Ryan got my attention today!!

NYJ37/12

I said just yesterday that I felt the team would not win another game. The opinion was based on the things I've witnessed since August. Let me clear, I still cannot stand the oc, but after today, I've changed my mind. With the ball funeral at practice today I get a sense that this team does indeed get "it". They will crush Miami.

I said just yesterday that I felt the team would not win another game. The opinion was based on the things I've witnessed since August. Let me clear, I still cannot stand the oc, but after today, I've changed my mind. With the ball funeral at practice today I get a sense that this team does indeed get "it". They will crush Miami.

please tell me this is sarcasm

please tell me this is sarcasm

nope. great move today by him. I've never seen a coach do something like that. you may think it means little, but these pro athletes are a pain to motivate, even after getting beat by 42. I think they overcome shotty and beat up mIami. I think they will look back on today as the turning point. You dont need to agree.

nope. great move today by him. I've never seen a coach do something like that. you may think it means little, but these pro athletes are a pain to motivate, even after getting beat by 42. I think they overcome shotty and beat up mIami. I think they will look back on today as the turning point. You dont need to agree.

While I agree that professional athletes are a pain to motivate, I would hope the a$$ kicking they took on Monday night would open their eyes. They are playing a fierce division rival that would like nothing more than to put another dent into the Jets season. If they come out flat they will be in for a long day. If I was Rex I would have them in pads with some contact to get his point across.

I still think he should have shoved it up his own azz and walked with a limp for the rest of his life. now thats motivation.

While I agree that professional athletes are a pain to motivate, I would hope the a$$ kicking they took on Monday night would open their eyes. They are playing a fierce division rival that would like nothing more than to put another dent into the Jets season. If they come out flat they will be in for a long day. If I was Rex I would have them in pads with some contact to get his point across.

Maybe hes gun shy about contact in practice after the leonhard injury? I agree with you about pads in practice though. they were being out physicalled by the Patriots. I mean pushed all over the field.

Maybe hes gun shy about contact in practice after the leonhard injury? I agree with you about pads in practice though. they were being out physicalled by the Patriots. I mean pushed all over the field.

Injuries are a part of football...every once in a while you have to open the players eyes and tell them the party is over. It is all fun and games when you are winning..you get completely embarrassed on national tv there is a price to be paid. Correct me if I am wrong but I remember Parcells bringing contact back late in the season..I believe after a terrible loss to the Rams but not completely sure

Injuries are a part of football...every once in a while you have to open the players eyes and tell them the party is over. It is all fun and games when you are winning..you get completely embarrassed on national tv there is a price to be paid. Correct me if I am wrong but I remember Parcells bringing contact back late in the season..I believe after a terrible loss to the Rams but not completely sure

He would say jobs would be on the line. and yes, he did make them do that a few times. um Tyson, the players quit playing after that sanchez 3rd quarter int. there should be repercussions for that. thats what really bothers me.

He would say jobs would be on the line. and yes, he did make them do that a few times. um Tyson, the players quit playing after that sanchez 3rd quarter int. there should be repercussions for that. thats what really bothers me.

Are you sure the defense wasnt just worn out?

Two slabs of ribs will do that.

Actually normal dinner* but I did drink a litre+ of Makers Mark. The pain never did go away, i had teh sadness.

*note: normal Crusher dinner = 3 racks a rib, half chicken, token veggies, 3/4 3/4 chicken, and a diet soda to cancel out teh calories

Honestly the ball should not have neen buried it should have been displayed in a pedistle in the locker room. And the team should be in the film room watching every distrubing moment.

Turning your back on this game is like turning you back on all the retarded mistakes you made during it. Its like not learning from mistakes. I dont agree with it. AT ALL.

Honestly the ball should not have neen buried it should have been displayed in a pedistle in the locker room. And the team should be in the film room watching every distrubing moment.

Turning your back on this game is like turning you back on all the retarded mistakes you made during it. Its like not learning from mistakes. I dont agree with it. AT ALL.

Oh god, theyre professional athletes! They know they ******* sucked! I love being a Jet fan but seriously I've never seen such an up and down fan base its insane and a little pathetic. Good thing the players dont hold on to and cry over losses as much as some of you guys on this board do or we'd be in trouble. You bury the ball to move on from it, **** that game its OVER. Learn from it and move the **** on. Theres not a person in here that at the beginning of the season wouldnt have signed up for a 9-3 record and the possibility of clinching a playoff spot in week 12! Sure they have their problems but they had their problems last year too didnt they? Last year at this time we thought the season was over and end up in the AFC Championship game. Quit ******* sulking and be a fan of a team that not only has a chance this year but is moving in the right direction.

Oh god, theyre professional athletes! They know they ******* sucked! I love being a Jet fan but seriously I've never seen such an up and down fan base its insane and a little pathetic. Good thing the players dont hold on to and cry over losses as much as some of you guys on this board do or we'd be in trouble. You bury the ball to move on from it, **** that game its OVER. Learn from it and move the **** on. Theres not a person in here that at the beginning of the season wouldnt have signed up for a 9-3 record and the possibility of clinching a playoff spot in week 12! Sure they have their problems but they had their problems last year too didnt they? Last year at this time we thought the season was over and end up in the AFC Championship game. Quit ******* sulking and be a fan of a team that not only has a chance this year but is moving in the right direction.

What you dont understand is that the weaknesses of this team have been pointed out all year and honestly no matter how much you call it crying by the fan base I call it observation and obvious flaws in a team some picked for a SB. As a fan I hope to god the Jets just tear through the rest of the season and destroy everyone in the playoffs and win a SB as a person who knows the game of football I relaize this is proabbly a fans pipe dream. I would love to be wrong but I dont think I am. The problems that exist now have existed all year and are not getting fixed for whatever reason and if that does not concern a dedicateed football fan then I dont know what will.

Agreed. Its ridiculous and as you know since we've gone head to head before, I'm typically on the negative side of things.

Regarding keeping the ball; I've seen this said a couple of times and I disagree. Thats not the message Rex was trying to send. He wants the team to put that loss past them and not to dwell on it. The 4th quarter of the season is coming and having a ball around to remind them of the a$$ whipping they got doesnt seem to serve the point Rex is trying to make.

And another thing shady, my idea was meant to motivate. Sometimes anger about how bad you played will create enough motivation to go out and crush the phins. So its not all gloom and doom in my post its a diffent method of motivation

Agreed. Its ridiculous and as you know since we've gone head to head before, I'm typically on the negative side of things.

Regarding keeping the ball; I've seen this said a couple of times and I disagree. Thats not the message Rex was trying to send. He wants the team to put that loss past them and not to dwell on it. The 4th quarter of the season is coming and having a ball around to remind them of the a$$ whipping they got doesnt seem to serve the point Rex is trying to make.

haha I know you are but its good to see someone positive on a 9-3 team's message board for ****s sake.

I completely agree. The level of negativity is mind blowing. Yes it was a bad loss but it still only counts as 1 loss and we're 1-1 with the Pats this year. It wasnt the Jets night, they werent prepared and when a game get out of hand with a team like the patriots its only gonna spiral which is exactly what happened. Now they just have to move on and beat their ****in asses if we see them in the playoffs.

JIF you know the problems this team has and you also know they have been present all year long. Lack of any defense up the middle namely the safties, lack of any type of consistent offense to speak of and a lack of a pass rush. Have you as a Jet fan seen any improvements in these areas ?? All I have seen is the team taking steps backwards sure were 9-3 and we have leared to win close games which is one of the positives we can take from the season but what will that get you when you get destroyed by soild defenses in the playoffs and go 1 and out ?

And another thing shady my idea was meant to motivate sometimes anger about how bad you played will create enough motivation to go out and crush to phins. So its not all gloom and doom in my post its a diffent method of motivation

I didnt mean to point to you as an example honestly, theres much worse doom and gloom people I've seen in here. I was just tired of reading peopl'es posts saying they should never forget about this game and watch the film over and over to remind them they sucked. They know.

What you dont understand is that the weaknesses of this team have been pointed out all year and honestly no matter how much you call it crying by the fan base I call it observation and obvious flaws in a team some picked for a SB. As a fan I hope to god the Jets just tear through the rest of the season and destroy everyone in the playoffs and win a SB as a person who knows the game of football I relaize this is proabbly a fans pipe dream. I would love to be wrong but I dont think I am. The problems that exist now have existed all year and are not getting fixed for whatever reason and if that does not concern a dedicateed football fan then I dont know what will.

Smash, this may be true but through all that they are STILL 9-3. Last year they had much worse issues, specifically offensive issues and look where that got them.

I didnt mean to point to you as an example honestly, theres much worse doom and gloom people I've seen in here. I was just tired of reading peopl'es posts saying they should never forget about this game and watch the film over and over to remind them they sucked. They know.

We can only hope they got something out of this =. Also whats done is done, Rex knows how to motivate so Ill defer to his tactic and hope we kill the next 4 teams on the schedule. Looking forward :) I think alot of questions about this team will be answered in the Steeler and Chicago game. We have not moved the ball vs a top notch defense in years if we continue that trend then something has to be done, something must be done.

To me it was one of the best moves I've seen a coach make. This team has lost focus and they really believe they are better than they are. The loss may set them straight, but the ball ceremony will. It makes the game real. It shows them that it does matter. Its not just about collecting your check. These guys will respond.

We can only hope they got something out of this =. Also whats done is done, Rex knows how to motivate so Ill defer to his tactic and hope we kill the next 4 teams on the schedule. Looking forward :)I think alot of questions about this team will be answered in the Steeler and Chicago game. We have not moved the ball vs a top notch defense in years if we continue that trend then something has to be done, something must be done.

Agreed. Theyre gonna have to make a statement these last few games to be feared again.

Smash, this may be true but through all that they are STILL 9-3. Last year they had much worse issues, specifically offensive issues and look where that got them.

Your right we are 9-3 because of one of the positive things we can take from this season we have learned to be clutch and pull out the close games in the 4th quarter. Thats what winning teams do. If this were last year or the year before we would be 6-6 or 5-7. But whats funny is this teams seems to be learning kind of a$$ backwards. Very weird how this team is shaping up.

JIF you know the problems this team has and you also know they have been present all year long. Lack of any defense up the middle namely the safties, lack of any type of consistent offense to speak of and a lack of a pass rush. Have you as a Jet fan seen any improvements in these areas ?? All I have seen is the team taking steps backwards sure were 9-3 and we have leared to win close games which is one of the positives we can take from the season but what will that get you when you get destroyed by soild defenses in the playoffs and go 1 and out ?

Honestly Smash, I have seen improvements on both sides of the ball, but its just not consistent yet. Luckily the season didnt end on Monday Night.

I thought the defense was outstanding vs. the Bengals. Gresham and Shipley can really hurt teams that dont defend the middle well and they really werent any where to be seen on Thanksgiving. They couldnt run the ball, and we completely shut down TO and OchoCino. The Bengals have been putting up points this year win or lose and we shut them down. Eric Smith, Calvin Pace...all had their best games.

I was hoping we could carry that momentum into NE, but we didnt. The offense looked terrible, the defense looked terrible, specials looked terrible, it happens.

What frustrates me, is how prior to MNF, the weakness were there, no doubt, but the team was finding ways to win and it was pretty unanimous that this was a different Jets team. Possibly the best team in the NFL, even with the perceived weakness (that every team has). Now all of a sudden these weaknesses are too much to overcome, and I think that b.s. We have the talent and the coaching staff to make it work...its just needs to click. I got a feeling it will on Sunday. I think we smoke the fish.

Honestly Smash, I have seen improvements on both sides of the ball, but its just not consistent yet. Luckily the season didnt end on Monday Night.

I thought the defense was outstanding vs. the Bengals. Gresham and Shipley can really hurt teams that dont defend the middle well and they really werent any where to be seen on Thanksgiving. They couldnt run the ball, and we completely shut down TO and OchoCino. The Bengals have been putting up points this year win or lose and we shut them down. Eric Smith, Calvin Pace...all had their best games.

I was hoping we could carry that momentum into NE, but we didnt. The offense looked terrible, the defense looked terrible, specials looked terrible, it happens.

What frustrates me, is how prior to MNF, the weakness were there, no doubt, but the team was finding ways to win and it was pretty unanimous that this was a different Jets team. Possibly the best team in the NFL, even with the perceived weakness (that every team has). Now all of a sudden these weaknesses are too much to overcome, and I think that b.s. We have the talent and the coaching staff to make it work...its just needs to click. I got a feeling it will on Sunday. I think we smoke the fish.

JIF your pointing out things aganist a 2-8 team thats in total dissarray and has been playing bad all season and claiming we improved ? I want to see that improvement vs the Patriots, the Steelers, The Bears ........ Not the bengals and not th sh*t head teams we should have destroyed that we had to come back and win in the 4th quarter.

The patriots proved to us you can go 17-0 and lose the most important game of the season. So us being 9-3 makes me happy in one sense but when the playoffs role around that record goes away and you hope your prepared . One thing I can tell you very confidently is the Jets have not scored a TD vs the 2 top defense on their schedule (rav and pack) and they didnt score aganist the worst defense in one of the biggest games of alot of these players lives a game that had so many differnt things tied to it was mind boggling.

Lets just leave it at this JIF, we wont agree with each others explanations here, we almost never do when we disagree, lets just see what happens when we play the Bears and the Steelers. While I hope to god we drop 50 with 4 TD passes and 200 yards rushing on each Im pretty sure will be lucky to score more than 10 points in each game unless its fumble fest or special teams abberation.

To me it was one of the best moves I've seen a coach make. This team has lost focus and they really believe they are better than they are. The loss may set them straight, but the ball ceremony will. It makes the game real. It shows them that it does matter. Its not just about collecting your check. These guys will respond.

And who exactly made them think they were better than they are ? Wasent that one of Rex's motivating factors as well ? ;)

Where did they bury the ball. I hope not on the property... That is like when they found the Redsox Jersey when they we building the new yankee stadium. I like the concept of burying it (I would have burned it) but that ball does not need to remain on the Jets Property.

And who exactly made them think they were better than they are ? Wasent that one of Rex's motivating factors as well ? ;)

and the press and the fans, and their family and friends. You need to have confidence to succeed. Too much confidence gives you Monday.

Archived