Memo to Fish Fans: Tuna era basically over

SouthernJet

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

doesn't have some crazy clause in his deal where he gets paid for a year even after he quits or something weird like that ?

I wonder who is next for bill

the bucs have wanted him forever, right ?

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) — Bill Parcells' escape clause with the Miami Dolphins was expanded before the sale of the team was completed last month, and he can now leave at any time and collect the balance of the $12 million due him under a four-year contract.The contract Parcells signed a year ago gave him a 30-day window to depart with full pay if the team was sold. Outgoing owner Wayne Huizenga said Tuesday he removed the window before completing the sale of the team Jan. 20 to Stephen Ross.

smart move

give parcells a golden parachute

lol

I'll never understand why Jets fans bag on Parcells so much. He was solely responsible for bringing this team to a state of credibility for the first time in 40 years.

Exactly! he was the only person at that time and place could have saved the franchise. and he always said from the beginning that he was gonna coach one year at a time. had Hess not died he would have never resigned as coach. the Jets were a joke and the laughing stock of the league when he took over.

Exactly! he was the only person at that time and place could have saved the franchise. and he always said from the beginning that he was gonna coach one year at a time. had Hess not died he would have never resigned as coach. the Jets were a joke and the laughing stock of the league when he took over.

I think it's mostly the younger generation of Jets fans that don't give props to Parcells. Same thing when "kids" jump on Namath...they never saw him play so what do they do? They go to a stat book and look at his stats and say he was overrated...then they make fun of how he looks today...class act some of these Jets fans.

Wish Parcells no ill(which is a world away from Edwards or Bellichick); he did make the Jets respectable after a long period f suckitude. And personality-wise he simply isn't a long-term guy for any job. To his credit he has often said his biggest disappointment was loing the AFC title game to the Broncos because of how much awful and uncharacteristic bad stuff happened to the Jets in the 2nd half of that game.

He will enjoy his money.

And then look to latch on to another job with a warm weather team lik Tampa or NY team that involves a minimum of work with a max salary to be a figurehead, though at a loss why anyone would. Parcells isn't getting any younger. Here Tannenbaum and Bradway are still on very good terms with Parcells and might like to pick his brain, but doubt they need or want an old guy who would rather watch ponies than scout college football.

I think you're confusing him with Brett Favre.

how old were you in '97 ? 9 ?

the jets were coming off of impressive 1-15 and 3-13 campaigns, and leon hess even said one year during the thanksgiving team function, "now lets go out there and show them were not a bunch of horses asses"

then parcells came to town

then we went to the afc champ game B)

how old were you in '97 ? 9 ?

the jets were coming off of impressive 1-15 and 3-13 campaigns, and leon hess even said one year during the thanksgiving team function, "now lets go out there and show them were not a bunch of horses asses"

then parcells came to town

then we went to the afc champ game B)

It was a bad joke.

I was 10, but I completely understand what Parcels has done for this franchise. It was about the time I started following the Jets. I've done my homework and know a pretty good amount of the history that surrounds this team. I read Gang Green and it pretty much filled in the blank of what I didn't know. 1970 to 1996, and I would recommend it to anyone my age.

Truth is after one try Rex has already matched his best year. Just saying.

To figure out where he will land next, you simple look at the teams in the AFC/NFC West he has YET to work for.

AFC E

Jets

Pats

Fins

NFC E

Giants

Cowboys

That leaves us with only 3 remaining teams. The Redskins just got Shanahan, who wants GM control, so that doesn't seem likely. So we are left with 2 teams: the Bills and the Eagles. 50/50 shot, it should be a vbookie bet one day.

I would say he will go to Buffalo, as that would give him the division. If he goes to the Eagles he still has to work on the Redskins at some point, and that will be tough since he is getting older. Of course maybe he wants the Eagles job to get it even at 3-3, and knock the last two out in a row.

Have to respect what BP has accomplished. His career as a coach is up there with the best ever.

However.......... he has not gotten the job done in Miami and is a bit on the old side now.

He appears to be done. I dont think anybody is gonna give him the big cash he demands after flunking in Miami.

Parcells was absolutely a godsend to this organization. He changed a culture that was almost impossible to change. He made people accountable in an organization that could not comprehend the word. He made the Jets selfish, when before they were more concerned about image and League Corporate office friendliness.

Some of the foundation that Parcells established, remain today in the Jets.

My only complain and concern with him is how he executes an exit strategy.It is often messy, and reeks of personally glory (something he chided his players for).

Does anybody here actually read the articles, or does everybody just make sh*t up?

Parcells is NOT leaving Miami. I repeat, he's not leaving Miami. Did everybody read that right? Parcells is NOT leaving Miami. He, nearing the age of 70, is doing exactly what he said he would do. Slowly start handing over the day to day running of the team to Ireland, while STAYING ON in a consulting capacity. In fact, in today's practice, Parcells was there in his golf cart, as usual. Does that seem like something somebody would do if they were planning on taking a front office job in Tampa, Buffalo or Philly? Seriously, the idea of Parcells returning to a cold weather climate for another reclamation project is laughable at best.

Does anybody here actually read the articles, or does everybody just make sh*t up?

Parcells is NOT leaving Miami. I repeat, he's not leaving Miami. Did everybody read that right? Parcells is NOT leaving Miami. He, nearing the age of 70, is doing exactly what he said he would do. Slowly start handing over the day to day running of the team to Ireland, while STAYING ON in a consulting capacity. In fact, in today's practice, Parcells was there in his golf cart, as usual. Does that seem like something somebody would do if they were planning on taking a front office job in Tampa, Buffalo or Philly? Seriously, the idea of Parcells returning to a cold weather climate for another reclamation project is laughable at best.

You sound just like we did 10 years ago.

We stopped reading once we saw how Pennington went from noodle arm, to the latest superman QB you had a crush on.

Shhh! Facts tend to confuse some of these guys, so take it easy.

Shhh! Facts tend to confuse some of these guys, so take it easy.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother. After watching the Jets suck a$$ on Hard Knocks the last month, they're gearing up for their "sh*t on every other team" mode, as evidenced by the "Patsy excuses thread" and this thread.

It was a bad joke.

I was 10, but I completely understand what Parcels has done for this franchise. It was about the time I started following the Jets. I've done my homework and know a pretty good amount of the history that surrounds this team. I read Gang Green and it pretty much filled in the blank of what I didn't know. 1970 to 1996, and I would recommend it to anyone my age.

lol, got it

that's what smilies are for sonny ;)

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother. After watching the Jets suck a$$ on Hard Knocks the last month, they're gearing up for their "sh*t on every other team" mode, as evidenced by the "Patsy excuses thread" and this thread.

And here you are wallowing in it.

When did LeBron stop by?

Is Fifth Amendment your new boy friend or something?

Aquadouche must be heart broken. :rl:

1. You wouldn't be saying that if LeBron decided to go to the Knicks, but then again, LeBron isn't brain dead, so he wouldn't have done that.

2. I don't know, Middle School humor loses it's punch after a while, but if you think weak gay jokes are funny, go right ahead. Knock yourself out.

1. You wouldn't be saying that if LeBron decided to go to the Knicks, but then again, LeBron isn't brain dead, so he wouldn't have done that.

2. I don't know, Middle School humor loses it's punch after a while, but if you think weak gay jokes are funny, go right ahead. Knock yourself out.

So Lebron would not talk in the third party had he gone to the Knicks? You're good, how do you know this?

I guess the way you jumped to his defense, kind of brought me back. :rl:

Archived