Bring On The NHL

The Gun Of Bavaria

Lets go Islanders

Word.

I love watching the Islanders, even when they suck(always). Don't have nearly as much vested in them as I do the Jets. Starting following them closer like I used to last season, should be fun to see all the kids grow together. That is if;

1. Team doesn't move outside of the land mass of Long Island.

2. The Wilpons don't get their hands on them.

3. Wang doesn't blow the team up and start trading important pieces for a potential playoff run.

Also, would be absolutely ecstatic if Mark Cuban bought them. I'm actually gonna tweet him about it.

It's the most exciting spectator sport in America, better than baseball and much better than football. Nonstop action when the clock is moving. Hitting, passing, scoring....doesn't get any better.

You can't be serious. The NHL can't eclipse even Nascar in television viewers, much less sports like the NFL, the MLB. the NBA, NCAA football, NCAA hoops ...the list just goes on and on.

Hitting? Sure. Most shots I've seen there are right out of pro wrestling. The drop your gloves and throw down on ice is the best thing white guys who think they're bad have ever seen.

Passing? Well if someone tossed me a urinal cake painted black, I'd pass it right back to them.

Scoring? You're really going out on a limb here. Hockey is notoriously low scoring, running neck and neck with soccer for the king of the snooze fest.

Get a grip.

You can't be serious. The NHL can't eclipse even Nascar in television viewers, much less sports like the NFL, the MLB. the NBA, NCAA football, NCAA hoops ...the list just goes on and on.

I agree most of Americans are morons.

It's the most exciting spectator sport in America, better than baseball and much better than football. Nonstop action when the clock is moving. Hitting, passing, scoring....doesn't get any better.

Nice post G.O.B I kind of agree with you, but I will admitt that Gary Bettman's NHL is coming back to earth for me.

I miss old time hockey, that and the fact that the Rangers have been a disaster for the most part since 1996, makes it hard for to me put it that much above or even tied with football.

I guess Dolan and Sather have allot to do with that too. :(

• 1 month later...

Expect the Rangers(Henrik Lundqvist really) will do just enough to keep it interesting before failing to qualify for the playoffs again.

Bettman is really making a mess.

Phoenix should move back to Canada.

Atlanta and Nashville are pointless.

And he's done nothing to help the Isles. Does this idiot think moving them to KC would be better?

For all the crap about "cost certainty" and the lockout/strike, there are still a slew of franchises that make no sense, and anyone who followed the NHL knew that-the 3 above. Further as soon as the institute a cap, the owners set about to circument it. Docking the Devs, a model franchise(if only Dolan figured out a way to get Lamoirello hre, but he's a dick) over Kovlachuk's contract is an embarrassment.

Expect the Rangers(Henrik Lundqvist really) will do just enough to keep it interesting before failing to qualify for the playoffs again.

Bettman is really making a mess.

Phoenix should move back to Canada.

Atlanta and Nashville are pointless.

And he's done nothing to help the Isles. Does this idiot think moving them to KC would be better?

For all the crap about "cost certainty" and the lockout/strike, there are still a slew of franchises that make no sense, and anyone who followed the NHL knew that-the 3 above. Further as soon as the institute a cap, the owners set about to circument it. Docking the Devs, a model franchise(if only Dolan figured out a way to get Lamoirello hre, but he's a dick) over Kovlachuk's contract is an embarrassment.

Bettman is an idiot, I can't stand how he's ruining hockey. Get rid of these struggling teams, the league would be so much better if it had like 24 teams.

The lockout was a total waste, nothing he said would come from it, has come!

What's also not helping the Islanders is losing Mark Streit for about 6 months and now Kyle Okposo is also out with an injured shoulder.

Tough way to start the season.

Archived