59 members have voted

1. 1. What happens with Joe McKnight?

• He makes the final roster
    • He's cut and picked up by another team
    • He's cut and added to the practice squad
    • He's cut and out of the NFL
    • He's mysteriously placed on the IR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpimUJjX1W8

This run in the Giants game just screams bitchass runner. Cut that sh*t inside Joe....looking for the sideline like another USC back.

He should have run inside obviously and followed Holmes block, but it's not like he ran to the sideline so he wouldn't get hit. I'm assuming you did see him lower his shoulder and take the hit head on instead of tiptoeing out of bounds at the end of the run??

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He should have run inside obviously and followed Holmes block, but it's not like he ran to the sideline so he wouldn't get hit. I'm assuming you did see him lower his shoulder and take the hit head on instead of tiptoeing out of bounds at the end of the run??

Anyone can lower the head. That doesnt make for a strong runner. The pussyfooting when he gets the handoff on every play is what screams bust.Santonio even had his arms up in the air "wtf is this pussy doing"

Anyone can lower the head. That doesnt make for a strong runner. The pussyfooting when he gets the handoff on every play is what screams bust.Santonio even had his arms up in the air "wtf is this pussy doing"

As opposed to throwing his arms up in the air because he completely whiffed on the block? He didn't even touch the guy. It's nice for a back to set up the block, but no matter where McKnight ran, Holmes should have had a hat on the guy.

I'm not denying the bust potential at all. I'm just saying he ran it to the outside because he's an idiot that obviously doesn't follow blocks well, not because he's a pussy. A pussy would have just stepped out of bounds, he looked to take on the contact and get the extra yard or two. He tiptoes at the line because he hasn't got a clue how to follow the block and spot the running lane. He's not a pussy, he's dumb as rocks.

Washington was a fan favorite...I think this was a "hey Jets fans we replaced him, See!" pick.

Sort of like when your dog dies young and you tell your 7 year old daughter you got an even better one. You aint fooling anyone.

Word. I remember the fanfare when he signed with USC and was made the heir apparent to Reggie Bush, then went on to do relatively little considering the hype. I think it's just a classic case of a guy with a ton of skills but zero instincts.

As opposed to throwing his arms up in the air because he completely whiffed on the block? He didn't even touch the guy. It's nice for a back to set up the block, but no matter where McKnight ran, Holmes should have had a hat on the guy.

Wrong. Holmes threw a chip block to push that guy outside and then looked upfield to block the next guy. Holmes job was not to engage and never let go of the guy. Had McKnight taken the inside lane, the guy Holmes pushed aside was out of the play and Holmes would have been on to the next guy. That would have been a huge run. That's why Holmes threw his hands up.

Wrong. Holmes threw a chip block to push that guy outside and then looked upfield to block the next guy. Holmes job was not to engage and never let go of the guy. Had McKnight taken the inside lane, the guy Holmes pushed aside was out of the play and Holmes would have been on to the next guy. That would have been a huge run. That's why Holmes threw his hands up.

We think that. We don't kow it. Holmes may have thrown a chip block, but he hit air. That may be because McKnight went outside, but I doubt there is a plan in place that 10 yards upfield McKnight is supposed to go inside and he went outside. In fact, I'm pretty much sure of it. Holmes is probably tasked with the block and chose to push outside, while McKnight chose to go outside. If either of them made a different choice the play goes for way more.

We think that. We don't kow it. Holmes may have thrown a chip block, but he hit air. That may be because McKnight went outside, but I doubt there is a plan in place that 10 yards upfield McKnight is supposed to go inside and he went outside. In fact, I'm pretty much sure of it. Holmes is probably tasked with the block and chose to push outside, while McKnight chose to go outside. If either of them made a different choice the play goes for way more.

Holmes clearly made a move to the inside to block the guy towards the outside. It's the RB's job to read that block and react properly. 95% of NFL caliber RB's turn inside of that block. McKnight effed that up, period.

Word. I remember the fanfare when he signed with USC and was made the heir apparent to Reggie Bush, then went on to do relatively little considering the hype. I think it's just a classic case of a guy with a ton of skills but zero instincts.

I think it's more of a case who has been handed everything in life because he is good at football. Now he is struggling for the first time and doesn't know how to handle it.

He'll get it or he won't but until reality sets in he will struggle

Holmes clearly made a move to the inside to block the guy towards the outside. It's the RB's job to read that block and react properly. 95% of NFL caliber RB's turn inside of that block. McKnight effed that up, period.

I don't agree about Holmes. IMO he whiffed. He ran up, failed to engage, let the DB pick where he wantedto go and then lunged and whiffd. Agreed on McKight. If I micro-analyze it, the problem I see is that McKnight started running his angle too far outside too soon. In my perfect world he should have run to the back of Holmes. That would have allowed Holmes to make the block and then he could cut either way. Instead he angled towards Holmes outside shoulder, the DB jumped outside and Holmes lunged and whiffed.

This was a good run. Far from perfect. We can ogle every frame all we want, but if we did that with Thomas Jones runs I'd have fingers worn to nubs and a heart attack and he had a great year.

I don't agree about Holmes. IMO he whiffed. He ran up, failed to engage, let the DB pick where he wantedto go and then lunged and whiffd. Agreed on McKight. If I micro-analyze it, the problem I see is that McKnight started running his angle too far outside too soon. In my perfect world he should have run to the back of Holmes. That would have allowed Holmes to make the block and then he could cut either way. Instead he angled towards Holmes outside shoulder, the DB jumped outside and Holmes lunged and whiffed.

This was a good run. Far from perfect. We can ogle every frame all we want, but if we did that with Thomas Jones runs I'd have fingers worn to nubs and a heart attack and he had a great year.

You must ask yourself ...What would Earl have done ? :D

HA

Archived