It all comes down to Sanchez on Sunday

Gainzo

Sanchez has been extremely inconsistent this season but has pulled out games a number of times (Clutch stuff IMO). For all the talk of the Jets being road warriors no one has mentioned that Sanchez is 0-2 in Foxboro. And its an ugly 0-2 for Sanchez.

2009: 8/21, 136YD, 1TD, 4INT.

2010: 17/33, 164YD, 0TD, 3INT.

Off the top of my head I think all of the INT's turned into Pats points.

Sanchez has been extremely inconsistent this season but has pulled out games a number of times (Clutch stuff IMO). For all the talk of the Jets being road warriors no one has mentioned that Sanchez is 0-2 in Foxboro. And its an ugly 0-2 for Sanchez.

You left out how "gritty" he is.

No respect for the grit factor.

Sanchez DEFINITELY has to play better this Sunday. He can't be as bad as he was the 1st half against the Colts.

Also, to Sanchez' benefit, the weather won't be as cold on Sunday afternoon as it was his 2 previous trips to Foxboro (both at night).

Sanchez DEFINITELY has to play better this Sunday. He can't be as bad as he was the 1st half against the Colts.

Also, to Sanchez' benefit, the weather won't be as cold on Sunday afternoon as it was his 2 previous trips to Foxboro (both at night).

I took a look at the extended forecast and the high is going to be 31 and the low 17. As the game starts at 4:30 I would expect the temp to be in the mid 20's for most of the game.

I know you are being sarcastic but Sanchez's past performances in Foxboro have to be a concern to Jets fans right?

I'm concerned about every Sanchez performance.

But this is not exclusive to Foxboro. In the 45-3 blowout the Jets were down 0-17 before Sanchez threw his 1st pick so I don't know how we can look at that as some barometer. You think the Jets are going to be down 0-17 again?

I took a look at the extended forecast and the high is going to be 31 and the low 17. As the game starts at 4:30 I would expect the temp to be in the mid 20's for most of the game.

Yeah, I checked the forecast. Slight wind as well. That's spring weather compared to the last game at Foxboro.

I know you are being sarcastic but Sanchez's past performances in Foxboro have to be a concern to Jets fans right?

Quite frankly I am more concerned about Brady than Sanchez.

There simply is no surviving if Brady has it all going his way.

Sanchez shortcomings can be hidden with an effective run game. If the NYJ run game is clicking and Sanchez doesnt have to pass much NYJ can win.

I'm concerned about every Sanchez performance.

But this is not exclusive to Foxboro. In the 45-3 blowout the Jets were down 0-17 before Sanchez threw his 1st pick so I don't know how we can look at that as some barometer. You think the Jets are going to be down 0-17 again?

I have no idea what is going to happen on Sunday but when Sanchez turns the ball over in Foxboro it leads to points for the Pats. Sanchez threw his 1st pick of the game at the Pats 7 when the Jets marched down the field to open the 3rd down 24-3. As the Pats scored on the next drive the score went from a potential 24-10 to a game over 31-3.

Sanchez is a young QB...he is learning on the fly. He has no mentor as most QB's have. He is 3 and 1 in the playoffs. He beat Manning and the Colts. He played a very good game with a bum shoulder. Give the kid credit. In two to 3 years, he will be considered one of the elite QB's in the league, but thats for another discussion.

To a man, the Jets know their job. Their job is to come out and play smart football. We have the talent to beat any team in the NFL and that's a fact. They have the mental toughness of what it takes for a team to over come all the adversity that comes....Sanchez will be fine. Lets see how the Pats handle the fact when we push them around, manhandle the D and O line like we did in the first game.

Let's see how they handle that...in the end if we play our game and all aspects of our team is firing....we win this game....PERIOD

Quite frankly I am more concerned about Brady than Sanchez.

There simply is no surviving if Brady has it all going his way.

Sanchez shortcomings can be hidden with an effective run game. If the NYJ run game is clicking and Sanchez doesnt have to pass much NYJ can win.

Excellent point. Did you know that Sanchez attempted more passes than Brady this season?

I have no idea what is going to happen on Sunday but when Sanchez turns the ball over in Foxboro it leads to points for the Pats. Sanchez threw his 1st pick of the game at the Pats 7 when the Jets marched down the field to open the 3rd down 24-3. As the Pats scored on the next drive the score went from a potential 24-10 to a game over 31-3.

Not just Sanchez' TOs. As you know, the Pats live off TOs. If Sanchez throws picks there are increased odds of the Pats scoring.

My point was that at 24-3 the game was essentially over even if Sanchez threw a pick at the Pats' 7. The Jets had shown no ability to stop the Pats at that point. Seriously. The Jets gave up 24 points in the first half without turning the ball over.

Excellent point. Did you know that Sanchez attempted more passes than Brady this season?

More attempts, but not surprisingly less completions.

I catch alot of grief around here for not being a Sanchez ballwarmer.

Still, after seeing what the o-line / run game did to pull out the last game I think we can keep TB on the bench for 35 minutes and keep it close.

May I remind you fellas that Sanchez's balls are still in the process of descending.

If the defense doesn't play lights out Sunday, we're gonna be rooting for Pitt/Balt to beat the Pats the following weekend. All we need is for Sanchez not to lose the game for us, providing the defense & running game keeps it close.

Archived