Memo to Fish Fans: Tuna era basically over

SouthernJet

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. You wouldn't be saying that if LeBron decided to go to the Knicks, but then again, LeBron isn't brain dead, so he wouldn't have done that.

2. I don't know, Middle School humor loses it's punch after a while, but if you think weak gay jokes are funny, go right ahead. Knock yourself out.

Not looking to bust your balls CJ, but if you don’t think that Parcells is out of Miami, you just haven’t been paying attention.

Parcells isn’t going to stay anywhere that he doesn’t have total control over. He likes to build teams, win, and get our. He has said numerous times that is a lot harder to keep a team on top, then it is to turn a team around. He did turn the fish around. Now they have hit a wall, and realistically they are #3 in the AFCE. He is not going to stick with a team he has rebuilt, that isn’t close to competing after year 3.

The timing for this is very odd. Classically this type stuff is done at the end of seasons, unless there are problems.

Now for some speculation. I wasn’t able to work today so I listened to Miami sports talk all day.

The theory’s out there now are. Parcells and the owner had a riff over the signing of Marshall which is what brought this about.

Parcells is very disappointed with Henne, and doesn’t think they can win with him.

Ireland is extremely unpopular, and they wanted him out. If the Fish don’t go to the playoffs, its rebuild time again.

As far as the “consultant thing goes, that is the same think they said about “The Don” when they kicked him out the door. “He is being moved upstairs” Then they took his keys to the building.

Parcells is gone after the season if not sooner.

Oh, one more thing. If you don’t like gay jokes, you are surely on the wrong site

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother. After watching the Jets suck a$$ on Hard Knocks the last month, they're gearing up for their "sh*t on every other team" mode, as evidenced by the "Patsy excuses thread" and this thread.

Seriously, you're allying yourself with Patriots fans? It doesn't get much lower than that.

Not looking to bust your balls CJ, but if you don’t think that Parcells is out of Miami, you just haven’t been paying attention.

Parcells isn’t going to stay anywhere that he doesn’t have total control over. He likes to build teams, win, and get our. He has said numerous times that is a lot harder to keep a team on top, then it is to turn a team around. He did turn the fish around. Now they have hit a wall, and realistically they are #3 in the AFCE. He is not going to stick with a team he has rebuilt, that isn’t close to competing after year 3.

The timing for this is very odd. Classically this type stuff is done at the end of seasons, unless there are problems.

Now for some speculation. I wasn’t able to work today so I listened to Miami sports talk all day.

The theory’s out there now are. Parcells and the owner had a riff over the signing of Marshall which is what brought this about.

Parcells is very disappointed with Henne, and doesn’t think they can win with him.

Ireland is extremely unpopular, and they wanted him out. If the Fish don’t go to the playoffs, its rebuild time again.

As far as the “consultant thing goes, that is the same think they said about “The Don” when they kicked him out the door. “He is being moved upstairs” Then they took his keys to the building.

Parcells is gone after the season if not sooner.

Oh, one more thing. If you don’t like gay jokes, you are surely on the wrong site

See, this is the problem with listening to trash like Sid Rosenberg. Your conspiracy theories could be true, or..

Maybe the 2010 off season is over, Miami is done acquiring their 53 man roster for this season, which is what Parcells job was, building a team. There's nothing else for him to do from a front office standpoint this year. Plus, there will not be football next year, so why stay on as VP? He's still in the building, he was on the practice field yesterday and he's there today. So answer me, how is him still being here, considered him walking out on the franchise?

Fact of the matter is, Jets fans have been stroking themselves since Parcells arrival in 2007, that he's going to quit. Every year since he joined the Dolphins, you Jets fans have been saying he's leaving. Well guess what? He's now in his 3rd year of a 4 year contract and he's phasing himself out and leaving control to the people he brought in. WHICH WAS THE PLAN IN THE FIRST PLACE. Meanwhile, every Tom, Dick and Harry from the Jets is saying "I told you so". Well guess what, you've been saying it for 3 years now, of course it was gonna come true. But in reality, he's not leaving.

Archived