The Three Teams Bill Cowher Wants To Coach Next Year Are...

SoFlaJets

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's just say I'd do some things in the mod lounge that I wouldn't be proud of to have that happen.

Ha! You'd be proud if it resulted in a Jets SB...lol.

Nah seriously, the guy has proven time and time again that he can produce competitive teams in one of the more competitive divisions in the league. In the NFL, all you need is a competitive team to get hot at the right time and you can hoist the Lombardi. The Giants would be foolish to replace Coughlin...IMO.

Ha! You'd be proud if it resulted in a Jets SB...lol.

Nah seriously, the guy has proven time and time again that he can produce competitive teams in one of the more competitive divisions in the league. In the NFL, all you need is a competitive team to get hot at the right time and you can hoist the Lombardi. The Giants would be foolish to replace Coughlin...IMO.

That's probably true. I mean, how long did it take Cowher to finally win a ring? He's not a god. Going from one retread to another would be retread-arted.

If I'm Tom Coughlin, Tony Sparano or Gary Kubiak, Cowher is getting an angry phone call from me this morning.

Classless move by Cowher to do this. Completely classless.

Bullsh*t. He had his agent leak this info. How the hell else do you think it got out there?

Cowher, as a paid analyst by CBS can't come right out and say he wants to coach again and he certainly can't comment on specific jobs, especially ones that aren't open. So his has his agent leak word that he is interested in coaching again and puts out specific feelers to the teams Cowher would like to coach.

If Cowher winds up with any of these jobs, especially the Giants, you can bet this leak is what set the wheels in motion, which would by default mean it led to one of these guys being fired.

:face:

No. I am saying that usually when stories get leaked that are as specific as this (literally putting the three teams in order of where he wants to go) they tend to have some truth to them.

I am further saying that if this is true, it wouldn't make sense for Cowher to say anything to Boomer about it because he wouldn't want anything being contributed directly to him because that would make him look bad.

This was most likely not meant for public consumption. Cowher most likely just wanted to quietly get word to the teams he is interested in coaching. But you've gotta know that in this day and age someone is going to leak info like this to the media. It's too juicy not to give up.

:face: is right.

You said it was a classless move by Cowher. Completely classless. Then you said that he didn't mean it for public consumption. Then how is it classless? You seem to have this all figured out when you don't even know the who, what, when, where or why of the leak. I've been reading bullsh*t about where Cowher was going to end up for four years. Obviously every report hasn't been credible.

But does it really matter? They are always competitive and he brought them a Championship.

It matters because Jets fans would never tolerate the crap that Coughlin gets away with. Annual flops. His "leadership council"? Fining players for being 5 minutes early to practice? His I'm a hardass, I don't tolerate any crap, crap while he tolerates bullsh*t from Tiki, Shockey and Strahan? His we are a class organization and run a tight ship baloney while guys are off in clubs shooting themselves - then they stand by the guy until he refuses to give up his signing bonus. The guy is douche and he gets away with it because of a couple of lucky wins and a good matchup. He owes Spagnuolo plenty.

He owes Spagnuolo plenty.

Bingo. Just look at what he's done for the Rams already. Say what you will about the NFC West, but if the Rams go from laughing stock to division winners in 2 years he absolutely deserves coach of the year. Sam Bradford is simply producing despite having NO receivers, and their defense is quietly a consistent overachiever week after week.

:face: is right.

You said it was a classless move by Cowher. Completely classless. Then you said that he didn't mean it for public consumption. Then how is it classless? You seem to have this all figured out when you don't even know the who, what, when, where or why of the leak. I've been reading bullsh*t about where Cowher was going to end up for four years. Obviously every report hasn't been credible.

It matters because Jets fans would never tolerate the crap that Coughlin gets away with. Annual flops. His "leadership council"? Fining players for being 5 minutes early to practice? His I'm a hardass, I don't tolerate any crap, crap while he tolerates bullsh*t from Tiki, Shockey and Strahan? His we are a class organization and run a tight ship baloney while guys are off in clubs shooting themselves - then they stand by the guy until he refuses to give up his signing bonus. The guy is douche and he gets away with it because of a couple of lucky wins and a good matchup. He owes Spagnuolo plenty.

I don't care if he meant for it to go public or not, and if he didn't think it would go public he's pretty effin' stupid, especially for someone who works for a media organization, he is still angling for jobs that aren't open which is classless.

One of these teams fires their coach thinking they can get Cowher and then he doesn't come. What then? What if they would have retained their coach had Cowher not let this leak?

Bingo. Just look at what he's done for the Rams already. Say what you will about the NFC West, but if the Rams go from laughing stock to division winners in 2 years he absolutely deserves coach of the year. Sam Bradford is simply producing despite having NO receivers, and their defense is quietly a consistent overachiever week after week.

I think Bradford deserves more credit than Spags.

I don't care if he meant for it to go public or not, and if he didn't think it would go public he's pretty effin' stupid, especially for someone who works for a media organization, he is still angling for jobs that aren't open which is classless.

One of these teams fires their coach thinking they can get Cowher and then he doesn't come. What then? What if they would have retained their coach had Cowher not let this leak?

Why do I care? If one of those teams puts all their eggs in an unsubstantiated report from Boomer and Carton or whatever dumbass talk radio show made up this story they deserve what they get. Your indignation is amusing.

Once again, you say he is stupid and classless for leaking something while you admit that he (is classy and smart enough that he) wouldn't leak it to a guy, no a friend, with a radio show. Makes no sense. Now go bang your hand on your head again. :face: :face: :face:

Why do I care? If one of those teams puts all their eggs in an unsubstantiated report from Boomer and Carton or whatever dumbass talk radio show made up this story they deserve what they get. Your indignation is amusing.

Once again, you say he is stupid and classless for leaking something while you admit that he (is classy and smart enough that he) wouldn't leak it to a guy, no a friend, with a radio show. Makes no sense. Now go bang your hand on your head again. :face: :face: :face:

Wow! Talk about missing the point.

He wouldn't leak it to Boomer because Boomer could attribute the story directly to him. How does that make him classy or smart at all? That only confirms my earlier points.

If he tried to feed this info quietly to the teams in question he is an idiot for not realizing that someone along the line would leak it to the media.

He is classless for lobbying for jobs that currently aren't open.

Like he couldn't just wait two whole weeks to see who gets fired and then let it be known that he is interested? Does he really think he wouldn't be high on someone's list? Every time there's been a coaching vacancy the last three years his name gets thrown out there.

If Cowher wants to coach again he will effectively have his choice of jobs. There is no need to leak this info.

However, if Cowher wants to coach a specific team and doesn't think the current coach will be fired unless ownership knows he is interested he does what he did. And that is classless.

Wow! Talk about missing the point.

He wouldn't leak it to Boomer because Boomer could attribute the story directly to him. How does that make him classy or smart at all? That only confirms my earlier points.

If he tried to feed this info quietly to the teams in question he is an idiot for not realizing that someone along the line would leak it to the media.

He is classless for lobbying for jobs that currently aren't open.

Like he couldn't just wait two whole weeks to see who gets fired and then let it be known that he is interested? Does he really think he wouldn't be high on someone's list? Every time there's been a coaching vacancy the last three years his name gets thrown out there.

If Cowher wants to coach again he will effectively have his choice of jobs. There is no need to leak this info.

However, if Cowher wants to coach a specific team and doesn't think the current coach will be fired unless ownership knows he is interested he does what he did. And that is classless.

Your point is stupid.

It's talk radio. Who was that moron with all the twitter scoops that said Revis would sign? That's the level of fact checking we are dealing with. You want to believe it fine, but don't expect me to join you in your crusade against Bill Cowher. Why wouldn't he just wait the two weeks? He can pick his job or he can wait it out. He's not hurting financially and I have heard definitive reports about him going several places that were completely bogus.

Last week some fans were calling for Rex to get fired and be replaced by Cowher. Of course, they forget that Cowher has an awful record against Belichick.

Before Rex arrived Cowher looked like an outstanding option compared to his predecessors. No one could beat New England, much less Herm or Mangini, so Cowher seemed like a good option to at least beat everyone else and get us to the playoffs.

Now that Rex has shown he can beat the Pats (while also, admittedly, showing how far we still have to go to topple them) AND get us postseason victories, all the while being a highly entertaining guy to root for, it would be hard to imagine life without him.

Your point is stupid.

It's talk radio. Who was that moron with all the twitter scoops that said Revis would sign? That's the level of fact checking we are dealing with. You want to believe it fine, but don't expect me to join you in your crusade against Bill Cowher. Why wouldn't he just wait the two weeks? He can pick his job or he can wait it out. He's not hurting financially and I have heard definitive reports about him going several places that were completely bogus.

:rl:

Klecko, meet Dom ;)

Your point is stupid.

I couldn't possibly care less if you agree with me. Your assertion that Boomer pooh poohed this so that makes it not true is completely naive.

I have no crusade against Cowher. I simply think he is an overrated coach whom I sincerely hope ends up in Miami because that would doom them to continued mediocrity. I just didn't think he was classless and would lobby for jobs that are currently held by his colleagues.

I couldn't possibly care less if you agree with me. Your assertion that Boomer pooh poohed this so that makes it not true is completely naive.

I have no crusade against Cowher. I simply think he is an overrated coach whom I sincerely hope ends up in Miami because that would doom them to continued mediocrity. I just didn't think he was classless and would lobby for jobs that are currently held by his colleagues.

I'm naive, but you blindly believe an item from sports radio? One you didn't even hear personally, but got 3rd hand here at JN? I'll admit that I learned Michael Jackson died here before my family in NYC, but that doesn't mean everything you read is true. I give this a 25% chance of being true. A 3% chance of that being a complete list.

:hand:

Childs play.

Dude, I'm not letting you touch me there. I don't care how nicely you ask.

I'm naive, but you blindly believe an item from sports radio? One you didn't even hear personally, but got 3rd hand here at JN? I'll admit that I learned Michael Jackson died here before my family in NYC, but that doesn't mean everything you read is true. I give this a 25% chance of being true. A 3% chance of that being a complete list.

Are you questioning Klecko's integrity as a JN poster? here, on the internet? shame on you!

I don't blindly believe it either. I think its very possibly true because rumors that specific tend to have some truth to them.

You're the one who is taking Boomer's word as the gospel truth. I mean, c'mon dude. :rl:

in this order according to Mike and Mike this morning...

1-The New York Football Giants

2-The Stinking Fish and

3-The Houston TEXANS? Really?

The Texans job is going to be hot...very hot...the team is loaded with young talent and what football coach doesn't want to coach in Texas? They f*ckin love football over there.

I'm not so sure what's so hot about Cowher...how many retread coaches do anything significant with their second team? I think he'd be luckier to have the Giants than the Giants would be to have him...that Giants team is loaded and they've got a crapload of good players entering their primes now...particularly Tuck and Eli.

I give this a 25% chance of being true. A 3% chance of that being a complete list.

I don't blindly believe it either. I think its very possibly true because rumors that specific tend to have some truth to them.

You're the one who is taking Boomer's word as the gospel truth. I mean, c'mon dude. :rl:

I don't know what church you go to, but I consider the gospel truth better than 75%. I also tend not to call people out as classless based upon "its very possibly true because rumors that specific tend to have some truth to them". There is a very good chance that whatever douchebag came up with this story simply looked at teams that have playoff potential and have looked like sh*t. Last week it probably would have had the Titans in place of the Giants.

The Texans job is going to be hot...very hot...the team is loaded with young talent and what football coach doesn't want to coach in Texas? They f*ckin love football over there.

I'm not so sure what's so hot about Cowher...how many retread coaches do anything significant with their second team? Then again that Giants team is loaded and they've got a crapload of good players entering their primes now...particularly Tuck and Eli.

Agreed. Not only that but I honestly outside of Peyton Manning (and I mean Peyton, not the Colts) who do you have to fear in that division?

-Giants have to face the Eagles, Cowboys twice a year and who knows if Leatherface gets the Skins turned around. It's not an easy division by any stretch of the imagination.

-The Phins have to face the Patriots and ourselves twice a year. Another division that is notoriously difficult.

The Texans have the young talent there, they have a good QB, a stud WR and at this point making the playoffs would be seen as a huge success on the coach's part.

Agreed. Not only that but I honestly outside of Peyton Manning (and I mean Peyton, not the Colts) who do you have to fear in that division?

-Giants have to face the Eagles, Cowboys twice a year and who knows if Leatherface gets the Skins turned around. It's not an easy division by any stretch of the imagination.

-The Phins have to face the Patriots and ourselves twice a year. Another division that is notoriously difficult.

The Texans have the young talent there, they have a good QB, a stud WR and at this point making the playoffs would be seen as a huge success on the coach's part.

Hiring one of the old school HCs might work out well for them because of your last two lines there. It might be smarter than going with a young guy actually...but that just might be natural conservatism. I like the idea of John Fox there.

Hiring one of the old school HCs might work out well for them because of your last two lines there. It might be smarter than going with a young guy actually...but that just might be natural conservatism. I like the idea of John Fox there.

Taking the Texans job is the "easy" way out. And for a veteran HC what better way to make yourself look like a genius than "getting into the playoffs". Hell, John Gruden is still a desired commodity and what did he really do outside of taking an already good team and put them over the top? Right, a SB is no small achievement but he did for the most part take another mans team and win it all. Outside of that he did very little. He's not a bad coach, just not as great as some make him out to be.

Do you really think that an organization is going to fire a HC because of something that was leaked by a "credible" source on Mike and Mike? :blink:

Do you really think that an organization is going to fire a HC because of something that was leaked by a "credible" source on Mike and Mike? :blink:

I would think that the organizations in question could confirm the info very easily prior to firing anyone. You see there are these new devices called "telephones"..... :rolleyes:

Archived