Jets/Revis Reps clear the air. Keep Contract Talks Confidential

villain_the_foe

Jets, Revis’ Reps Clear the Air, Will Keep Contract Talks Confidential

By Eric Allen

Posted 1 hour ago

The Jets and Darrelle Revis’ representatives, Neil Schwartz and Jonathan Feinsod, released the following statement on Thursday:

"Both parties have had conversations to clear the air and will continue to negotiate with the hopes of reaching an agreement. From this point forward, all discussions regarding these negotiations will remain confidential."

Im going to make a prediction. Revis will be signed within the next two weeks, and I think it has more to do with Ryan than anything.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it has more to do with Ryan than anything.

That and the fact that they made MEvi$ look bad in the majority of the public's eyes.

Not suprised one bit that the agents want to keep it hush hush after that beating.

That and the fact that they made MEvi$ look bad in the majority of the public's eyes.

Not suprised one bit that the agents want to keep it hush hush after that beating.

I dont think that the Jets have made Revis look bad, I think they've done more damage to themselves than anything. Revis literally hasnt said a word, but the Jets keep going off with it. He's letting his "body of work" as well as other players and NFL personalities from all around the NFL do the talking. Revis is going to get his money. He's going to get an 8 to 10 year contract of about 11-12 million a year and about 40-50 percent of it guaranteed. Revis is playing this rather nicely I must say. The moment a player opens his mouth he kills his chances. Like it or not, Revis is a business man. And its hard to make him look bad when the head coach on your football team is ready to kiss him on the lips when he comes back...just sayin'.

Yeah, the club-toting anti-Revis brigade really beat him into submission with countless internet posts that centered around coyly changing the spelling of his name to "MEvi$."

TAKE THAT, MEVI$!

Yeah, the club-toting anti-Revis brigade really beat him into submission with countless internet posts that centered around coyly changing the spelling of his name to "MEvi$."

TAKE THAT, MEVI$!

Dude wake up and listen to people getting paid to talk about this.

It's overwhelming, which is why you've chose to tune it out. :blink:

I dont think that the Jets have made Revis look bad, I think they've done more damage to themselves than anything. Revis literally hasnt said a word, but the Jets keep going off with it. He's letting his "body of work" as well as other players and NFL personalities from all around the NFL do the talking. Revis is going to get his money. He's going to get an 8 to 10 year contract of about 11-12 million a year and about 40-50 percent of it guaranteed. Revis is playing this rather nicely I must say. The moment a player opens his mouth he kills his chances. Like it or not, Revis is a business man. And its hard to make him look bad when the head coach on your football team is ready to kiss him on the lips when he comes back...just sayin'.

Funny you say that and ignore the fact that the Jets already offered $12 Mill per for 10 years, and that was rejected before they could even discuss guaranteed money.

The talks are more about $16 million for 10 years right now, and anybody I hear who is getting paid to talk about this, thinks that's ridiculous!

Sorry to rain on your parade villain, but there are people out there that thinks that made him look bad.

Maybe not in August but consider:

1) Revis said in June he would take $1 more than Aso's contract.

2) He feigned an injury (some real bush league Brandon Marshall type crap) during minicamp.

3) When D'Brickshaw Ferguson signed his contract, PFT with their usual crap made it seem like it was a 1 year-$5 million dollar deal with a lot of fluff. Revis's "business manager" tweeted what a crappy deal he signed (all but calling Ferguson and his agent stupid for signing it).

Those are just things off the top of my head. So while he may not have said anything in August, he and his team chirped plenty beforehand.

2) He feigned an injury (some real bush league Brandon Marshall type crap) during minicamp.

3) When D'Brickshaw Ferguson signed his contract, PFT with their usual crap made it seem like it was a 1 year-$5 million dollar deal with a lot of fluff. Revis's "business manager" tweeted what a crappy deal he signed (all but calling Ferguson and his agent stupid for signing it).

Those are just things off the top of my head. So while he may not have said anything in August, he and his team chirped plenty beforehand.

Please they act like this stuff never even happened! It's like MSNBCJN. :lol:

Funny you say that and ignore the fact that the Jets already offered $12 Mill per for 10 years, and that was rejected before they could even discuss guaranteed money.

The talks are more about $16 million for 10 years right now, and anybody I hear who is getting paid to talk about this, thinks that's ridiculous!

Sorry to rain on your parade villain, but there are people out there that thinks that made him look bad.

I didnt ignore anything. Everyone and their momma knows that Revis declined that deal because there was no guaranteed money. This is EXACTLY why I stated that he will be getting 40-50% of his deal guaranteed. Maybe you ignored that part.

Ferguson didnt sign a deal with 40-50% of the money guaranteed from day 1. If the Jets can agree to 12 million TODAY with that percentage guaranteed, Revis will be in PM practice today.

I didnt ignore anything. Everyone and their momma knows that Revis declined that deal because there was no guaranteed money. This is EXACTLY why I stated that he will be getting 40-50% of his deal guaranteed. Maybe you ignored that part.

No maybe you ignored the fact that they rejected the deal before guaranteed money could even be discussed!

I guess you would like them to agree to guaranteed money first right?

Great so then he can get a commitment for $40-$50 guaranteed and comeback with now I want a 3-4 year deal. :blink:

No maybe you ignored the fact that they rejected the deal before guaranteed money could even be discussed!

I guess you would like them to agree to guaranteed money first right?

Great so then he can get a commitment for $40-$50 guaranteed and comeback with now I want a 3-4 year deal. :blink:

Maybe you're reaching. They've been talking for 6 months Brooklyn. You mean to tell me that during the meetings and telephone convos Tanny wasnt able to slip that info in?

The Jets offered a bullshyte contract...period.

Stop it.

1.) is true. He's been quiet in public for quite a while on that one.

2.) is the worst thing he's done on or off the field since he's been a Jet. Not his proudest moment, but not quite getting your buddy killed outside a nightclub.

3.) Brick's deal is $1.6M and a lot of fluff, they're right not to sign a contract with that kind of structure.

Maybe you're reaching. They've been talking for 6 months Brooklyn. You mean to tell me that during the meetings and telephone convos Tanny wasnt able to slip that info in?

The Jets offered a bullshyte contract...period.

Stop it.

Man you can't even be objective anymore villain and that's sad.

$12 mill per for 10 years is not a BS contract, and Tanny clearly stated that once they could agree on a total compensation, guaranteed money would be hashed out.

MEvi$ want's more like $160 million total compensation before he'll talk guaranteed money, and he's not going to get it!

Ferguson didnt sign a deal with 40-50% of the money guaranteed from day 1. If the Jets can agree to 12 million TODAY with that percentage guaranteed, Revis will be in PM practice today.

That's not the point. You said Revis has kept silent, but he clearly hasn't. Maybe recently, but he and his team went out of their way to make the Jets seem cheap or cash strapped before August. The reason for the Jets verbal response is because all of the papers blindly kept saying "Pay Revis" without realizing what exactly the agents are asking for.

The second thing is about guaranteed money. Keep in mind that because of the allocation rules, the Jets can do one of two three things:

1) Give guarantees against skill (but not injury)

2) Give guarantees against injury (but not skill)

3) Put the guarantees in a large signing bonus

If indeed Revis's team is telling the truth (and frankly after the Pete Kendall/Chris Baker situation as well as the handling of clients throughout the NFL, I find that hard to believe) that its all about guarantees (and not about total compensation like the Jets claim), then the deal you proposed could work, but option 3 is the only thing that can by NFL rules satisfy his demands (since head entourage member John Geiger pointed and laughed at Brick, who chose option 1).

However, one of the rhetorics from the Pay Revis crowd is that he's only making $1 million for a salary this year. This argument completely ignores the signing bonus he got as a rookie as well as the high salaries he had in 2008 and 2009. And that is important because whose to say the Scwhartz/Feinsod team won't pull this crap again in 2013 when the argument becomes "Revis only has a $3 million salary". Will the 50% signing bonus be ignored then?

Look I want Revis to get paid too, but I've started to turn more and more against him the last few days because I don't believe his agents are negotiating in good faith (rather they are making unreasonable or impossible demands). And unless Revis gets rid of those two amateur douchebags, I fear that even if a deal gets done, we'll be back at the same place a few years down the road. When is enough?

Jets, Revis’ Reps Clear the Air, Will Keep Contract Talks Confidential

By Eric Allen

Posted 1 hour ago

The Jets and Darrelle Revis’ representatives, Neil Schwartz and Jonathan Feinsod, released the following statement on Thursday:

"Both parties have had conversations to clear the air and will continue to negotiate with the hopes of reaching an agreement. From this point forward, all discussions regarding these negotiations will remain confidential."

Im going to make a prediction. Revis will be signed within the next two weeks, and I think it has more to do with Ryan than anything.

My take is that this means one side has just agreed to give in...But since they don't want to look bad in the public eye for doing so, want to keep everything quiet. The fact that they decide to keep things quiet now means something changed over the last 48 hours and the two sides are getting closer to an agreement.

1.) is true. He's been quiet in public for quite a while on that one.

2.) is the worst thing he's done on or off the field since he's been a Jet. Not his proudest moment, but not quite getting your buddy killed outside a nightclub.

3.) Brick's deal is $1.6M and a lot of fluff, they're right not to sign a contract with that kind of structure.

1) And maybe he's been quiet because he knows how bad it makes him look.

2) Never compared it to getting your buddy killed, so don't twist my words. It compares to when he half a**ed it during practice last year.

3) Where do I start with this one. Firstly, isn't there an unwritten rule about not getting involved with a fellow player's business. Didn't Revis, via his entourage leader, break this rule. Secondly, if you truly believe its "fluff" then you believe that he'll likely get cut after this year. If the answer is no you didn't then IT IS NOT FLUFF. He gets by this one year without suffering a catastrophic injury, and he's golden. Its a rough game, but you're making it seem like he's carrying a live grenade. Thirdly, by NFL rules, the only fully guaranteed money he can sign is via signing bonus. If you don't know why that's a bad deal considering his agents and considering the history they've shown with Revis and countless others, I really don't know what to tell you.

Ever heard the expression..."actions speak louder than words"?

And plus, Mevi$ has said plenty...he's been quiet lately, but he said enough during OTA's to make him look like the total douche he is.

1) And maybe he's been quiet because he knows how bad it makes him look.

2) Never compared it to getting your buddy killed, so don't twist my words. It compares to when he half a**ed it during practice last year.

3) Where do I start with this one. Firstly, isn't there an unwritten rule about not getting involved with a fellow player's business. Didn't Revis, via his entourage leader, break this rule. Secondly, if you truly believe its "fluff" then you believe that he'll likely get cut after this year. If the answer is no you didn't then IT IS NOT FLUFF. He gets by this one year without suffering a catastrophic injury, and he's golden. Its a rough game, but you're making it seem like he's carrying a live grenade. Thirdly, by NFL rules, the only fully guaranteed money he can sign is via signing bonus. If you don't know why that's a bad deal considering his agents and considering the history they've shown with Revis and countless others, I really don't know what to tell you.

1.) meh.

2.) Comparing him to Marshall isn't remotely fair. Even at it's worst, he didn't put on a spectacle for the cameras to be aired on that night's news.

3.) Brick's contract is fluff, and he could suffer that injury and be toast. He might not get cut this year, but he could get cut in the future. But really, for a "good soldier" like D'Brick to only get $1.6M in bonus money in an uncapped year is an insult. They could've given him more upfront within the rules, and helped themselves out cap-wise at the same time. Instead they cheaped out with the player.

D'Brick is taking a risk, but Revis would be taking more of one. An OT can suffer an ACL and come back at or close to the same level. If Revis were to suffer the same injury, his ability to perform at that elite level might be compromised forever. If he suffers that injury on his current deal, he'll never see big money. People don't want to hear about how Leon's injury effects Revis, but it does. It's obviously not the identical situation, but if Revis were to experience that same compound fracture playing under his existing deal he'll be looking at what Leon is making this season.

Both sides need to get together on a contract that works, and the bonus money is going to have to come way over D'Bricks. Something in line with the average year's salary up front should do it. After that, they have to recognize the rules and accept whatever guarantees they can get.

That's not why he turned down the deal.

Get a clue. Revis from DAY ONE has said he wants Asomougha money.

Did you even see Hard Knocks last night? When Tanny talked to Schwartz on the phone, why did Tanny say that Revis will be the highest paid player except for one contract???

Why did Tanny say in the car: "This player wants to be the highest paid player." ???

If the main issue is guaranteed money Team Revis should have NEVER brought up Asomougha Money because that is wholly irrelevant to guaranteed money.

Archived