Steelers hold slight edge over Jets as league's best team

SoFlaJets

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not by a blown call by the refs.

Exactly. I find it funny that TX keeps bringing this up, but never says anything about the fact that the refs gave Denver at least one TD if not 2 by atrocious calls. They also killed a couple of long gainers on Offense with phantom calls. Not to mention that Holmes would have caught the pass if he had not be interfered with.

Cheaters fans crack me up.

Where did you pull that one out of ?

The facts are the JETS were getting short end of the calls throughout the game. One of the Broncos TD was not a TD b/c the receiver was clearly out of bounds. If the refs had got this call right the game would have been over long before that.

And finally the refs get a PI call right and suddenly it becomes the JETS needed the refs ?

+100000000. Even the majority of Denver fans agree that it was a legitimate call. I say Holmes catches the ball anyway if he hadn't been interfered with.

Because this years team is made up of the nucleus of last years tea, dumbass

Please stop acting like LOSING in the AFCCG was some sort of significant accomplishment.

Hell, if the Colts didn't sit all their starters, the Jets would have been nothing more than a mediocre 8-8 football team.

Please stop acting like LOSING in the AFCCG was some sort of significant accomplishment.

Hell, if the Colts didn't sit all their starters, the Jets would have been nothing more than a mediocre 8-8 football team.

But, they made it in and still got there right? Or are you just going to lean on these types of arguments.

Either you've gotten worse or I've become immune.

But, they made it in and still got there right? Or are you just going to lean on these types of arguments.

Either you've gotten worse or I've become immune.

They got there, no doubt, but it has absolutely no relevance to what happens this year.

I just find your colleages comments "we were one half away" from the Super Bowl funny as hell.

Wow, no wonder the Jets are so overrated.

While I know what you're trying to do here, you know as well as I do that these type of statistics are always flawed, especially this early in the year. If the Jets had lost all of those games, their opponents strength of the schedule would look substantially better considering the Jets victories account for over 25% of their opponent's losses. Can't blame the Jets for beating the teams they are scheduled to face, which ever since that week 1 mess, they've done every week. Something tells me that if you take a look at it this early in the season, on average the teams with the worst records will appear to have tougher strength of schedule while the best will appear to have a weaker one.

The "What if" game works both ways. What if the Jets didn't lose both Jenks and Leon early in the season? That alone could have accounted for 2 more wins and they still go to the AFCCG. What if Belicheat didn't make that idiotic decision to go for it on 4th down that cost them that game? Maybe they would have made it to the show instead of watching the Jets in the AFCCG.

They got there, no doubt, but it has absolutely no relevance to what happens this year.

I just find your colleages comments "we were one half away" from the Super Bowl funny as hell.

It has some relevance. Would you argue that no matter what the changed have happened to the Pats from year to year that the core of Brady/BB is something that adds stability and a certain confidence about a team? I would. It's the same idea. Just because we were a half away doesn't mean we're a lock to get there again. Just means the potential is still there in my opinion.

But it's OK for you to use past history to say the Jets can't beat the Steelers and that a collapse will be coming this season? Yes, I know the the Jets are a lock to beat GB this Sunday based on history - right??

Funny, indeed. At least we are using recent history and the results thus far this season to be optimistic.

If, if, if...

If your father had done the smart thing and pulled out, we would have one less Pats' troll here.

It has some relevance. Would you argue that no matter what the changed have happened to the Pats from year to year that the core of Brady/BB is something that adds stability and a certain confidence about a team? I would. It's the same idea. Just because we were a half away doesn't mean we're a lock to get there again. Just means the potential is still there in my opinion.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Also, the majority of teams who make the playoffs will pretty much go with the same roster "that got there there" the following year, hence the stability you are talking about.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

Also, the majority of teams who make the playoffs will pretty much go with the same roster "that got there there" the following year, hence the stability you are talking about.

Right. Well I'd agree it doesn't mean a team is a lock, but at the same time we can continue to do well and we're "halfway there" IMO when it boils down to our division record. As you well know those division games are key.

I find your strawman trolling attempts to be annoying as hell.

You bring nothing to any discussion on this board. You simply repeat the same things over and over again in an attempt to get a rise out of people.

I understand why a couple people thought it might've been fun to let you out of your box, but I think that's run it's course already.

You should be banned.

I find your strawman trolling attempts to be annoying as hell.

You bring nothing to any discussion on this board. You simply repeat the same things over and over again in an attempt to get a rise out of people.

I understand why a couple people thought it might've been fun to let you out of your box, but I think that's run it's course already.

You should be banned.

If that's to be the litmus test this is gonna get messy.

Yep, just ban someone who doesn't share your opinion.

No, slats is saying you should be banned because you haven't "raised your game."

Come one, old man, rise to the occassion. This isn't the kiddy pool.

You need constantly new material and to be on your toes at all times. You can do it.

You've gotten complacent in your later years.

Example of Tx's sloppy trolling:

When was the last time the Jets won in Pittsburgh?

This was in the SAME FREAKIN' THREAD! You can't say the Jets can't defeat the Steelers in Pittsburg based on what happened previously (which was 6 yrs ago, actually) and then a couple of posts later say that what happened last year has "no relevance."

Come on! RAISE YOUR GAME!

It has nothing to do with opinion.

You're nothing but a troll. You were banned before for being a troll, and you should be banned again for being a troll.

Where did you pull that one out of ?

The facts are the JETS were getting short end of the calls throughout the game. One of the Broncos TD was not a TD b/c the receiver was clearly out of bounds. If the refs had got this call right the game would have been over long before that.

And finally the refs get a PI call right and suddenly it becomes the JETS needed the refs ?

Huh?

The Refs in Miami totally blew the call on the field and were hamstrung in the review process because of it. How does that any way equate with the Refs in Denver a$$ raping the Jets throughout the game with blown TD calls, non-personal foul personal foul penalty, and then making an obvious call on a blatant pass interference?

Does it really matter? Either way the refs helped dictate the outcome of both games by making a crucial call down the stretch.

Example of Tx's sloppy trolling:

This was in the SAME FREAKIN' THREAD! You can't say the Jets can't defeat the Steelers in Pittsburg based on what happened previously (which was 6 yrs ago, actually) and then a couple of posts later say that what happened last year has "no relevance."

Come on! RAISE YOUR GAME!

bwhahahahahaha.

Give it to him TX. He got ya there! :P

No, I was banned for making a comment about the owners undergarments.

Awe, Tex, getting under some of the more sensitive of the Jets fans' skin. Too funny.

Anyway, all this back and forth does not matter. The football season's fate has already been sealed by the twitter jinx man. Trust me.

To me it's not the difference of opinion, but the hypocricy of your posts. In this thread alone there are 3 great examples of this:

1. You use past history to say the Jets will have a collapse and can't beat certain teams this season, but we can't use recent history and the results of this season for our opinions.

2. You say the Cheaters have the best record in the league and the Jets are overrated because of their Srenghth of Schedule (SOS), yet your team has a worse SOS and the Jets have the same record as you as well as have beaten you.

3. You keep saying that the Jets were given the Denver game because of a bad call, yet you never acknowledge the fact that they were several horrible calls against the Jets, at least one of which gave Denver a TD and that was a factor in the game.

They are several other threads where your opinion changes given what team is involved in the debate.

That makes you look like nothing but a troll.

To me it's not the difference of opinion, but the hypocricy of your posts. In this thread alone there are 3 great examples of this:

1. You use past history to say the Jets will have a collapse and can't beat certain teams this season, but we can't use recent history and the results of this season for our opinions.

2. You say the Cheaters have the best record in the league and the Jets are overrated because of their Srenghth of Schedule (SOS), yet your team has a worse SOS and the Jets have the same record as you as well as have beaten you.

3. You keep saying that the Jets were given the Denver game because of a bad call, yet you never acknowledge the fact that they were several horrible calls against the Jets, at least one of which gave Denver a TD and that was a factor in the game.

They are several other threads where your opinion changes given what team is involved in the debate.

That makes you look like nothing but a troll.

Don't worry, he and garbage were no where to be found after week 2, kind of like there have been no phag trolls around for a month now.

They'll crawl back into their holes again before the season is over.

Did Wrecks eat the red flag on that play?

It was obviously not a TD and all he had to do was throw the challenge flag.

Archived