Matt Flynn... For The M F'ing WIN!

Integrity28

I'm calling it right now... the Patriots won't win a playoff game this year.

The Patriots are an elite, efficient offense that is coupled with a porous, sh*tty defense. But they win games overall because they don't turn the ball over and they force turnovers.

They didn't luck completely into 12-2. Their offense has carried them throughout and bails out their defense. On a given day they are susceptible to losing in a shoot-out, but I don't see them being a one and done team. Though I think the Ravens would give them problems.

The Patriots are an elite, efficient offense that is coupled with a porous, sh*tty defense. But they win games overall because they don't turn the ball over and they force turnovers.

They didn't luck completely into 12-2. Their offense has carried them throughout and bails out their defense. On a given day they are susceptible to losing in a shoot-out, but I don't see them being a one and done team. Though I think the Ravens would give them problems.

I also think they came out flat tonight as of a result of reading too many press reports about their decimation of Jets and Bears coupled with having little worries about facing a QB in his first start. This close call should help them focus.

I agree of the likely AFC play off teams I think Ravens are the toughest match up for the Pats, followed by Steelers than Jets. But with all the playoff teams any given Sunday.

I'm calling it right now... the Patriots won't win a playoff game this year.

It's really going to depend on the matchup. I don't think you can blow them out at home, and the weather up in Foxboro is going to be pretty brutal. QB's simply can't make mistakes there with the crowd, weather, and the way Brady's been in that stadium. You have to take advantage of what they give you at the end of games. No team in the league makes better on missed opportunities than the Pats. Whatever team makes the trek is going to have to play a mistake-free game and linebackers who play the game of their life in coverage.

Watching the Chicago game and tonight's, I still can't for the life of me figure out what Rex's defensive plan was for that Monday night game.

It's really going to depend on the matchup. I don't think you can blow them out at home, and the weather up in Foxboro is going to be pretty brutal. QB's simply can't make mistakes there with the crowd, weather, and the way Brady's been in that stadium. You have to take advantage of what they give you at the end of games. No team in the league makes better on missed opportunities than the Pats. Whatever team makes the trek is going to have to play a mistake-free game and linebackers who play the game of their life in coverage.

Watching the Chicago game and tonight's, I still can't for the life of me figure out what Rex's defensive plan was for that Monday night game.

The phrase "abortion of a game" gets thrown around a lot these days...

I also think they came out flat tonight as of a result of reading too many press reports about their decimation of Jets and Bears coupled with having little worries about facing a QB in his first start. This close call should help them focus.

I agree of the likely AFC play off teams I think Ravens are the toughest match up for the Pats, followed by Steelers than Jets. But with all the playoff teams any given Sunday.

To beat the Pats you need creative playcallers (offense and defense), a physical running game that can dominate the line of scrimmage and a defense that can stuff the run and rush the passer.

Green Bay played a near perfect game for 3 plus quarters but couldn't close us out when they had their chance. Baltimore, Kansas City, and the Jets are all capable of playing the type of football required to beat us. KC is especially dangerous to us b/c of their coaching staff (Weis & Crennel). Our ex-coaches have done well against us and those two in KC are the best of the bunch, plus they're on the same team together. Regardless of whatever we do in the regular season, the playoffs are a whole different animal. Anything can happen in a single elimination tournament.

New England wasn't expecting McCarthy to open it up with the kid making his first start and I guess Green Bay had enough confidence in him to take that bait. Can't say I blame him and that's the mentality you should have going in. For the most part it worked, and crazy plays aside, you simply can't be that unprepared for a 2-minute drill against Belichick. He'll beat you every time if your offense isn't completely ready for that situation.

New England wasn't expecting McCarthy to open it up with the kid making his first start and I guess Green Bay had enough confidence in him to take that bait. Can't say I blame him and that's the mentality you should have going in. For the most part it worked, and crazy plays aside, you simply can't be that unprepared for a 2-minute drill against Belichick. He'll beat you every time if your offense isn't completely ready for that situation.

I was a bit surprised that the team seemed to be caught so off guard to the screen game. I would think Belichick would've expected that. Young QB making his first start and all. It's almost standard procedure for teams to rely on the screen game in those situations.

I think one factor that most will probably dismiss is the fact that we're missing 4 Dlinemen (not counting Ty Warren). Our depth on the DL has been decimated in recent weeks. The guys we have had to play practically the whole game b/c we don't have the depth right now to rotate them like we normally would. When healthy, we're far better against the run than we showed tonight. Spikes absense may have also been a factor as he's much better against the run than Guyton. Injuries are part of the game though. Most teams lose when they're decimated but our guys find a way. I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!

Things that impressed me in this game.

1. Greenbay play calling...particularly the onside kick to start the game.

2. Flynn - not withstanding his mistakes in the 2 minute drive he did awesome for someone getting their first NFL start. And had a damn good game by any standard.

3. Connolly -- you guys think Brad Smith is versatile. This guy plays right guard, left guard, full back and returned a kickoff 71 yards all in the same game.

BTW the Jets offensive play calling was like night and day from the past few games. First time I have seen it a long time and thought wow that was creative and tricky. Particularly that TD Sanchez ran in.

Archived