Jerricho Cotchery, Dez Bryant and TJ Housch

Blackout

WR is not an area of need for the Patriots, other than starting QB & kicker there is no position that has less need for upgrades. Going for a cornerback was the right move.

One of the things Brady is best at is spreading the ball around. He might be the best in the league at that. Putting more quality WRs on the field helps more with Brady than most QBs. Putting Moss, Dez and Welker on the field at the same time would have been a lethal passing attack with Brady throwing to them. Also Moss is old. In a few years the Pats will need a replacement. Remember what the Pats offense was like the year before you got Moss? It will go back to being like that very shortly.

One of the things Brady is best at is spreading the ball around. He might be the best in the league at that. Putting more quality WRs on the field helps more with Brady than most QBs. Putting Moss, Dez and Welker on the field at the same time would have been a lethal passing attack with Brady throwing to them. Also Moss is old. In a few years the Pats will need a replacement. Remember what the Pats offense was like the year before you got Moss? It will go back to being like that very shortly.

I won't disagree that the Patriots will need a deep threat to replace Moss at some point. I am just saying it was pretty low on the 2010 priority list. Could be different in 2011, but not the top priority for 2010.

I won't disagree that the Patriots will need a deep threat to replace Moss at some point. I am just saying it was pretty low on the 2010 priority list. Could be different in 2011, but not the top priority for 2010.

When you have as many picks as the Pats had in this draft, screw priority lists and take the best player available.

Archived