Hardknocks =SUPERBOWL SHUFFLE

mark6sanchez

The Jets doing Hardknocks brought a lot of attention to the team just like the Bears making the Superbowl shuffle before they won sh#t. Sometimes doing such stuff can instill confidence in a team, it worked for the Bears. The Bears remind me a lot of the 2010 Jets with an eclectic mix of talented players and a flamboyant coaching staff . I hope the Jets could get get hot and get off w/a string of wins and then make their own Superbowl shuffle video that would really crack the rest of the NFL and media LOL. If the Jets do make a vid I just hope our white players can dance better then the Bear's whiteguys lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv2QglwLZUo&feature=related

just like the Bears making the Superbowl shuffle before they won sh#t.

Not completely correct. While they hadn't won the superbowl yet, they had completed a 15-1 season and won their division. The video came out during the playoffs. Do not recall when exactly during the playoffs might have been during their bye week before the first playoff game or the bye week after the NFC championship. But it was not pre-season like the Jets are doing.

Not completely correct. While they hadn't won the superbowl yet, they had completed a 15-1 season and won their division. The video came out during the playoffs. Do not recall when exactly during the playoffs might have been during their bye week before the first playoff game or the bye week after the NFC championship. But it was not pre-season like the Jets are doing.

Can I ask what the Jets are really doing?

Besides talking about their goal of winning a championship?

The video didn't give the '85 Bears confidence, beating the crap out of people gave them confidence. They were completely dominant that year. It shows how great Marino was that he could give them that one loss. In my whole life I've never seen a team go through the NFL the way that Bears team did. I was in New England during that Super Bowl and I didn't meet a single Pats fan who thought they had the slightest chance.

Thats what I don't understand. Outside of the Miami Heat statement(who also haven't done anything yet), all the Jets have said is that they WANT to win a superbowl. What team doesn't want that?

I would love a list of all the sh*t talking the Jets of done this offseason. Would love to see how long it actually is.

They actually recorded the song right after they lost to the Dolphins in week 13.

Thats what I don't understand. Outside of the Miami Heat statement(who also haven't done anything yet), all the Jets have said is that they WANT to win a superbowl. What team doesn't want that?

I would love a list of all the sh*t talking the Jets of done this offseason. Would love to see how long it actually is.

I can not believe the backlash this team is getting for saying they want to win the Super Bowl.

it's a little more that that..

why are we runnning from our coach and teams supreme confidence/arrogance. It is what it is, with this defense we have a good chance of backing it up, so who cares.. don't be scurred

It's not what they are saying, but how it's constantly being repeated all over the place by everybody.

Saying you want to win the Super bowl is fine, but when it gets this constant air play, it's bound to draw negative attention.

What's done is done, and the season has begun, I'm glad the Jets have this attitude, but enough is enough.

Now go out there and let the your game do the rest of the talking!

It's not what they are saying, but how it's constantly being repeated all over the place by everybody.

Saying you want to win the Super bowl is fine, but when it gets this constant air play, it's bound to draw negative attention.

What's done is done, and the season has begun, I'm glad the Jets have this attitude, but enough is enough.

Now go out there and let the your game do the rest of the talking!

Oh come on! I'm so tired of this humble pie "meh we're gonna give it our best and see how it plays out" mentality. Do you think our founding fathers went with that mentality when they went up against the Brits? Do you think our troops went in with that kind of attitude when they fought the Nazis? Do you think Henry Ford "hoped" he might build a few cars? Do you think the Wright brothers "hoped" to fly some day? Do you think Martin Luther King had a dream that he "hoped" that one day men and women of all colors would stand and work together without hatred? Do you think JFK "hoped" we would go to the moon? Do you think the 1980 US hockey team "hoped" to beat the Russians? Do you think Namath "hoped" to beat the Colts? Do you think Vince Lombardi "hoped" that his teams play great? This country was built with BALLS! Big, sloppy, in your face, cheek slapping, what are you gonna do about it giant balls! It was built by people who had a vision and a goal, and set out to do it. They told anyone who would hear them that they intended on reaching that goal and backed down for no one. This whole apologizing for wanting to be great trend today is bullsh*t. This whole trying not to offend anyone in trying to reach your goals is bullsh*t. Rex Ryan has big balls. Big, sloppy, smack you in the face balls. Rex Ryan is a great coach. Rex Ryan is a great AMERICAN!

Oh come on! I'm so tired of this humble pie "meh we're gonna give it our best and see how it plays out" mentality. Do you think our founding fathers went with that mentality when they went up against the Brits? Do you think our troops went in with that kind of attitude when they fought the Nazis? Do you think Henry Ford "hoped" he might build a few cars? Do you think the Wright brothers "hoped" to fly some day? Do you think Martin Luther King had a dream that he "hoped" that one day men and women of all colors would stand and work together without hatred? Do you think JFK "hoped" we would go to the moon? Do you think the 1980 US hockey team "hoped" to beat the Russians? Do you think Namath "hoped" to beat the Colts? Do you think Vince Lombardi "hoped" that his teams play great? This country was built with BALLS! Big, sloppy, in your face, cheek slapping, what are you gonna do about it giant balls! It was built by people who had a vision and a goal, and set out to do it. They told anyone who would hear them that they intended on reaching that goal and backed down for no one. This whole apologizing for wanting to be great trend today is bullsh*t. This whole trying not to offend anyone in trying to reach your goals is bullsh*t. Rex Ryan has big balls. Big, sloppy, smack you in the face balls. Rex Ryan is a great coach. Rex Ryan is a great AMERICAN!

This is the greatest post in message board history, and no one will disagree.

Did you really think my post was full of humble pie "meh we're gonna give it our best and see how it plays out" mentality? :huh:

Where was I apologizing? :huh:

Really??? :unsure:

WOW!

Regardless, what happens on the field is all that matters, and none of the examples you gave talked nearly as much or got this kind of media play.

Nothing they said or felt would have meant anything, had they not gone on to do it!

Try giving your girl just balls and see how she likes it. :blink:

Did you really think my post was full of humble pie "meh we're gonna give it our best and see how it plays out" mentality? :huh:

Where was I apologizing? :huh:

Really??? :unsure:

WOW!

Regardless, what happens on the field is all that matters, and none of the examples you gave talked nearly as much or got this kind of media play.

Nothing they said or felt would have meant anything, had they not gone on to do it!

Try giving your girl just balls and see how she likes it. :blink:

Sorry man, just had it in me and your post gave me the best opening! Not sure about your girl, but mine likes the big balls hahahaha!

Maybe so, but to me, having confidence is something that can and should be expressed in some way, shape or form. It doesn't need to be just internalized. When Brett Favre gave is impassioned "whatever happens....happens" speech in week 17 of the '09 season against Miami, we'd already lost before we took the field. If you believe you will beat the sh** out of your opponent, more often than not you will.

Sorry man, just had it in me and your post gave me the best opening! Not sure about your girl, but mine likes the big balls hahahaha!

Still don't see how my post said anything you were responding to, but whatever.

That's great, go rub a few out, come to her with only balls, and let me know how it turns out.

All the balls in the world don't mean sh*t if you don't back it up.

I'd rather see them do it on the field! Where it actually matters.

Maybe so, but to me, having confidence is something that can and should be expressed in some way, shape or form. It doesn't need to be just internalized. When Brett Favre gave is impassioned "whatever happens....happens" speech in week 17 of the '09 season against Miami, we'd already lost before we took the field. If you believe you will beat the sh** out of your opponent, more often than not you will.

Dude, look at the post he quoted.

Where am I saying don't express confidence?

I killed Favre for weeks after he gave that speech!

Still don't see how my post said anything you were responding to, but whatever.

That's great, go rub a few out, come to her with only balls, and let me know how it turns out.

All the balls in the world don't mean sh*t if you don't back it up.

I'd rather see them go off on the field!

Wow, easy killer. Didn't mean to piss in your cheerios. I'll repost it with someone else quoted if you prefer.

Name one other HC in the history of the NFL who has never won anything who shoots his flytrap more than Rex.

Please tell me what is wrong with telling your own team in a team meeting that you think they are capable of winning the Super Bowl?

Is he supposed to not say it because the meeting is being filmed for a TV show?

Your "outrage" is moronic.

Please tell me what is wrong with telling your own team in a team meeting that you think they are capable of winning the Super Bowl?

Is he supposed to not say it because the meeting is being filmed for a TV show?

Your "outrage" is moronic.

No, he's totally moronic.

this. plus i can't stand how people say "oh now teams are gonna try their hardest to beat you because of what rex ha sbeen saying". so that means beforehand they were only going to give it a half-assed attempt? it's the stupidest sh*t and it annoys the hell out of me. like the teams are gonna come to the game saying "damn we were gonna take it easy on these guys and not really try our hardest...but **** that. they had the nerve to publicly announce they plan on winning the superbowl? we're gonna give it 100% now".

Archived