For anyone who was at the game...

JustInFudge

Didnt know what thread to put this in, but I'm very curious to get a take from some folks who attended the game. You can see a lot more at the game than you can on TV. We've been battling back and forth about was Sanchez checking down or was B Schitt not calling any vertical routes.

For those who didnt get too bombed to remember and were actually paying attention, could you see if there were indeed routes being ran down field and Sanchez was just checking down to quick? Did the WR's just look covered? Were they taking away anything deep with safety help?

Just curious because I've always found when I attend games that you can see the play develop so much better and truly get to see what the defense is doing vs. your offense. Even sometimes see the WR getting open before the ball is thrown...so I'm just curious if anyone saw something we didnt watching on TV.

Thanks

There were a couple of times when Sanchez locked in on short routes when Braylon looked sort of open...

Honestly I think the Ravens knew what the play was before it was even snapped most of the time.

Thanks.

There were a couple of play on TV that you could see BE was open further down field by maybe 10 or so yards and the model still dumped it off.

I think the shifts that are supposed to disguise what we do actually give it away.

Was he even sending anyone out over a 30 yard route?

Thanks.

There were a couple of play on TV that you could see BE was open further down field by maybe 10 or so yards and the model still dumped it off.

I think the shifts that are supposed to disguise what we do actually give it away.

Was he even sending anyone out over a 30 yard route?

Never looked like anyone was going deep really, and when they attempted to the plays got blown up before they could.

I think Sanchez was dumping it off by design... there was one play that stood out... where he looked up at Braylon and seemed to audible something... BE then got open like 20 yards downfield and sanchez dumped it to the other side of the field...

In hindsight I think that was all just BS to try and "trick" them into thinking he was ging to trow to Braylon...

Shotty needs to stop trying to fool the other team...

Never looked like anyone was going deep really, and when they attempted to the plays got blown up before they could.

I think Sanchez was dumping it off by design... there was one play that stood out... where he looked up at Braylon and seemed to audible something... BE then got open like 20 yards downfield and sanchez dumped it to the other side of the field...

In hindsight I think that was all just BS to try and "trick" them into thinking he was ging to trow to Braylon...

Shotty needs to stop trying to fool the other team...

Well, thanks for responding and its just amazing that he didnt try to take the top of that defense.

Well, thanks for responding and its just amazing that he didnt try to take the top of that defense.

I saw at least 2 or 3 times where I KNOW Braylon could have gotten past the safety on a post.. but it was always either a planned screen/short pass or the Oline couldnt hold up...

Edwards was open on several plays as was Cotch. The ball was already in the air (short) before they could get full separation--Sanchez just didn't stand in the pocket or extend the play. He was trigger happy. Flacco, on the other hand, stood in and got drilled, but delivered when he needed to. There were two plays that stood out, though--both times BE was wide open. One play, Sanchez looked at him and dumped off anyway, and the other, Sanchez never even tried to throw it downfield but bird-dogged Tomlinson. Shotty sucks--but Sanchez sh*t the bed all game.

I think part of the problem is that he didn't dump it off enough last year which led to quite a few of his INTs so they went out and got LT and Schotty drilled it into his head that if he didn't have anything open downfield to dump it off. As a result, Sanchez takes a quick look downfield and if he doesn't have someone open, he immediately looks to dump it off. He's not allowing plays to develop.

The good thing about this is it's fixable. The negative side is while I think we have an OC who is capable of fixing it, he's not our OC right now, he's coaching the O-line.

Edwards was open on several plays as was Cotch. The ball was already in the air (short) before they could get full separation--Sanchez just didn't stand in the pocket or extend the play. He was trigger happy. Flacco, on the other hand, stood in and got drilled, but delivered when he needed to. There were two plays that stood out, though--both times BE was wide open. One play, Sanchez looked at him and dumped off anyway, and the other, Sanchez never even tried to throw it downfield but bird-dogged Tomlinson. Shotty sucks--but Sanchez sh*t the bed all game.

I take it you were there and saw this going on downfield?

I was very impressed with Flacco.

I take it you were there and saw this going on downfield?

I was very impressed with Flacco.

Let me say this...Flacco is a good QB, he is tough, not afraid to take a hit, semi-mobile and a strong arm. Can Sanchez be that? Probably but they have to un-shackle him. Allow him to make mistakes...without risk there is no reward.

LL

Schott is shot...we need to promote Callahan. Schott outmaneuvers himself constantly...

The good thing about this is it's fixable. The negative side is while I think we have an OC who is capable of fixing it, he's not our OC right now, he's coaching the O-line.

i dont support taking Callahan away from OL duties. He needs to get slauson up to speed or get vlad in the game. If they fire Schotty and bump up Cally to OC, it hurts an already weakened OL that needs coaching desperately.

Archived