13 games would have been nice, but it only took 9 to go to the AFC championship game. You guys won 11 games his first year and got choked out by baltimore in the playoffs lol.

You guys make the AFCCG and all of a sudden its the new barometer for success? That's fine. I'll take my lumps on that b/c we haven't been since 93. At the same time, if a Jets fan says we "suck", then it's only logical to ask "why haven't you beat us then?".

You can use your logic and I think its a fair question. Dont get me wrong, im not being overly bias here. Im a Jet fan but the fins have laid the wood on the Jets the last 3 meetings. Truth be told, the Jets lost the first game and it was destined to happen. It was such a story teller and history is funny like that. The Monday night game it came down to the last 6 seconds....thats how close it was. The last game we f'ed that up because you guys were getting your asses handed to you, which goes to show that when you have a lapse in concentration (fumbles, missed tackles during kickoffs) you tend to get what you deserve. Also, given that its a rivalry game we tend to get the best out of one another so any hick-ups in concentration will most likely be the deciding factor. You guys won, and we lost to a team that overall are trash. Thats just what it is. If it isnt then PLEASE.....tell me what was a proud moment last year. You guys are better this year, you guys sucked last year, and a 7-9 record agrees with me. Jets ended their season 11-8.

Dude, it's football. We're football fans. You should seriously lighten up a little. There's no need to have a pissing match over every little thing. Save that for the women. I live in MIA and half the people here are fans of the JETS, so I'm used to conversing (cordially) with other teams' fans. Maybe it's different where you're from, I dunno.

Fixed that for ya!! :bwahaharoll:

Any Jets fan who says the fins suck, is clearly correct when a fin fan cant even state "specifically" what there was to be proud of.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but listing things the Fins should be proud of isn't going to change anyone's opinion on our season, your opinion especially. You made your point, let it goooo.

Instead of finding it funny that I bought up Penny and trying to push off his productivity on us, how about staying on point? Really, 11-13 games would have been nice, but it only took 9 to go to the AFC championship game. You guys won 11 games his first year and got choked out by baltimore in the playoffs lol.

Baltimore was a better team. And they matched up very well vs us. The center of our line (Satele especially) couldn't get any movement, our WRs couldn't get any separation. Penne was rattled by the pressure and started throwing picks, 4 IIRC. Truthfully, that was the worst 11-5 team I can remember. We got in the playoffs by barely beating the Rams, 49ers, Raiders, Chiefs, Seahawks, Bills (x2), and the season finale vs you know who. Perhaps the casual fan was excited, but hard core/knowledgeable fans knew we weren't a good team all along. It was a soft schedule, good health, and an all time great turnover margin, none of which can be relied upon on a year to year basis. IMO, last year's team was a lot better, but injuries, a tougher schedule, and turnovers can make any team a 7-9 also ran.

You can use your logic and I think its a fair question. Dont get me wrong, im not being overly bias here. Im a Jet fan but the fins have laid the wood on the Jets the last 3 meetings. Truth be told, the Jets lost the first game and it was destined to happen. It was such a story teller and history is funny like that. The Monday night game it came down to the last 6 seconds....thats how close it was. The last game we f'ed that up because you guys were getting your asses handed to you, which goes to show that when you have a lapse in concentration (fumbles, missed tackles during kickoffs) you tend to get what you deserve. Also, given that its a rivalry game we tend to get the best out of one another so any hick-ups in concentration will most likely be the deciding factor. You guys won, and we lost to a team that overall are trash. That's just what it is. If it isnt then PLEASE.....tell me what was a proud moment last year. You guys are better this year, you guys sucked last year, and a 7-9 record agrees with me. Jets ended their season 11-8.

Its all a matter of perspective. You say the MNF game was close, I say it was close b/c Cam Wake cant tackle a punter and Porter cant tackle Brad Smith. That's two fake punts which led to 10 points. Add in a bogus P.I. call for another 7 points, and yeah, close game. Coulda went either way. Bottom line is, your #1 defense couldn't hold a lead on three different occasions in the 4th qtr. They couldn't stop the wildcat, couldn't sack Henne, couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. But whatever, it was one game, sheit happens, game coulda went either way.

2nd game, another matter of perspective. Jets fans say the Jets were kicking our a$$ all game and Ginn saved us with his KO returns, which is revisionist history. The game was 3-3 at half time. It was 6-3 NY before the 1st KO return, and 17-13 Miami before the second. At no point in the game was NY kicking anyone's a$$. Then I hear 2 KOR TDs is a fluke, which is also wrong. A fumbled snap is a fluke. A ball bouncing off of Steve Smith's foot into the arms of Revis for a INT & TD is a fluke. A KR TD is a result of bad KO coverage, bad tackling, great blocking, a great return, or a combination of the four. Nothing fluky about any of that. The only fluke in that game was when Bess fumbled on our last TD drive but the side judge blew the play dead. Shoulda been Jets ball, but bad calls are a part of the game as well. Again, the game could've went either way.

In any case, come Week 3, all of this will be irrelevant. We'll beat you guys again, and then you can come up with some new excuses. I'm tired of the "Ginn saved you" gripes and I'm sure you are as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but listing things the Fins should be proud of isn't going to change anyone's opinion on our season, your opinion especially. You made your point, let it goooo.

Im going to correct you. The point wasnt to change my opinion. My point was to see if you had anything proud to say about your team last season. I'll let it go when you tell me what you're actually proud of or tell me that there's nothing to be proud of. Instead of you telling me to let it go, why dont you "lighten up"? Im just messing with you (Insert smiley face ;-))

Baltimore was a better team. And they matched up very well vs us. The center of our line (Satele especially) couldn't get any movement, our WRs couldn't get any separation. Penne was rattled by the pressure and started throwing picks, 4 IIRC. Truthfully, that was the worst 11-5 team I can remember. We got in the playoffs by barely beating the Rams, 49ers, Raiders, Chiefs, Seahawks, Bills (x2), and the season finale vs you know who. Perhaps the casual fan was excited, but hard core/knowledgeable fans knew we weren't a good team all along. It was a soft schedule, good health, and an all time great turnover margin, none of which can be relied upon on a year to year basis. IMO, last year's team was a lot better, but injuries, a tougher schedule, and turnovers can make any team a 7-9 also ran.

Well im glad that you can honestly say that both fin teams sucked lmao. (im messing with you, dont catch feelings :-))

Its all a matter of perspective. You say the MNF game was close, I say it was close b/c Cam Wake cant tackle a punter and Porter cant tackle Brad Smith. That's two fake punts which led to 10 points. Add in a bogus P.I. call for another 7 points, and yeah, close game. Coulda went either way. Bottom line is, your #1 defense couldn't hold a lead on three different occasions in the 4th qtr. They couldn't stop the wildcat, couldn't sack Henne, couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. But whatever, it was one game, sheit happens, game coulda went either way.

I'll let you have that. As long as you know that we returned the favor in that second game because that wildcat looked more like the domestic kitty. If more players than just Jay Feely showing up for work on special teams that game would have been a blowout.

2nd game, another matter of perspective. Jets fans say the Jets were kicking our a$$ all game and Ginn saved us with his KO returns, which is revisionist history. The game was 3-3 at half time. It was 6-3 NY before the 1st KO return, and 17-13 Miami before the second. At no point in the game was NY kicking anyone's a$$. Then I hear 2 KOR TDs is a fluke, which is also wrong. A fumbled snap is a fluke. A ball bouncing off of Steve Smith's foot into the arms of Revis for a INT & TD is a fluke. A KR TD is a result of bad KO coverage, bad tackling, great blocking, a great return, or a combination of the four. Nothing fluky about any of that. The only fluke in that game was when Bess fumbled on our last TD drive but the side judge blew the play dead. Shoulda been Jets ball, but bad calls are a part of the game as well. Again, the game could've went either way.

Stats dont lie. At the end of the day, we did what we did on offense and your offense could barely score during that game. Better yet, did they even score a TD? Not sure.

In any case, come Week 3, all of this will be irrelevant. We'll beat you guys again, and then you can come up with some new excuses. I'm tired of the "Ginn saved you" gripes and I'm sure you are as well.

Excuses? No excuses here buddy. AGAIN, you guys bought the wood (you see that???). I will say this though, even if you beat us twice....(which I HIGHLY doubt) if we make it to the playoffs and have the opportunity for a superbowl then why would I ever care? You guys aint going anywhere.

Excuses? No excuses here buddy. AGAIN, you guys bought the wood (you see that???). I will say this though, even if you beat us twice....(which I HIGHLY doubt) if we make it to the playoffs and have the opportunity for a superbowl then why would I ever care? You guys aint going anywhere.

If we beat you guys twice, you won't make the playoffs. Don't act like you can do what the Jets did last season. Generally going 2-4 in Division play = no postseason.

Im going to correct you. The point wasnt to change my opinion. My point was to see if you had anything proud to say about your team last season. I'll let it go when you tell me what you're actually proud of or tell me that there's nothing to be proud of. Instead of you telling me to let it go, why dont you "lighten up"? Im just messing with you (Insert smiley face ;-))

Lots to be proud of. For example, of the 12 teams who made the PO last year, they're QB's missed 6 games, TOTAL. Our QB missed 13 and a half games, and his backup had never started a game in his life. We lost our #1 RB, #3 RB, #1 TE, #1LG, #1C, #1 NT, #1 ILB, #1 CB, plus Porter and Taylor were dinged for much of the year. There's not a team in the league who could survive that. Colts, Saints, Vikes, Jets, nobody. And lets not forget, our team was never that talented to begin with. Not making excuses, but I'm proud of how the team continued to play hard, no one blew us out, we fought, and we fought, we just weren't good enough.

Well im glad that you can honestly say that both fin teams sucked lmao. (im messing with you, dont catch feelings :-))

Lucky for you I brought my sense of humor today :lol:.

I'll let you have that. As long as you know that we returned the favor in that second game because that wildcat looked more like the domestic kitty. If more players than just Jay Feely showing up for work on special teams that game would have been a blowout.

Nah, I have a sudden case of amnesia lol. Greg Williams let the cat out of the bag so to speak in the Nawlins game and Ryan & co shut it down also, gotta give credit there. The problem for us was that we couldn't make a friggin first down. The Jets D is good in general, but damn near impossible if you cant at least get them a little tired, especially with a bee bee gun offense like ours. I think we had like 104 yds of offense in that game. Defense and ST saved us.

Stats dont lie. At the end of the day, we did what we did on offense and your offense could barely score during that game. Better yet, did they even score a TD? Not sure.

We had one offensive TD drive, the one that shouldn't have counted b/c Bess fumbled. I almost broke my TV too b/c we had a 17-6 lead and were about to get the ball back and that dufus muffs a punt on a friggin fair catch. Ugh, where is my blood pressure medicine...

I won't even pretend to know what's going to happen man. IMO the Jets/Pats/Fins are all just about evenly matched. It'll come down to who wins the close games and who stays healthy. I actually think the Jets/Fins have a better chance at the division/wild card because the Pats schedule is ridiculous. AFC North, NFC North, AFC East, plus Indy and San Diego. That's cruel and unusual punishment.

Lots to be proud of. For example, of the 12 teams who made the PO last year, they're QB's missed 6 games, TOTAL. Our QB missed 13 and a half games, and his backup had never started a game in his life. We lost our #1 RB, #3 RB, #1 TE, #1LG, #1C, #1 NT, #1 ILB, #1 CB, plus Porter and Taylor were dinged for much of the year. There's not a team in the league who could survive that. Colts, Saints, Vikes, Jets, nobody. And lets not forget, our team was never that talented to begin with. Not making excuses, but I'm proud of how the team continued to play hard, no one blew us out, we fought, and we fought, we just weren't good enough.

Lucky for you I brought my sense of humor today :lol:.

Nah, I have a sudden case of amnesia lol. Greg Williams let the cat out of the bag so to speak in the Nawlins game and Ryan & co shut it down also, gotta give credit there. The problem for us was that we couldn't make a friggin first down. The Jets D is good in general, but damn near impossible if you cant at least get them a little tired, especially with a bee bee gun offense like ours. I think we had like 104 yds of offense in that game. Defense and ST saved us.

We had one offensive TD drive, the one that shouldn't have counted b/c Bess fumbled. I almost broke my TV too b/c we had a 17-6 lead and were about to get the ball back and that dufus muffs a punt on a friggin fair catch. Ugh, where is my blood pressure medicine...

I won't even pretend to know what's going to happen man. IMO the Jets/Pats/Fins are all just about evenly matched. It'll come down to who wins the close games and who stays healthy. I actually think the Jets/Fins have a better chance at the division/wild card because the Pats schedule is ridiculous. AFC North, NFC North, AFC East, plus Indy and San Diego. That's cruel and unusual punishment.

Glad you have your sense of humor today sir. You need to have it everyday being a fins fan on a Jets site anyway lol.

With that being said, your fins suck and we're going to sweep you guys this season :-)

Glad you have your sense of humor today sir. You need to have it everyday being a fins fan on a Jets site anyway lol.

With that being said, your fins suck and we're going to sweep you guys this season :-)

LOL, I see you brought your sense of humor as well. Not a chance, you guys might win in NY for a split. Might.

Actually the song is "If your Happy and you Know it clap your hands" the "Hokey Pokey" is a totally different song.

Thats what it's all about.

Yes I know, I was mocking him.

I guess his mommy did not teach that one to him yet, as he failed to catch it.

Good job! :thumbup:

I didn't read the entire thread but I will say Dolphins fans are still living in the early '70's. The funny thing is the Dolphins haven't won anything since then and most of their "fans" have never set foot in Florida.

Miami is next to Atlanta as the worst pro sports town in America.

I didn't read the entire thread but I will say Dolphins fans are still living in the early '70's. The funny thing is the Dolphins haven't won anything since then and most of their "fans" have never set foot in Florida.

Miami is next to Atlanta as the worst pro sports town in America.

Its funny that you should say this. No I don't mean funny ha ha I mean more like funny ironic. You see up until 2001 or so you couldn't find a patriot's fan to save you life. They simply didn't exist. Oh I'm sure there must have been a couple here and there but actually finding one that would admit to it would never happen.

So it seems Patriots fan's are the polar opposites of Dolphin/Jets fans. While we may live in the past and cherish our glory days Patriots fans are nothing more than bandwagon hopping fair weather fans. I fully expect to see a mass exodus of so called Patriots fans as both the Dolphins and the Jets battle it out for the AFC east tittle.

Funny....

Since the last time the Jets appeared in the Superbowl.....

Giants have won the superbowl 3 times

Yankees have won the world series 7 times

Mets have won the world series twice

Knicks have won the championship twice

Rangers have won the stanley cup

Islanders have won the Stanley cup 4 times

LOL ahole

thats funny tho!

Archived