Finish This Sentence: The Miami Dolphins Are...

SoFlaJets

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the spin doctor. Come on Kleck explain the point, Jif just laid it out there. Pennington would have been murdered out there throwing ducks, thats what he does against Defenses like the Steelers,Ravens Etc.

Depends when you are talking about. Now? Yeah.

Guy didn’t throw a red zone pick until 2006. Pennington was a good QB, shoulder injuries left him useless.

It is what it is. When he was healthy he was better then Henne

the spin doctor. Come on Kleck explain the point, Jif just laid it out there. Pennington would have been murdered out there throwing ducks, thats what he does against Defenses like the Steelers,Ravens Etc.

The point is you are saying the exact same things about Henne that used to be said by the Penningtonologists when Pennington was a Jet:

a) It wasn't his fault. He kept us in the game and didn't make mistakes. (Which is fine but he didn't do anything particularly well to help win the game either.)

b ) He has a high passer rating, that proves he is a good QB! (Except passer rating only rates the efficiency of a QB when passing the ball and it doesn't even do a very good job of it as it doesn't take into consideration things like settling for field goals in the red zone.)

c) But we had the lead late so it can't be his fault! (Yeah but the lead could have been bigger and insurmountable for the opposition had he done a better job in scoring opportunities earlier in the game.)

Henne is starting to develop some of Pennington's bad habits like checking down and not even looking downfield when he feels the slightest bit of pressure. This helps his completion percentage and YPA and passer rating but it doesn't help win games.

Henne's TD pass yesterday was the result of a great play by Devone Bess. Henne's actual pass on the play was short and low. Bess made a great individual effort to evade tacklers and score. Another thing Pennington was great at - getting credit for WRs making outstanding plays on his crappy passes.

Sanchez's low YPA is more a result of his low completion percentage than checking down. Why is Sanchez's completion percentage low? Because he is throwing lower percentage passes downfield and taking chances that he maybe shouldn't take sometimes but have at times led to big plays that have won the Jets football games.

When Sanchez can figure out the right time to check down and the right time to take a chance he will step into the upper echelon of QBs in this league. Until then he is going to struggle at times.

Henne is starting to appear satisfied with a high passer rating and low expectations. Not a good combo.

Depends when you are talking about. Now? Yeah.

Guy didn’t throw a red zone pick until 2006. Pennington was a good QB, shoulder injuries left him useless.

It is what it is. When he was healthy he was better then Henne

He didn't throw a ton of red zone TDs either.

The Raiders in the wildcard round of the playoffs exposed the myth of Chad Pennington.

The End.

LOL whatever man your right Henne is Pennington. Case closed. Henne was certainly below avg. yesterday. We had the lead with late in the game with under 3 minutes to go and Henne blew it.

I think Henne is an okay QB, but for whatever reason he just doesn't seem to have that "it" factor

Personally, I'm gonna wait and see what Mark does against the Steelers before I even consider mocking Henne's day against them. I think the Henne-bashing is wishful thinking from the same Jets fans who still think Tom Brady sucks.

I consider all of your analysis as insignificant

Tom Shane = Mr. Insignificant

The "pressure" made Big Ben do something incredibly stupid?

What "pressure" was Big Ben under when he was raping women?

LOL that was funny but come on, pressure was the reason he mad the mistake, he had Cam Wake holding on to his legs and Misi coming in getting ready to clean up and tried to get of a shovel pass but was hit right before it. That in no way was a gift wrap turnover. If he had just lost control of the ball without being hit thats a gift wrap.

LOL that was funny but come on, pressure was the reason he mad the mistake, he had Cam Wake holding on to his legs and Misi coming in getting ready to clean up and tried to get of a shovel pass but was hit right before it. That in no way was a gift wrap turnover. If he had just lost control of the ball without being hit thats a gift wrap.

I think he's calling it a gift wrap because come on, who the hell tries to shovel pass on their way to the ground but Big Ben and Favre?

It absolutely should have been a sack... the turnover was big ben's characteristic refusing to be denied.

EY explained it.

The Fins did a great job of pressuring Big Ben and sacking him. But the turnover happened because Big Ben was an idiot. Only with Ben & Favre does that fumble happen. Any other QB would have secured the ball and taken the sack, including if Henne was in that situation.

EY explained it.

The Fins did a great job of pressuring Big Ben and sacking him. But the turnover happened because Big Ben was an idiot. Only with Ben & Favre does that fumble happen. Any other QB would have secured the ball and taken the sack, including if Henne was in that situation.

Too funny that the two guys who can't keep their dick to themselves have a hard time just accepting that something's not going to work out on the field too.

Too funny that the two guys who can't keep their dick to themselves have a hard time just accepting that something's not going to work out on the field too.

And all this time I thought being a "gunslinger" was a reference to, you know, utilizing firearms in a haphazard manner. :D

:rl:

Favre & Big Ben: When "No" Doesn't Mean "No."

Tough one yesterday 4life.

Those two early FG's off Steeler gifts killed them.

They punch in 2 TD's and that would have been a totally different game.

The point is you are saying the exact same things about Henne that used to be said by the Penningtonologists when Pennington was a Jet:

a) It wasn't his fault. He kept us in the game and didn't make mistakes. (Which is fine but he didn't do anything particularly well to help win the game either.)

b ) He has a high passer rating, that proves he is a good QB! (Except passer rating only rates the efficiency of a QB when passing the ball and it doesn't even do a very good job of it as it doesn't take into consideration things like settling for field goals in the red zone.)

c) But we had the lead late so it can't be his fault! (Yeah but the lead could have been bigger and insurmountable for the opposition had he done a better job in scoring opportunities earlier in the game.)

Henne is starting to develop some of Pennington's bad habits like checking down and not even looking downfield when he feels the slightest bit of pressure. This helps his completion percentage and YPA and passer rating but it doesn't help win games.

Henne's TD pass yesterday was the result of a great play by Devone Bess. Henne's actual pass on the play was short and low. Bess made a great individual effort to evade tacklers and score. Another thing Pennington was great at - getting credit for WRs making outstanding plays on his crappy passes.

Sanchez's low YPA is more a result of his low completion percentage than checking down. Why is Sanchez's completion percentage low? Because he is throwing lower percentage passes downfield and taking chances that he maybe shouldn't take sometimes but have at times led to big plays that have won the Jets football games.

When Sanchez can figure out the right time to check down and the right time to take a chance he will step into the upper echelon of QBs in this league. Until then he is going to struggle at times.

Henne is starting to appear satisfied with a high passer rating and low expectations. Not a good combo.

No response from The Circumstance?

No response from The Circumstance?

I'm not going to respond to you bashing Henne's performance....it's a joke. He played good against the Steelers, better than i thought he was going to. Comparing him to Chad Pennnington is ridiculous and any Dolphin fan that wants Pennington in at QB is a loser and i will gladly meet them at their house and fight them on their front lawn.

I'm not going to respond to you bashing Henne's performance....it's a joke. He played good against the Steelers, better than i thought he was going to. Comparing him to Chad Pennnington is ridiculous and any Dolphin fan that wants Pennington in at QB is a loser and i will gladly meet them at their house and fight them on their front lawn.

How am I bashing his performance? Henne played well, just not nearly well enough to win - just like his mentor and namesake used to all the time.

Wow...talk about a reach.

For the win!

How am I bashing his performance? Henne played well, just not nearly well enough to win - just like his mentor and namesake used to all the time.

I'm quite sure if Sanchez posted similar numbers as Henne did you would be boasting his performance, but my QB ends up being a Chad Pennington clone? Chad Pennington struggles big time against agressive defenses like the Steelers have. We had ZERO running game yesterday and Henne did an good job to get us in position to kick what almost was the game winning field goal. No team to this point has scored more points against the steelers than us.Your bashing him just to bash him....no QB has put up better numbers against the Steelers than Henne has.

Its amazing to me that you of all people don't see the similarities.

I see the similarities you are trying to event, but I see no similarities in performance.

I watched the entire game with my buddy yesterday and thought Henne played very well considering his opponent.

I'm quite sure if Sanchez posted similar numbers as Henne did you would be boasting his performance, but my QB ends up being a Chad Pennington clone? Chad Pennington struggles big time against agressive defenses like the Steelers have. We had ZERO running game yesterday and Henne did an good job to get us in position to kick what almost was the game winning field goal. No team to this point has scored more points against the steelers than us.Your bashing him just to bash him....no QB has put up better numbers against the Steelers than Henne has.

I would hope you scored more than most teams against the Steelers. They did give you the ball in the red zone three times. :rolleyes: You should have scored even more. THAT IS THE POINT.

Constantly settling for FGs in the red zone just like Pennington. Its going to get worse. I know. I lived it.

Archived