Haynesworth's value?

Falcon63

I call, MAJOR FOUL! Bro, you can't freakin put Ducasse in the same sentence as Gholston, at least not yet. C'mon man, the kid was a rookie and considered a project from the start. jeeeeez..

We cut Faneca the minute we drafted him and he wasn't able to beat out Slauson for the job. I'm not giving up on him or anything. It was just a point I was trying to make which was if you would spend a #2 on a Vladamir Ducasse then you can most certainly use a #3 for an Albert Hayneswort.

We cut Faneca the minute we drafted him and he wasn't able to beat out Slauson for the job. I'm not giving up on him or anything. It was just a point I was trying to make which was if you would spend a #2 on a Vladamir Ducasse then you can most certainly use a #3 for an Albert Hayneswort.

Ducasse earns $405,000 for 2011, Haynesworth will get $5.4M. I don't know that I'd make the trade straight up. It's nice to use guys other teams have soured on, but if you keep getting rotten apples sooner or later the mold will spread.

FWIW, I think they tried to trade Faneca during the draft and hoped they could pull it off. When they couldn't they dumped him. It might have had a lot to do with getting his figure off the books during the uncapped year. Gholston restructured so they didn't have to do that with him.

Ducasse earns $405,000 for 2011, Haynesworth will get $5.4M. I don't know that I'd make the trade straight up. It's nice to use guys other teams have soured on, but if you keep getting rotten apples sooner or later the mold will spread.

FWIW, I think they tried to trade Faneca during the draft and hoped they could pull it off. When they couldn't they dumped him. It might have had a lot to do with getting his figure off the books during the uncapped year. Gholston restructured so they didn't have to do that with him.

Believe me I hear ya. I just feel that Haynesworth's upside far outweighs his negative when Rex is in the picture. Maybe I drank the coolaid. Who knows?

What we have been able to do without a real force on the D line has been a good look into how good Rex is, but to think of what we could do blitze wize if we had someone who took more than one blocker would be sick. SICK I TELL YOU!!!!

F*CK THE STEELERS BY THE WAY!!!!!!!!

Believe me I hear ya. I just feel that Haynesworth's upside far outweighs his negative when Rex is in the picture. Maybe I drank the coolaid. Who knows?

What we have been able to do without a real force on the D line has been a good look into how good Rex is, but to think of what we could do blitze wize if we had someone who took more than one blocker would be sick. SICK I TELL YOU!!!!

F*CK THE STEELERS BY THE WAY!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I think I defer to Rex on ones like this, but this is a BIG MONEY risk. $5.4M and $6.7M. It's not like these low-mid dollar short term deals with Cromartie, Holmes, Edwards or Shepherd.

Yeah, I think I defer to Rex on ones like this, but this is a BIG MONEY risk. $5.4M and $6.7M. It's not like these low-mid dollar short term deals with Cromartie, Holmes, Edwards or Shepherd.

I still say if we can get him for a 3rd we do it. if you were offered that and were in the position to make the call do you turn it down?

I still say if we can get him for a 3rd we do it. if you were offered that and were in the position to make the call do you turn it down?

I probably would. It obviously depends on the cap situation, but the guy is a lazy sack and has done and said some truly detestable things. The stomp, no showing, refusing to switch positions, being out of shape, taking his payday and laying down. If I'm Mike T I'd kick the tires, but odds are against me taking it.

Why would we trade for a guy that one is an absolute fail, and two why would we trade for him when he's coming from a team that played a 3-4 that he didnt want to play in? He'll be coming to a 3-4 hybrid. Haynesworth is a joke and should have NEVER been compared to Kris Jenkins. A hurt Jenkins is more talent than a Haynesworth who quits.

We're fine and I'll pass.

Holy sh*t, read the post! I never said ANYTHING about US getting him. I actually said I DON'T want him. Plus, he IS still a top 5 DT. Having a bad attitude has nothing to do with playing ability.

I probably would. It obviously depends on the cap situation, but the guy is a lazy sack and has done and said some truly detestable things. The stomp, no showing, refusing to switch positions, being out of shape, taking his payday and laying down. If I'm Mike T I'd kick the tires, but odds are against me taking it.

Oh and for a third? I don't think so. I'm pretty sure nobody would give more than a 2nd last year. I think his value dropped more than a round this season.

That relationship has deteriorated so badly I dont know if he would even get a 5 right now. As far as I know the Skins are on the hook for 5.4M of fully guaranteed money next year so they are basically going to have to take anything to move him. There is no way they are paying him more money for his freedom so I think he will end up being traded for something like a 6.

Holy sh*t, read the post! I never said ANYTHING about US getting him. I actually said I DON'T want him. Plus, he IS still a top 5 DT. Having a bad attitude has nothing to do with playing ability.

Oh, yeah?He isn't worth a box of donuts.

I don't want anyone who quits. He's a quitter who has no self-respect. Mike Shanahan had nothing to do with this.He's a lazy fat f___. Lay down, Fat Albert. He sucks, and not just the Snickers by the box. This thread on the day before an AFC title game is a joke.

I don't either. But WHEN he plays, he still plays elite...

LOOK AT THAT FVKCIN' PLAY. THAT IS NOT AN ELITE PLAYER. IT'S NOT EVEN A COMPETENT PLAYER.DON'T PUT HIM IN THE SAME SENTENCE WITH NGATA OR ANYONE NAMED JENKINS. HE HAS NO HEART AND NO SOUL. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MIKE SHANAHAN. ALBERT HAYNESWORTH SUCKS. HE HAS NO VALUE. HE HAS NO SENSE OF SELF-REPSECT. HE'S A WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHEET GETTING $5.4 MILLION OF CAP SPACE IN 2011.HE ISN'T WORTH WADS OF USED TAPE.PASS

Oh, yeah?He isn't worth a box of donuts.

I don't want anyone who quits. He's a quitter who has no self-respect. Mike Shanahan had nothing to do with this.He's a lazy fat f___. Lay down, Fat Albert. He sucks, and not just the Snickers by the box. This thread on the day before an AFC title game is a joke.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I've never seen anything quite like that. That makes me a little sick to see someone literally laying down in the middle of the field while the play is still going on 4 ft away. Reminded me of when Favre laid down and let Strahan take Mark's sack title away.

I still think Rex could breath new life into this guy. There's a reason the Skins gave him 100 million.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I've never seen anything quite like that. That makes me a little sick to see someone literally laying down in the middle of the field while the play is still going on 4 ft away. Reminded me of when Favre laid down and let Strahan take Mark's sack title away.

I still think Rex could breath new life into this guy. There's a reason the Skins gave him 100 million.

Yes; the reason being Daniel Snyder is a Goddamn fool.

LOOK AT THAT FVKCIN' PLAY. THAT IS NOT AN ELITE PLAYER. IT'S NOT EVEN A COMPETENT PLAYER.DON'T PUT HIM IN THE SAME SENTENCE WITH NGATA OR ANYONE NAMED JENKINS. HE HAS NO HEART AND NO SOUL. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MIKE SHANAHAN. ALBERT HAYNESWORTH SUCKS. HE HAS NO VALUE. HE HAS NO SENSE OF SELF-REPSECT. HE'S A WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHEET GETTING $5.4 MILLION OF CAP SPACE IN 2011.HE ISN'T WORTH WADS OF USED TAPE.PASS

Yes, he is lazy, but that is not the topic. He is a tremendous player with a sh*tload of talent. Having a bad attitude and work ethic doesn't make you a bad player. I personally don't like him either. I agree with you on that. But to say Albert Haynesworth sucks is just stupid.

Yes, he is lazy, but that is not the topic. He is a tremendous player with a sh*tload of talent. Having a bad attitude and work ethic doesn't make you a bad player. I personally don't like him either. I agree with you on that. But to say Albert Haynesworth sucks is just stupid.

Actually, it does make you a bad player. He was a very bad player for Washington this year. Acting like a lazy sack of sh*t that lays down on the field while the play is going on doesn't suck is just stupid. Oh and he's fat and overpaid too.

That lay video seems exaggerated...not only was he the first Redskin to collapse that pocket, but he did it while eating up two blockers...The fall's weird but I'm not sure I'd expect a 300+ pound man to just spring right back up into the action either.

I don't want Haynesworth though...I want someone young and ready to play...Cameron Heyward ftw....that said I'd pay as high as our 3rd for him if they went that route.

That lay video seems exaggerated...not only was he the first Redskin to collapse that pocket, but he did it while eating up two blockers...The fall's weird but I'm not sure I'd expect a 300+ pound man to just spring right back up into the action either.

I don't want Haynesworth though...I want someone young and ready to play...Cameron Heyward ftw....that said I'd pay as high as our 3rd for him if they went that route.

It is not exaggerated. In real time, it's as bad; he gave up. He didn't want to practice nor work out. he btiched about fronts the Skins used. He claimed to be sick for the last Giants game in the Meadowlands but refused to let the SKins' doctors examine him. Carl Banks on the radio that day lit into him for basically being a pussy. Grant you Shanahan is no day at the beach to work for, but for that kind of money he has to a. stay in shape, b. show up and c. play hard. He wouldn't do any of those things.

Yes; the reason being Daniel Snyder is a Goddamn fool.

Of course Snyder is fool. THe point is that he didn't just give 100 mil to Don Boyd Odegard. The guy warrented a contract that was... um... irregular. The skins were trying to out bid some people if I remember correctly.

Haynsworth is dominant when he plays.

Remember, while not the same character of player, most people said LT was done as well as said Cro was a bad news too. Rex is the master blaster (whatever that means) and it would be worth a 3rd or less to give AH a try

Haynesworth is a lazy, team disrupting, piece of crap who's already pocketed about $32M of Dan Snyder's money and has more guaranteed money on the way. There's no reason to think the guy will ever be motivated to play again. He'd have to come dirt cheap in terms of picks, with a contract that was performance based, for me to even consider him. Even then I'd probably pass.

The guy's worse than Gholston. Gholston can't play. Haynesworth can play, but won't.

Archived