Drew Coleman

Obrien2Toon

"where was the safety?"

pettine during hard knocks on the cruz TD

to answer your question, DB's are really hard to find, and no need to cut him until you have to

fwiw, I think he makes it past one cut, but not the last cut

Because your 5th or 6th corner is generally not very good, and Coleman at the very least brings experience and knowledge of the system.

Well said.

But more importantly, that's one hell of a sig man. I cannot wait till October to see Felton and Amare run that pick and roll with Buke and Gallo waiting on the wings. It'll be nice to have the chance to finish the season above .500 for the first time in about a decade.

FWIW, he has looked terrible in the limited time I have seen him this year. Even on Hard Knocks in the Santonio Holmes piece he was getting lit up badly while Wilson mirrored Holmes near perfectly. He may be behind Cole at this point. I think they like having a little quick guy for matching up. Coleman has looked better in the slot that many of the other better CBs (Strickland, Lowery) against certain players, but he doesn't seem capable at this point and Wilson should fit better in the slot.

Because he's the best CB on this team not named Cromartie, Wilson or Revis.

Oh, and he's not holding out. :D

I thought you were a Lowery fan. Was that all sarcastic?

I thought you were a Lowery fan. Was that all sarcastic?

Na, not sarcastic. Yes, I do like Lowery because I think that if he brings it together with his raw talent he could be a beast in the league. I just think that he would be better at safety and I dont think that he's the 4th best CB we have at the moment.

I like him, but im not blind. lol.

Na, not sarcastic. Yes, I do like Lowery because I think that if he brings it together with his raw talent he could be a beast in the league. I just think that he would be better at safety and I dont think that he's the 4th best CB we have at the moment.

I like him, but im not blind. lol.

Fair enough. Lowery may be better off at safety or more likely in a Cover 2, but I still think he's better than Coleman. I think Lowery is not suited to the slot, but otherwise I like him much better than Coleman.

Fair enough. Lowery may be better off at safety or more likely in a Cover 2, but I still think he's better than Coleman. I think Lowery is not suited to the slot, but otherwise I like him much better than Coleman.

I may be the only person to actually rep Lowery on this site, but even I dont think that he can be consistent enough at CB. I think that the play has to be in front of him. If he can watch the play develop I think Lowery is good enough to keep himself in good position. Two very good qualities about him is that he's a sure tackler. Once he gets his hands on your he rarely misses a tackle. Second, he IMO has the best hands of our defense. He can catch a football.

If you were to tell me Lowery's skills without telling me the person, and ask me to guess his position I'd say he's a safety.

Well said.

But more importantly, that's one hell of a sig man. I cannot wait till October to see Felton and Amare run that pick and roll with Buke and Gallo waiting on the wings. It'll be nice to have the chance to finish the season above .500 for the first time in about a decade.

Don't count Gallo in as a lock for the roster just yet, and that, insanely enough, would be a very good thing.

Archived