Finish This Sentence: The Miami Dolphins Are...

SoFlaJets

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean "invent?"

I'm not suggesting that he plays like Pennington other than he checks down too much. Henne has a much different style and significantly stronger arm. I am talking about the results or lack thereof and his growing propensity to check down instead of trust his arm.

Like his mentor, Henne seems all too satisfied to settle for three in the red zone instead of taking chances. The sad part is Henne has a weapon the likes of which Pennington never did - a giant wideout with long arms and a great vertical and he doesn't use him in the red zone.

Yes, I meant invent.

I honestly dont know where you are getting this all from. The mere fact he scored a TD means he's better in one try vs the Steelers than CP was in 3, since he's never thrown a TD against the Steelers.

And this talk about him settling doesnt make sense being that he threw for multiple TD's in 3 straight games coming into Sunday.

Seriously, did you watch the entire game? I know cable was only showing Jags vs. Cheifs. Or were you watching the NFL redzone? He looked good. Pitt was getting a ton of pressure and he stood in their multiple times and delivered some bullets in the face of pressure. He basically did everything CP could never do yesterday. And his receiver couldnt get open. It wasnt like he was missing target or missing players down field. You keep mentioning check downs...who is his deep threat? They are a team of possession receivers, so it doesnt surprise me that he checks down.

And further, you are basing this all off a game against the Steelers, cuz your assessment doesnt really apply to any other game except for when they played Buffalo opening day (which is a week I never put a ton of stock into, just look at the Jets)

Yes, I meant invent.

I honestly dont know where you are getting this all from. The mere fact he scored a TD means he's better in one try vs the Steelers than CP was in 3, since he's never thrown a TD against the Steelers.

And this talk about him settling doesnt make sense being that he's threw for multiple TD's in 3 straight games coming into Sunday.

Seriously, did you watch the entire game? I know cable was only showing Jags vs. Cheifs. Or were you watching the NFL redzone? He looked good. Pitt was getting a ton of pressure and he stood in their multiple times and delivered some bullets in the face of pressure. He basically did everything CP could never do yesterday. And his receiver couldnt get open. It wasnt like he was missing target or missing players down field. You keep mentioning check downs...who is his deep threat? They are a team of possession receivers, so it doesnt surprise me that he checks down.

And further, you are basing this all off a game against the Steelers, cuz your assessment doesnt really apply to any other game except for when they played Buffalo opening day (which is a week I never put a ton of stock into, just look at the Jets)

You see that thing that just flew about 50 feet over your head?

Couple of thoughts regarding this circle jerk of a thread.

Henne is a very good young QB. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just plain dopey.

Sanchez???

Season is almost half over and he still hasnt hit a long TD pass.

Why is that??

He can throw the 10 yrd slant better than anyone.

Before you start throwing stones, you do realize, that even with yesterday's 0-4 Red Zone performance, Henne and the Phins still have a higher Red Zone percentage than Sanchez and the Jets?

yeah by a couple of percentage points. it's pretty close. but what isn't close is red zone scoring attempts/game where miami is tied for 2nd to dead last in the league. what also isn't close is net points where the jets are 2nd in the league and miami is again near the bottom of the barrel. points per game: jets 4th, miami 24th. points allowed per game: jets 4th, miami 22nd. oh and btw: jets 5-1, miami 3-3. miami has been a scrappy team but overall they have been spectacularly mediocre thusfar.

Couple of thoughts regarding this circle jerk of a thread.

Henne is a very good young QB. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just plain dopey.

Sanchez???

Season is almost half over and he still hasnt hit a long TD pass.

Why is that??

He can throw the 10 yrd slant better than anyone.

What exactly qualifies as a "long TD pass"? How many yards does it have to go? Do these yards all need to be the ball traveling in the air? I'm guessing you aren't counting his 67 yard TD against Miami which was admittedly a short pass taken for a long gain. But what about this one? http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81b04ad7/Edwards-41-yard-TD-catch

As another example, considering it traveled 1/3 of the distance of the field, I think I would qualify this as a "long TD" as well, particularly considering it was all through the air: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81b651c3/Braylon-Edwards-32-yard-TD

So does it only count as a TD pass on a long bomb that covers at least half of the distance of the field and that the WR catches in the endzone, thus not needing to gain any yards after the catch? If so, sure Sanchez hasn't thrown one of those yet. Who cares?

What exactly qualifies as a "long TD pass"? How many yards does it have to go? Do these yards all need to be the ball traveling in the air? I'm guessing you aren't counting his 67 yard TD against Miami which was admittedly a short pass taken for a long gain. But what about this one? http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81b04ad7/Edwards-41-yard-TD-catch

As another example, considering it traveled 1/3 of the distance of the field, I think I would qualify this as a "long TD" as well, particularly considering it was all through the air: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81b651c3/Braylon-Edwards-32-yard-TD

So does it only count as a TD pass on a long bomb that covers at least half of the distance of the field and that the WR catches in the endzone, thus not needing to gain any yards after the catch? If so, sure Sanchez hasn't thrown one of those yet. Who cares?

uncle-rico-picture.jpg

Ball most travel over those mountains and be caught to win State.

Archived