Empire State Building to honor Jets colors

4HCrew

The JETS run this entire area for the recent past... Pats & Giants can't touch the JETS

Seriously, I think Giants fans are so bitter because they realize they are NO LONGER THE TALK OF THE TOWN or even on anyone's radar. They have become New York's "other team"

It was lit up for the Jets last year during both the divisional and championship rounds. How many years has it been since it was lit for the Giants?

2008 I think-- for a couple of nights when they were 1 & done in the playoffs

I just had a conversation with my coworker who's a Bill's fan(ouch), and when I told him I was from Jersey he assumed I'm a Giant's fan. He had this theory that all Giant fans are from Jersey and Jet's fans are from Queens and NY.

That's pretty accurate. LI is also Jets country.

Only the media and NJ think the Giants matter. They also still believe that people are Mets, Jets and Nets fans because for their simplistic minds the rhyming scheme is enough proof. In reality it seems like it's usually Jets, Yankees, Knicks and either Rangers or Islanders if hockey is included. And Islanders is mostly for LI obviously.

If the Jets win an SB, this city will absolutely blow up. Even when I was back in HS when the Jets did well in 98 out in Manhattan everyone was a Jets fans, all the girls suddenly became huge Jets fans and everyone else acted as if they were always on the bandwagon. Nobody cares about the Giants, they win SBs and it's pretty much just meh.

That's pretty accurate. LI is also Jets country.

Only the media and NJ think the Giants matter. They also still believe that people are Mets, Jets and Nets fans because for their simplistic minds the rhyming scheme is enough proof. In reality it seems like it's usually Jets, Yankees, Knicks and either Rangers or Islanders if hockey is included. And Islanders is mostly for LI obviously.

If the Jets win an SB, this city will absolutely blow up. Even when I was back in HS when the Jets did well in 98 out in Manhattan everyone was a Jets fans, all the girls suddenly became huge Jets fans and everyone else acted as if they were always on the bandwagon. Nobody cares about the Giants, they win SBs and it's pretty much just meh.

Really? I dunno man, I see WAY more Jets and Mets fans then Jets and Yankees. Definitely not Nets though, ew. haha

Archived