Red Sox Add Jenks; Yanks Lose Wood

CrazyCarl40

maybe the Yankees are trying to cut back on salary this year and settle for the wildcard lmao

This is a 'bridge' year for the Yankees and Rays.

Unfortunately for the Rays, their hitting is going to be horrible and there is no way they win 96 games for the next few years. David Price has an excellent chance to match King Felix's 13 win Cy.

The Yanks still have a good line-up and decent 1-3 starters. They can survive and then pick-up a starter at the trade deadline if they do not score one before then.

Red Sox added Dan Wheeler to the bullpen. Safe to say the Red Sox are winning the arms race and the offseason.

1. Congrats on your off season World Championship

2. I haven't heard one peep complaining now that the Sawx spend as much as the Yanks

3. The Yanks will NEVER EVER take a back seat to your Sawx.

Enjoy your Sawxie Fan circle jerk

2. I haven't heard one peep complaining now that the Sawx spend as much as the Yanks

pot-kettle-black.jpg

lol well it is true - nobody is ripping the Red Sox for their spending like the Yankees would be getting ripped

I still don't think the division is over...hell I still like the Yankees lineup better if Jeter doesn't have a repeat of last year

Cano, Tex, A-rod, Jeter, GRanderson, GArdiner, Swisher, Posada/Martin - this lineup goes hard as anyone

• 2 weeks later...

Amen. The Sox fans cry about money when the Yankees spend it. Not so much complaining now, lol.

I have always said I would like to see a cap an even playing field for all teams. But that isn't going to happen. The Sox are having a very good offseason though. For the Yankees is that if Burnett bounces back they will be okay.

Cashman misses a bunch when he overspends on players (Giambi, Pavano)... so seeing the Yankees have to be creative here could be very good for the long haul. They can slug their way to the postseason and see what the rotation looks like in July. I am not writing off Joba yet either as a starter. Let's see what the new pitching coach can do...

Archived