Is it wrong for a JETS fan to buy this shirt?

JOJOTOWNSELL

Yes it is wrong, and more importantly, why would a Jets fan even pose this question.

Because i think its an interesting t shirt.....Lets put it this way, if the NEW stadium had sold the naming rights and it was called "Wachovia Field," would anyone have a problem with the shirt then?? What if the shirt then said, "Im still calling it the Meadowlands?" FLAME AWAY!

Because i think its an interesting t shirt.....Lets put it this way, if the NEW stadium had sold the naming rights and it was called "Wachovia Field," would anyone have a problem with the shirt then?? What if the shirt then said, "Im still calling it the Meadowlands?" FLAME AWAY!

JoJo

I am not the type of poster that blasts other posters, and if you thought that is what I was doing with my earlier post, I apologize. But that said, the Jets had a real home field in Shea Stadium, and elected to move to follow the Giants to Jersey. This was wrong for so many reasons, most importatnly (IMO) leaving the five boroughs. Secondly, to play at a stadium named after the team they had played second banana to for many years.

I wish those idiots in Albany did not shoot down the West Side stadium, or that the Jets would have looked at other property in or around NYC for their own stadium. (Whether it is fiscally sound to build a facility that may only be used for eight games in a year is a discussion for a different forum)

While I am not happy that the Jets are sharing a stadium, at least it is not Giants stadium.

In sum, that shirt is fine for a Giants fan. However, this Jets fan would not wear a shirt like that, much less spend money on it.

Giants Stadium is most definitly ICONIC to me. I was born in the late 70's and i have an insane amount of ridiculous memories from that building. Am i supposed to surpress them because im some "basket case Jets nut" who cant bring himself to admit we played there for 25 FREAKIN YEARS!! This isnt the Yankee's playing at Shea for a year or the Giants playing at the Yale Bowl for a year while there stadiums were being built/refurbished. 25 YEARS BOYS AND GIRLS......and i dont ever plan on erasing 25 years worth of memories because I am strong enough in my Jet-fandom to never feel like a lil brother to some diaper wearing, ensure drinking, plaid blanket covered lap having, Mr Burns looking Giants fan!!

NOT the building

the name

I never once referred to it as vagina stadium in the entire history of going to games there, and I started going to jets games at shea :P

it was always the swamp or the meadowlands to me

anyway, you asked for opinions, and you got them

Archived