Please fire or demote Shotty, Thank You.

ECURB

Fire Shotty?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Should the JETS fire or demote Shotty?

• Yes
    • No

He hasn't fumbled since week 1. And if your talking about his pass catching skills, I'm not gonna kill the guy for it because he was never much of a pass catcher at Iowa either. Its something to work on with him, but right now its obvious thats Tomlinson will be in on plays where the rb might catch the ball 95% of the time. Greene isnt CJ2K, he's more of a Bettis lite.

He's a 2nd year RB in the 21st century NFL...he needs to learn to catch the ball if he wants to have a great future rather than just a JAG running back future. He's taken himself out of games with his suckage in that area, as well as pass protection.

You also cannot whine about the predictablity of the offense if you truly believe that 2nd part.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The entire team dropped passes yesterday. Tomlinson wasnt doing much...it was time for a change.

That's a reason?

If I said Schotty called bad plays on purpose becase hey...everyone was dropping passes anyway...would that be considered rationaL?

Greene is a 2nd year player who consistently has shown an inability to hold onto passes. It's cost him playing time before, and he needs to start picking up his game. Everyone knows he can run the ball well if he gets good blocking.

That's a reason?

If I said Schotty called bad plays on purpose becase hey...everyone was dropping passes anyway...would that be considered rationaL?

Irrationality is purporting that is the argument being made. Or giving impetus to the notion that those driven to criticism don't recognize the balance that exists between both aspects. You're grasping at straws dude.

I saw that live and figured that had to be the case, then I saw the replay at home and was just baffled. It was that obvious. I'll say it again too. That 3rd and 1 call at the end of the half was just about one of the worst calls I've ever seen in a 2-minute drill.

2 completely botched 2-minute drills in the span of one game. That is just infuriating.

I think when seeing the two Rex challenges in the game there was a clear disconnect between their upstairs people and the folks on the sidelines. That had to have been one of those situations where nobody from upstairs said you are safe. I guess the coaches just watched the flight of the ball and then saw the big screen replay and thought maybe he was beyond the LOS. I wasnt at the game, but knowing how they used to show replays the Jets probably just saw a glance of the throw at which point they showed the catch itself from like 4 or 5 different angles. Im guessing that glance maybe made them freak if they told him to hurry up the snap for fear of a challenge.

Schotty is going to get a HC job. he isn't going to be fired by the Jets.

If the team goes through a mid-season slump like last year, and misses the postseason at the cost of instances similar to this season thus far, it's a legit possibility. Especially if the past two games are a trend and not simply a speed-bump. Five years on the job is a lifetime in the NFL and he's really taken his share of criticism over that period of time. Tannenbaum loaded up the offense this past offseason and if the offense can't get it done, it's definitely going to be a story that'll gain steam as the year goes on. It would certainly be a bold move, but he's probably the boldest GM in the business and certainly hasn't shown any hesitation in making similar moves. Also don't underestimate the fact that Rex is not affixed to him as a staff member at all as he's a holdover from the previous regime.

The 7 drops by the receivers doesn't even include the 2 bogus INTs. Those are 9 extra completions. That's 65 % compl. percentage compared to 42% that Sanchez had. Those 9 extra completions were worth at least 70 yds and 1 TD. That would put Sanchez over 300 yd passing and completely change his stat line.

I agree with Jason's take on Schotty because Schotty doesn't seem to have a feel for the game or know how to design patterns where there are easy completions to WRs.

I saw 2 mistakes by Sanchez. Not seeing Braylon deep on the role out and throwing it to Keller on the bogus INT. That wouldn't have gotten them in FG range or a 1st down. It was a useless throw.

The drops were absolutely killer. They are the elephant in the room. Bitonti talks about a K's job is to kick and that's why he's killing Folk about the miss. But guess what? A receiver's job is to catch. These weren't difficult balls to catch. They just dropped them. That killed drives and scoring opportunities.

considering that wade phillips is still a head coach it's not that crazy. someone's gonna look at Schotty's bloodlines and give him a chance.

as a general note

i dont believe firing the OC mid season is ever a good move.

Ok ill give ya that on the Phillips example.

But keep in mind its not like we have a bunch of position coaches that would step into the job. WEe have Callahan who has developed th best part of our offense. This would not be your typical OC firing. How many teams have a SB coach and well known offensive coach backing up their OC ??

He's a 2nd year RB in the 21st century NFL...he needs to learn to catch the ball if he wants to have a great future rather than just a JAG running back future. He's taken himself out of games with his suckage in that area, as well as pass protection.

You also cannot whine about the predictablity of the offense if you truly believe that 2nd part.

My memory is kinda foggy but I thought the last time they ran a play that involved a pass to Greene was week 1, after that he only came in on certain running plays. I just don't think Greene is used enough in the offense. Considering how awful the offense looked I think we need to get back to ground and pound a little to help Sanchez regain his composure.

Based on the ECURB barometer of knee jerking based on single game results, Mike Westhoff should be fired or demoted today.

He did not advise his punter that a 4th and 18 was not a smart time to run a fake punt, in his own territory. Folk missed a FG that would have tied the game. The punt return yardage was negiligible.

Get rid of the stooge.

Based on the ECURB barometer of knee jerking based on single game results, Mike Westhoff should be fired or demoted today.

He did not advise his punter that a 4th and 18 was not a smart time to run a fake punt, in his own territory. Folk missed a FG that would have tied the game. The punt return yardage was negiligible.

Get rid of the stooge.

So you think the Shott discussion is based on one game as well ? COME ON MAN

This is the part that left me speechless. Schotty admitted in a recent interview that after the bye week he went back and reviewed his play-calling and realized he had a lot more tendencies in his play-calling then he realized (yeah, big f'n shocker there). He specifically talked about taking that time to work on eliminating that issue, and then calls one of his single most predictable games ever. I felt like Paul Hackett was back with how me and Yellin were calling every upcoming play when they walked to the line of scrimmage. About the only time there wasn't a predictable call, the play was so atrociously bad it lost 8 yards and nearly lost the Jets the ball. It's really truly baffling.

At least the burgers and deep fried oreos were good.

If you are going to base Schott's contributions as a whole this year, it is knee jerk to rant after one game again.

Im basing it on his entire tenure here. This is the type of offense that should be feared instead were a laughing stock. This game was bad from both player and coach but I have not taken my eyes off this clown for a few years.

Did you watch that 2nd to last series? How do you allow your QB to go sneak on 1st and 10 when you are in a position where you are playing for 4 downs and most likely going for a TD?

I'm not sure this was mentioned yet... But I think they were worried that Sanchez threw the ball across the line. It didn't look that close, but that's the only explanation I can think of.

Im basing it on his entire tenure here. This is the type of offense that should be feared instead were a laughing stock. This game was bad from both player and coach but I have not taken my eyes off this clown for a few years.

If you are of the belief that a change in offensive coordinators mid-year is going to re-vamp play calling and benefit the overall team, that is wishcasting.

If you are of the belief that a change in offensive coordinators mid-year is going to re-vamp play calling and benefit the overall team, that is wishcasting.

Once again is anyone taking Callahan and his experience, and his time here into account >? Once again how many teams have this luxury ? In any other situation I would agree with you but I dont know how many other assistent coaches have been a HC in a SB and I dont know how many have led one of the most prolific offenses in the leagues history.

Giving Callahan the Job now gives him time to work in some plays and get the offense where he wants it. He already developed our O-Line and running game and hes already proven top be successful in the past. Someone Please tell me what has Brian Shottenheimer accomplished in his career ?? SOMEONE PLEASE set me straight. This is not all about x's and o's when it comes to Shott its about predictability and adjustments. If our offense comes out flat you can pretty much guarantee they will be flat the entire game with no adjustments at all. You better pray the defense puts them in position to score. Also keep in mind that offense Callahan ran in Oakland was a high percentage ball control offense that was hard to stop and he always found the mismatches. Is this what why were worried about changing OC's ??? most teams should be so lucky

This.

I was shocked when they ran that reverse. Shocked. There was absolutely no need for it.

The timing of the "gadget" plays was curious this week.

I understand their need within this offensive scheme, but they seemed to serve as drive busters more than anything.

The Tomlinson option pass just seemed to be a prayer.

This.

I was shocked when they ran that reverse. Shocked. There was absolutely no need for it.

Were you really shocked or were you just waiting for it to happen ? I knew once the offense showed some type of life we were looking at a gadget play he does it every single game and we never fool anyone.

The timing of the "gadget" plays was curious this week.

I understand their need within this offensive scheme, but they seemed to serve as drive busters more than anything.

The Tomlinson option pass just seemed to be a prayer.

The offensive gameplan was crap.

That said, the offensive execution was worse.

Shotty's not the sole reason we lost, but smart play could have won this game in spite of the fact those offensive miscues and BS INTs.

Regardless of your mistakes, you should NEVER lose a game where you hold the other team to 10, or 9 points.

Were you really shocked or were you just waiting for it to happen ? I knew once the offense showed some type of life we were looking at a gadget play he does it every single game and we never fool anyone.

You know, maybe I shouldn't be... But still, when we started moving the ball, only to run a reverse like that, yes, I was shocked.

The offensive gameplan was crap.

That said, the offensive execution was worse.

Shotty's not the sole reason we lost, but smart play could have won this game in spite of the fact those offensive miscues and BS INTs.

Regardless of your mistakes, you should NEVER lose a game where you hold the other team to 10, or 9 points.

And the Jets have done it TWICE this year at home because of offensive ineptitude. That's amazing.

You know, maybe I shouldn't be... But still, when we started moving the ball, only to run a reverse like that, yes, I was shocked.

Or run a reverse with the slowest of your 3 WRs.

It was like Schotty saying: "Ah ha! I'll fool them by having the slowest of our WRs run the reverse. They'd think I'd use speedsters Braylon or Santonio. But no! I got them right where I want them. Bwahahahahaha!"

It was like Schotty saying: "Ah ha! I'll fool them by having the slowest of our WRs run the reverse. They'd think I'd use speedsters Braylon or Santonio. But no! I got them right where I want them. Bwahahahahaha!"

Genius

LOL. Yeah in situations like that you speed to get around the edge and stuff, something Cotchery has never had. Maybe sh*tty was punishing Holmes and Edwards for getting into trouble with the league. Only the scott-free players get to do the fancy reverses.

Smith is best used for those situations.

Boy, if there was just a way for teams to hire guys that could develop skills like this among the players on their rosters, it could revolutionize the sport.

Boy, if only there was a way for coaching to guarantee play execution on game day...Oh that's right...there isn't...players determine that.

After my senior year in HS one of the kids in my graduating class asked me to teach his brother how to pitch. His brother was somewhat talented...talented enough to play HS ball at least...so I decided to do it. I put this kid on a diet, I gave him some workouts to work on his core strength, threw a ton of long toss, tried to teach him to follow through his throws so he got proper extension, worked on spotting the ball to all quadrants, and all that little stuff. When we worked the kid looked good. He worked on using his body and legs better and basically, you saw conscious effort lead to positive results. I finally let him on the mound to throw to a couple friends and myself. He started off alright as I only made truly hard contact maybe twice...same for one of his friends, who he actually managed to strike out. One of my friends was an a$$hole about it, and decided to really swing the bat balls out. First pitch...rocked. OK cool...try again. 2nd pitch...rocked. 3rd pitch...rocked. Frustration started setting into my pupil, and mechanics started falling apart. He wanted to just blow it by my friend, who kept swinging away because there's no shot of this kid blowing it past him like that.

It wasn't a real game, but we learned that all that work could still be undone after a bout with frustration. Stuff like that happens in sports. If it was half as easy as you guys try to paint it to be, then the Jets wouldn't be 40+ years without a Super Bowl and that kid could have thrown at least one pitch past Mr Showoff.

Boy, if only there was a way for coaching to guarantee play execution on game day...Oh that's right...there isn't...players determine that.

After my senior year in HS one of the kids in my graduating class asked me to teach his brother how to pitch. His brother was somewhat talented...talented enough to play HS ball at least...so I decided to do it. I put this kid on a diet, I gave him some workouts to work on his core strength, threw a ton of long toss, tried to teach him to follow through his throws so he got proper extension, worked on spotting the ball to all quadrants, and all that little stuff. When we worked the kid looked good. He worked on using his body and legs better and basically, you saw conscious effort lead to positive results. I finally let him on the mound to throw to a couple friends and myself. He started off alright as I only made truly hard contact maybe twice...same for one of his friends, who he actually managed to strike out. One of my friends was an a$$hole about it, and decided to really swing the bat balls out. First pitch...rocked. OK cool...try again. 2nd pitch...rocked. 3rd pitch...rocked. Frustration started setting into my pupil, and mechanics started falling apart. He wanted to just blow it by my friend, who kept swinging away because there's no shot of this kid blowing it past him like that.

It wasn't a real game, but we learned that all that work could still be undone after a bout with frustration. Stuff like that happens in sports. If it was half as easy as you guys try to paint it to be, then the Jets wouldn't be 40+ years without a Super Bowl and that kid could have thrown at least one pitch past Mr Showoff.

Are you saying Shcotty is trying to teach Greene how to pitch?

Maybe he should work on catching first. :D

Archived