Does Sean "Big Cat" Ellis belong on the ring of honor?

Kleckineau

Does Ellis go up there with Joe 12 Joe 73 Curtis etc?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Does Sean "Big Cat" Ellis belong on the ring of honor?

• yes, one of the best Jets ever
    • no, very good but not ring worthy
    • Depends if he retires as a Jet
    • no, too much diesel

The guy does his job, and he good at it, but i don't think he's a difference maker. He's no bruce smith.

There's no area between doing your job and Bruce Smith in your estimation? Sean Ellis is a beast against the run, and great at getting to the QB considering he's a 3-4 DE that ALWAYS faces two blockers off the line. He's not a HOF'er, but he is definitely on of the best Jets defensive lineman ever.

There's no area between doing your job and Bruce Smith in your estimation? Sean Ellis is a beast against the run, and great at getting to the QB considering he's a 3-4 DE that ALWAYS faces two blockers off the line. He's not a HOF'er, but he is definitely on of the best Jets defensive lineman ever.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, he's just not up there with the best. And any jet d linemen from the sack exchange years were better then ellis. if he comes through and has a multiple sack game and wins us a superbowl, then i'd put him as the best d linemen from the jets.

Don't get me wrong, I like the guy, he's just not up there with the best. And any jet d linemen from the sack exchange years were better then ellis. if he comes through and has a multiple sack game and wins us a superbowl, then i'd put him as the best d linemen from the jets.

So if he has one good game in the SB then he's the best DL in history for the Jets!!?? I can tell you likely never watched that sack exchange. Only Klecko was clearly better than Ellis. Gastineau was an overrated one trick pony selfish POS, and Lyons was probably the weakest overall player on the Sack Exchange. Salaam was solid, but not nearly as good or versatile overall as Ellis.

So if he has one good game in the SB then he's the best DL in history for the Jets!!?? I can tell you likely never watched that sack exchange. Only Klecko was clearly better than Ellis. Gastineau was an overrated one trick pony selfish POS, and Lyons was probably the weakest overall player on the Sack Exchange. Salaam was solid, but not nearly as good or versatile overall as Ellis.

glad you likely made a nice conclusion. i'm saying, that and combined with what the man has already done would then vault him over them. and gastineau might have been a selfish douche, but he wasn't overrated. klecko was a beast. Lyons was easily just as good. just my opinion. and i'm not saying the guy isn't good. just not the best jets d linemen we've ever had.

Archived