Ugh Mets suck....so what to do in 2011

Latinlawyer

I am curious to hear CONSTRUCTIVE comments on what the NY Mets can do to be better in 2011.

Replace Minaya

Replace Manuel

Get Rid of Perez

Get Rid of Castillo

Trade Beltran

What other ideas do you guys have?

by the way...glad to be back on Jn.com...

LL

Welcome back LL- Where have you been?

the Mets need to bite the bullet and get rid of Castillo and perez -Explore trading Beltran- we need to get better -explore all options on the table

Blow up and start over. New GM and manager from outside the organization. More accountability at every level of the organization, new training staffs at every level. No big-name free agents this offseason, just band-aids, focus on building through the farm system.

Definitely get rid of the dead weight too and don't give up any of the young pitching. Castillo and Oliver Perez are no-brainers to cut. Maybe explore dealing Barajas, he might have some value after a pretty decent offensive season. Not sure about trading Beltran, but if a nice package of prospects comes NY's way I'm all for it. Not sure what to do with K-Rod.

Blow up and start over. New GM and manager from outside the organization. More accountability at every level of the organization, new training staffs at every level. No big-name free agents this offseason, just band-aids, focus on building through the farm system.

Definitely get rid of the dead weight too and don't give up any of the young pitching. Castillo and Oliver Perez are no-brainers to cut. Maybe explore dealing Barajas, he might have some value after a pretty decent offensive season. Not sure about trading Beltran, but if a nice package of prospects comes NY's way I'm all for it. Not sure what to do with K-Rod.

Whens the last time you watched a Mets game?

Do not trade any good players.

Replace Minaya with Kevin Towers. I have no idea why this hasn't been done already.

Hire a progressive manager...go hard after Fredi Gonzalez. Hopefully the Cubs beat you to him.

Sign Jason Werth. He brings that whole grit factor you guys pretended to get from crappy Franceour. Oh and he brings real things like power and solid play too. Make Pagan the 4th OF...he'll still see a ton of ABs.

You could also not sign Werth and keep Pagan for RF. Werth's power would fall in Citi anyway. Or you could straight up just trade Pagan while his value is at it's highest. He's a cheaper, athletic OF who showed a big league bat this year...someone might offer something decent for him.

Go hard after Cliff Lee. He'd thrive in Citifield and IMO he could help Santana out alot as far as learning to pitch at 88-91.

DO NOT trade Beltran. It makes no sense on many levels. This is the same for Reyes and/or Wright.

This team has alooooooot of upside so there's hope in that.

• 1 month later...

Archived