Why not question the Pats weaknesses

Smashmouth

Isn't the Pats' margin of victory over the past month something like 30 points? Which weakness would you like to talk about? No Vinatieri?

Since the Browns kicked the crap out of the Pats they have given up 26, 28, 24, 3, 7, 27, 3 & 7 points. In the same amount of games the Jets have given up 20, 27, 10, 45, 10, 17, 34 & 7 points.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate the Patriots.

I want the Jets to crush them. I think the Jets have a good chance to win the game.

Where you and I differ is that I don't feel the need to have the media hold my hand and tell me it's going to be OK.

Obviously, you do.

Never said I wanted the media to hold the Jets hand at all. NEVER. I want them to point out obvious weaknesses on all the teams but they can't seem to get Brady (or Peyton or Vick) out of their head that IMO is not knowing football. If teams are made with one player then those teams better hope to god that ONE player does not have a bad game. They kissed Micheal Vicks a$$ all year as well, even though he has had his chokes in the playoffs in the past. But lets not ever mention that though because one man Vick is all they were able to talk about.... problem for Vick was the Packers defense what a surprise :scare: . They Kissed Peytons a$$ coming into the Jets game claiming the Jets better be able to put up at least 28 points if they were going to win funny Peyton put up 16 and only 1 TD. DEFENSE When it comes to the playoffs its time to talk defense PERIOD.

OK. :rolleyes:

You with your crazy avatar and witty sig picture.

You know football.

Yet, you need the national media to validate you. :rolleyes:

What an ignorant tool you are.

Did I ask for the media to validate the Jets or my feelings about the Jets ? Reading comprehension is your friend , idiot.

I forgot more about football then you will ever know my friend.

Guest Oxoboxo

Never said I wanted the media to hold the Jets hand at all. NEVER. I want them to point out obvious weaknesses on all the teams but they can't seem to get Brady (or Peyton or Vick) out of their head that IMO is not knowing football. If teams are made with one player then those teams better hope to god that ONE player does not have a bad game. They kissed Micheal Vicks a$$ all year as well, even though he has had his chokes in the playoffs in the past. But lets not ever mention that though because one man Vick is all they were able to talk about.... problem for Vick was the Packers defense what a surprise :scare: . They Kissed Peytons a$$ coming into the Jets game claiming the Jets better be able to put up at least 28 points if they were going to win funny Peyton put up 16 and only 1 TD. DEFENSE When it comes to the playoffs its time to talk defense PERIOD.

Look, bottom line is that you and I are on the same side. We both want the same outcome - a Jets Superbowl victory.

So, us quibbling on a Jets website isn't going to do either of us any good.

I haven't had much experiece rooting for winning teams, other than my alma mater, UConn mens basketball.

Trust me when I tell you that there is no joy better than winning when the entire national media tells you you can't win.

When UConn beat Duke in 1999, NOBODY in the national media gave them a chance - despite the fact that UConn was BETTER than Duke that entire regular season. Everyone kissed Duke's a$$ because they had Mike Krzyzewski and they could do no wrong.

When UConn won that championship, it was the greatest feeling of exhilaration ever.

Five years later, when UConn won again - the national media was on their nutsacks all year. They were expected to win. When they won that championship, I felt no joy - only relief.

Right now, we want the national media to give us no chance. We want them to hang from the Patriots nutsacks like leaches. It is going to make the Jets victory this Sunday that much sweeter.

All I want to hear this week is how smart Bill Belichick is, how great Tom Brady is...it's like music to my ears.

I really don't think you want to lob an attack on my family from behind the friendly confines of your anonymous internet screen name, do you?

Are you really that lame?

I mean, please. Are you in 6th grade, or 7th?

4 things.

Apologies for the family insults. Poor taste. Uncalled for.

Stop the provocative insults or you will be flipping someone elses switch.

I am lame, I cant count.

Look, bottom line is that you and I are on the same side. We both want the same outcome - a Jets Superbowl victory.

So, us quibbling on a Jets website isn't going to do either of us any good.

I haven't had much experiece rooting for winning teams, other than my alma mater, UConn mens basketball.

Trust me when I tell you that there is no joy better than winning when the entire national media tells you you can't win.

When UConn beat Duke in 1999, NOBODY in the national media gave them a chance - despite the fact that UConn was BETTER than Duke that entire regular season. Everyone kissed Duke's a$$ because they had Mike Krzyzewski and they could do no wrong.

When UConn won that championship, it was the greatest feeling of exhilaration ever.

Five years later, when UConn won again - the national media was on their nutsacks all year. They were expected to win. When they won that championship, I felt no joy - only relief.

Right now, we want the national media to give us no chance. We want them to hang from the Patriots nutsacks like leaches. It is going to make the Jets victory this Sunday that much sweeter.

All I want to hear this week is how smart Bill Belichick is, how great Tom Brady is...it's like music to my ears.

That explaination I can deal with. When you first posted, you gave me the impression you were a Pats fan. I understand the underdog mentality and Im fine with it, I just get real sick of the constant a$$ kissing. So I vented a bit, don;t shoot me for it like you did at first :P just say Go jets and lets move on... Like you basicly just did ;)

relax smash.. he's already made the only unforgivable faux pas in the grammar nazi play book, had his own misspelling in a post in which he was attacking someone else’s. It's over, he's done. Harmless. His star has flickered out as quickly as it rose. He should be fed to whom he aspires to be, the Aten..

Love that move. Definitely one of the best fail moments on the interwebz.

But I like Boxo. He's my kind of poster. And he's right. Who gives a **** what the media thinks of the Jets. Those ******* blow hards like sucking on the Patriots dick because it makes them look good. They are the darlings of the media because 9 times out 10, the Patriots come through and give them the false sense that they actually know what they are talking about.

Taking a stance, pointing out the weakness and advocating that the Jets could exploit them, is gambling with your creditability. Instead, go with the safe bet and get carried away with it. Slob all over the nob to the point of nausea, so when its over, you can sit there with your sh*t eating I told you so grin for the whole world to see you knew what you were talking about like it was some uniquely profound prediction.

But I like Boxo. He's my kind of poster. And he's right. Who gives a **** what the media thinks of the Jets. Those ******* blow hards like sucking on the Patriots dick because it makes them look good. They are the darlings of the media because 9 times out 10, the Patriots come through and give them the false sense that they actually know what they are talking about.

I like him as well, he seems to get under klacko's skin which is a big bonus for me. All i'm saying is that he's already blown up the sarcastic know-it-all routine. I was saddenned by this development.

Taking a stance, pointing out the weakness and advocating that the Jets could exploit them, is gambling with your creditability. Instead, go with the safe bet and get carried away with it. Slob all over the nob to the point of nausea, so when its over, you can sit there with your sh*t eating I told you so grin for the whole world to see you knew what you were talking about like it was some uniquely profound prediction.

I guess Peyton and Vick were the safe bets along with Brees as well :) . Thats a whole lot of a$$ kissin that just got evicted from the SB hunt. The Saints were the only surprise IMO I expected them to have a very good shot at a repeat because they were So under he radar this year but the big blow was the loss of Pierre Thomas he always seems to make the big play at the right time and he runs like a bull.

relax smash.. he's already made the only unforgivable faux pas in the grammar nazi play book, had his own misspelling in a post in which he was attacking someone else’s. It's over, he's done. Harmless. His star has flickered out as quickly as it rose. He should be fed to whom he aspires to be, the Aten..

CB+morans.jpg

Why can't an analyst point out the weaknesses, but still say they think the Pats* will win? That person(s) would be more credible than the ones who are proclaiming them to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. I could go on ESPN and do the same thing - does that make me credible?

CB+morans.jpg

lol.. about 5 minutes after i clicked submit on that post, the light went on that I should've said, he's basically this guy: and included that picture. well done.

Now this is funny I was thinking of that picture and Shane posted it....When i called him a moron I was tempted to call him a moran.. Spooky

Why can't an analyst point out the weaknesses, but still say they think the Pats* will win? That person(s) would be more credible than the ones who are proclaiming them to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. I could go on ESPN and do the same thing - does that make me credible?

who cares. Most of these guys are idiots.

And lets face it, the pats margin of victory has been gaudy for awhile now. it's much better for the sport to sell the pats as unbeatable, makes people want to watch the greatness in action. I swear, I'm not Pats fan, but a part of me was intrigued by the idea of witnessing the 19-0 season in 2007..

I guess Peyton and Vick were the safe bets along with Brees as well :) . Thats a whole lot of a$$ kissin that just got evicted from the SB hunt. The Saints were the only surprise IMO I expected them to have a very good shot at a repeat because they were So under he radar this year but the big blow was the loss of Pierre Thomas he always seems to make the big play at the right time and he runs like a bull.

Meh, I saw a lot of people take Packers. But I mean who honestly saw the Seachickens winning that game?

I thought this thread was directed toward the love for the Patriots in the national media. They get special treatment and its overboard with them for reason I already mentioned. But that also comes from success. They proven to be the fail safe for all talking heads.

I see where my boy Boxo is coming from. Jets fans arent use to it, but when you have a good team, your cock gets sucked. I've watched this with the Gators. Hell, the Gators were presesaon ranked like #3 or some sh*t. But a realistic fan like myself, knew damn well this was a 4 loss team (unfortunately they were worse).

Good point on the Saints. I didn't follow the analysis on that game, but I'm sure that no one gave Seattle any chance at all and didn't mention any weaknesses that could be exploited. If any did, they would look like a genius right now.

**** that. That's loser talk. That's not the Rex way. These are the new New York Jets.

who cares. Most of these guys are idiots.

And lets face it, the pats margin of victory has been gaudy for awhile now. it's much better for the sport to sell the pats as unbeatable, makes people want to watch the greatness in action. I swear, I'm not Pats fan, but a part of me was intrigued by the idea of witnessing the 19-0 season in 2007..

For me, I don't think it's asking too much to have a so called expert provide a fair and balanced analysis. They do make a lot of money for doing this you know. It doesn't ruin my day or anything, but it does irk me that I could do a better job than most of these bozos while they are being paid a lot of money to do a crappy and lazy job.

BIG lol. I hope someone lays the hit of their lifetime on Brady and knocks his a$$ into next week on the god damn couch. While I think Brady is the best QB in the histroy of the game along with Joe Montana I hate the SOB with a passion.

For me, I don't think it's asking too much to have a so called expert provide a fair and balanced analysis. They do make a lot of money for doing this you know. It doesn't ruin my day or anything, but it does irk me that I could do a better job than most of these bozos while they are being paid a lot of money to do a crappy and lazy job.

I had the chance to sit and watch the taping of HBO's Inside The NFL from the control room. I believe it was Marino, Carter, Collinsworth, Costas and Peter King on set. Only Peter King had his own material. Everyone else had their info fed to their earpieces by producers and stat people. Marino didn't even know half of the players names and the writers had to correct him at the break. It was sad to watch, really.

Because 90% of them cant do it. All these blow hards on pti, arth, they dont know sh*t and are no more credible than you or I. Some of the players, ex coaches, etc who can break down film because they've been taught by pro's...they already have credit so they can do what you described. But the other jackasses who are in the majority, cant, so they go with fail safe. Suck the Patriots dick.

**** that. That's loser talk. That's not the Rex way. These are the new New York Jets.

How is that loser talk, I'm basically saying **** everyone go jets.

gfy kma pos ead

I had the chance to sit and watch the taping of HBO's Inside The NFL from the control room. I believe it was Marino, Carter, Collinsworth, Costas and Peter King on set. Only Peter King had his own material. Everyone else had their info fed to their earpieces by producers and stat people. Marino didn't even know half of the players names and the writers had to correct him at the break. It was sad to watch, really.

Pathetic, although it doesn't surprise me with Marino. I understand having former football players on there even though they don't know what they are talking about, but King is the most biased analyst around and Costas is an idiot.

Because 90% of them cant do it. All these blow hards on pti, arth, they dont know sh*t and are no more credible than you or I. Some of the players, ex coaches, etc who can break down film because they've been taught by pro's...they already have credit so they can do what you described. But the other jackasses who are in the majority, cant, so they go with fail safe. Suck the Patriots

Carl Banks does an hour on WFAN every Friday. Says absolutely nothing but "they have to run the ball and stop the run." every Friday, every team. Stop the run. Run the ball. Repeat.

Its obvious how little these guys know. They are all about the stats, nothing else. The guys like Ron Jaworski and Merrel Hoge know the game as it stands now as do most of the guys on NFL network Sterling Sharpe is good .... the best of the best is Mike Mayock IMO

Deion Sanders and Jamie Dukes are Idiots but we all know Deion is there for Comic relief. I love the work these guys do breaking down the film its very well done but please someone do something about Baldingers pinky I just want to grab it and crak it back into place.

Pathetic, although it doesn't surprise me with Marino. I understand having former football players on there even though they don't know what they are talking about, but King is the most biased analyst around and Costas is an idiot.

King loves the Pats, but so does every sportswriter who come within 500 yards of Belichick and Kraft. The Giants get the same pass, too. There's something to be said for at least pretending you're first class. Woody will never get the benefit of the doubt, and so the Jets will always be Black Sheep.

i like mayock and then.... guys like jaworski, collinsworth, even simms, but much much less.. mayock's spots on NFLN are great

Its obvious how little these guys know. They are all about the stats, nothing else. The guys like Ron Jaworski and Merrel Hoge know the game as it stands now as do most of the guys on NFL network Sterling Sharpe is good .... the best of the best is Mike Mayock IMO

Deion Sanders and Jamie Dukes are Idiots but we all know Deion is there for Comic relief. I love the work these guys do breaking down the film its very well done but please someone do something about Baldingers pinky I just want to grab it and crak it back into place.

You know what the problem is? They gear all these shows toward the super-casual fan who tunes in ONLY on Sundays, so they never even try to speak in anything but cliche. I'd bet if you let Marino stand at a chalkboard and diagram how to beat the Jets it'd be fascinating television, but it'd fly over the heads of 94% of the audience. These guys just get lazy.

I don't think they question it because it's not relevant. It doesn't matter how good or bad the defense is, nobody has been able to keep pace with the offense since it hit fifth gear.

Whoa an ALK sighting.

Best way to slow the Pats offense down: Keep them off the field.

i like mayock and then.... guys like jaworski, collinsworth, even simms, but much much less.. mayock's spots on NFLN are great

agreed on all points collinsworth is like karnac the magician, he called the edwards play, and last year he made a comment like, "why are the jets changing their coverage here, it worked all game"...then wham-o-, TD

Carl Banks does an hour on WFAN every Friday. Says absolutely nothing but "they have to run the ball and stop the run." every Friday, every team. Stop the run. Run the ball. Repeat.

Exactly. You mention Marino and the experience you had, which is pretty cool btw, but that just goes to show ya. Even those guys got their heads so far up there a$$ it ridiculous. We've all seen the youtube vids. I doubt most of them even write there own sh*t.

yeah you can defintely tell which guys actully love covering the game and take pride in their work. When guys like Mayock, Jaws and Simms know all the ins and outs of your football team you know they put in the time.

You know what the problem is? They gear all these shows toward the super-casual fan who tunes in ONLY on Sundays, so they never even try to speak in anything but cliche. I'd bet if you let Marino stand at a chalkboard and diagram how to beat the Jets it'd be fascinating television, but it'd fly over the heads of 94% of the audience. These guys just get lazy.

No Doubt ...I guess we can't expect a guy like Marino to know everything there is to know about all 32 teams (very few put that much work into it) The guys who should know all the ins and outs are the beat writers like the Cimini's of the world :rolleyes: . Its funny when you talk to friends or co workers who really dont follow your team and you hear the talking heads comming out loud and clear.

Archived