Jenkins stirring the pot?

4HCrew

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very disappointed to hear this coming from Big Jenk. He's my fav.

And I love the attitude of these athletes in modern day sports. Its partly your fault Kris? You making millions of dollars and you arent even on the field. Your only priority should be rehab...and thats ALL on you. You dont sit around, get up to 400lbs and wait for people to help. You get off your fat a$$ and do it yourself or demand that you get the help. I highly doubt that someone wouldnt jump to help considering your about a 5 million dollar investment.

Its hard to root for these guys nowadays.

Very disappointed to hear this coming from Big Jenk. He's my fav.

And I love the attitude of these athletes in modern day sports. Its partly your fault Kris? You making millions of dollars and you arent even on the field. Your only priority should be rehab...and thats ALL on you. You dont sit around, get up to 400lbs and wait for people to help. You get off your fat a$$ and do it yourself or demand that you get the help. I highly doubt that someone wouldnt jump to help considering your about a 5 million dollar investment.

Its hard to root for these guys nowadays.

I am in the same boat...especially with the amount of money he collected while not even playing..very disappointed

I am in the same boat...especially with the amount of money he collected while not even playing..very disappointed

It makes no sense. I wasnt getting the help I needed? Well then say something and the ******* help you needed. All you were trying to do was get back on the field, but it wasnt enough? I'm pretty sure you did get back on the field, so how wasnt it enough? Are you blaming the 2nd knee injury on your rehab?

So mad this is coming from Kris. I <3 Big Jenk, but this is the sh*t the infuriates me. Its no different then business. Those who struggle point fingers and say they didnt get this type of support or this type of that...well, make it ******* happen then.

It makes no sense. I wasnt getting the help I needed? Well then say something and the ******* help you needed. All you were trying to do was get back on the field, but it wasnt enough? I'm pretty sure you did get back on the field, so how wasnt it enough? Are you blaming the 2nd knee injury on your rehab?

So mad this is coming from Kris. I <3 Big Jenk, but this is the sh*t the infuriates me. Its no different then business. Those who struggle point fingers and say they didnt get this type of support or this type of that...well, make it ******* happen then.

especially considering the weight issues that he has had his entire career...you can only blame so many people..meanwhile he had no problem running the circuit promoting himself all over radio and tv..hopefully he refutes this but where there is smoke..

Not pointing any fingers, but I'm pointing fingers.

The good news is that this dovetails perfectly with cutting Sal Alosi loose. Let's point the finger at him. Designated scapegoat.

Alosi has been there for a long time, but it seemed that less guys got hurt under Mangini. Who did the Jets lose to injury during Mangini's time? Pennington? He doesn't count! Favre was hurt, but played through. Baker missed a game with his back. Dyson played dinged a little. It seems more guys have been hurt seriously under Rex. You can say they are a fluke, like Leon. Maybe it is luck. Jenkins is a huge dude and it's not a surprise he'd buckle. Still, Woody broke down. Mangold had shoulder trouble. PItoitua lost for the year. Pace had the foot and Scott was hurt at the end of the 2009-10 season. Also, the new turf might blow. It certainly seemed slick and Giants fans weren't happy about losing Hixon for the year. It just seemed the Jets had less injury issues under Mangini and maybe part of that was taking conditioning seriously.

This might be just my memory or a crazy scheme of mine. Mabye I'm not sure. They lost a few guys to concussions in camp too. I know Donovan Warren and Brian Jackson did. That may mean they are hitting more or doing crazier drills.

The good news is that this dovetails perfectly with cutting Sal Alosi loose. Let's point the finger at him. Designated scapegoat.

Alosi has been there for a long time, but it seemed that less guys got hurt under Mangini. Who did the Jets lose to injury during Mangini's time? Pennington? He doesn't count! Favre was hurt, but played through. Baker missed a game with his back. Dyson played dinged a little. It seems more guys have been hurt seriously under Rex. You can say they are a fluke, like Leon. Maybe it is luck. Jenkins is a huge dude and it's not a surprise he'd buckle. Still, Woody broke down. Mangold had shoulder trouble. PItoitua lost for the year. Pace had the foot and Scott was hurt at the end of the 2009-10 season. Also, the new turf might blow. It certainly seemed slick and Giants fans weren't happy about losing Hixon for the year. It just seemed the Jets had less injury issues under Mangini and maybe part of that was taking conditioning seriously.

This might be just my memory or a crazy scheme of mine. Mabye I'm not sure. They lost a few guys to concussions in camp too. I know Donovan Warren and Brian Jackson did. That may mean they are hitting more or doing crazier drills.

That's a difficult game to play. Injuries happen for so many different reasons, to so many different players.

A professional athlete shouldnt really need a babysitter (strength and conditioning coach) to prepare themselves and stay healthy.

A pro athlete has to be responsible for himself. It's not like Sal Alosi was going to be with him 24/7, or make his do training and conditioning. It's ultiamtely on Chris Jenkins. Jenkins has been hurt a lot. Now may be it's bad luck, but clearly his lack of conditioning did not help things. Someday soon Jenkins is going to retire, and for his health alone might be a good idea to look in the mirror rather than blame his employer. Neither the Jets nor Sal Alosi are keeping any conditioning secrets from Chris Jenkins. He's always been out of shape. With the amount of money has has riding on his conditioning that is somehwere bewtween stupid and inexcusable. And I write all this acknowledging that when Jenkins has been on the field here he has been a force.But those occasions have been too few due to health.

A pro athlete has to be responsible for himself. It's not like Sal Alosi was going to be with him 24/7, or make his do training and conditioning. It's ultiamtely on Chris Jenkins. Jenkins has been hurt a lot. Now may be it's bad luck, but clearly his lack of conditioning did not help things. Someday soon Jenkins is going to retire, and for his health alone might be a good idea to look in the mirror rather than blame his employer. Neither the Jets nor Sal Alosi are keeping any conditioning secrets from Chris Jenkins. He's always been out of shape. With the amount of money has has riding on his conditioning that is somehwere bewtween stupid and inexcusable. And I write all this acknowledging that when Jenkins has been on the field here he has been a force.But those occasions have been too few due to health.

Dude has been playing Football for how long? Its his ******* profession. He should know by now what it takes to stay in shape and how to rehab.

You need to take responsibilty for your own actions. Motivation is from within.

yea and that whole cookie diet thing was a joke. Also riding around on the golf cart with a big fat smile on your face during training camp when he should have been jogging. It's just like a drug addict or alcoholic who has no one to blame but themselves. It's not because you had a crappy childhood, it's not because of the doctors who prescribe the medication. it's not the bartender's fault it's you-you are the one putting what hurts you and impedes your progress in your own mouth.

It's against the rules to imply what you're implying, but I could see conditioning standards under Mangini being a little more strict than under Rex.

I agree more with Bit that Alosi is a built in scapegoat and my guess is that they'll try to build a different, more strict image as far as team conditioning standards go.

Oh, and as far as Jenkins' comments...injuries are as heavy on you mentally as they are physically...Jenkins has always had a rep as kind of a sensitive giant...it's as controversial as you want to make it. As long as he's working I don't care how butt hurt he is...

It wasnt much of a story...did you read it? It was basically just a quote from Jenkins.

Yeah I read it and I think everybody's making way too big a deal out it.

Reporters know how to elicit responses from athletes that sound more controversial than they are.

SoFlaJets bringing up Jenks driving the golf cart really cracked me up - 1. you see Jenks riding in a golf cart for about 5 seconds in a heavily edited reality show; 2. you see him get injured in the first quarter of the first game of the season; 3. you read this quote and now Jenks was constantly riding in golf carts and never really working out. It's completely ridiculous.

Leberfield is reading this thread and laughing his a$$ off.

It's against the rules to imply what you're implying, but I could see conditioning standards under Mangini being a little more strict than under Rex.

I agree more with Bit that Alosi is a built in scapegoat and they'll try to build a different, more strict image as far as team conditioning standards go.

Oh, and as far as Jenkins' comments...injuries are as heavy on you mentally as they are physically...Jenkins has always had a rep as kind of a sensitive giant...it's as controversial as you want to make it. Hopefully he's working.

Actually, I always thought there were issues with Alosi. Ever since he took over from John Lott, the injuries have gone up and the team would have more weeks where they seemed sluggish than ever happened when Lott was S&C coach - not to mention our inability to win 4 p.m. games for a two-year stretch.

Actually, I always thought there were issues with Alosi. Ever since he took over from John Lott, the injuries have gone up and the team would have more weeks where they seemed sluggish than ever happened when Lott was S&C coach - not to mention our inability to win 4 p.m. games for a two-year stretch.

John Lott was a great, great S+C coach...f*ckin Chiefs and Herm...I do think the organization has had alot of trouble replacing him and standards have dropped since he left...I do have my suspicions that Rex might be more lax than he should be when it comes to conditioning...then again I want him ruling this team with an iron fist.

Reporters know how to elicit responses from athletes that sound more controversial than they are.

SoFlaJets bringing up Jenks driving the golf cart really cracked me up - 1. you see Jenks riding in a golf cart for about 5 seconds in a heavily edited reality show; 2. you see him get injured in the first quarter of the first game of the season; 3. you read this quote and now Jenks was constantly riding in golf carts and never really working out. It's completely ridiculous.

I dont really care what Leberfield is doing...but the article was literally 2 sentences from the author and Kris's quote, which was clearing throwing the Jets under the bus, even though Kris starts off my saying he wasnt. I truly dont see how the author is spinning to elicit anything...its a direct quote from Kris saying he didnt get the help he needed in rehab.

Kris showed up to camp at 400lbs. I think there is merit in believing he didnt take his rehab serious and now he's trying to pin it on someone else as if he isnt the reason he was fat and lazy.

As soon as someone says "I'm not looking to throw anyone under the bus"--They are.

That comment is on him and no one else.

I dont really care what Leberfield is doing...but the article was literally 2 sentences from the author and Kris's quote, which was clearing throwing the Jets under the bus, even though Kris starts off my saying he wasnt. I truly dont see how the author is spinning to elicit anything...its a direct quote from Kris saying he didnt get the help he needed in rehab.

Kris showed up to camp at 400lbs. I think there is merit in believing he didnt take his rehab serious and now he's trying to pin it on someone else as if he isnt the reason he was fat and lazy.

Yeah, but the person he is throwing under the bus isn't associated with the team anymore so he's not really throwing the Jets under the bus.

And I don't see how you can say Leberfield wasn't spinning, the header on the blurb and the lead are pure spin.

Not to mention that in Jenks quote he takes some of the blame upon himself.

You loved Jenkins right up until the moment you read this piece. :rl:

John Lott was a great, great S+C coach...f*ckin Chiefs and Herm...I do think the organization has had alot of trouble replacing him and standards have dropped since he left...I do have my suspicions that Rex might be more lax than he should be when it comes to conditioning...then again I want him ruling this team with an iron fist.

He takes the off season training very serious and attendance is virtually mandatory.

It is very dangerous for us to comment on perceptions of training and exercise, as we just don't know.

Yeah, but the person he is throwing under the bus isn't associated with the team anymore so he's not really throwing the Jets under the bus.

And I don't see how you can say Leberfield wasn't spinning, the header on the blurb and the lead are pure spin.

If you throw a member of the staff under the bus (even if they are now gone), it throws the entire staff under, because they are the one that set the expectations.

He takes the off season training very serious and attendance is virtually mandatory.

It is very dangerous for us to comment on perceptions of training and exercise, as we just don't know.

I agree that you can't blame Rex because we really don't know the whole program and how it is structured.

I do know that there has been noticeable increase in injuries and games where the Jets seemed sluggish since Sal Alosi replaced John Lott and that predates Rex becoming the head coach.

I agree that you can't blame Rex because we really don't know the whole program and how it is structured.

I do know that there has been noticeable increase in injuries and games where the Jets seemed sluggish since Sal Alosi replaced John Lott and that predates Rex becoming the head coach.

The only type of trend that could give any evidence to poor training would be muscle pulls and strains (possibly).

Has there been an increase in those?

Expectations are one thing. The actual program is designed by the S&C coach. He is supposed to the expert.

Rex is a big boy (no pun intended) and knows what SHOULD be involved, and more importantly the coaching staff should know who is jaking it.

Therein lies the rub-I am sure every team in the NFL has an adequate and acceptable regimen-How much do they enforce it?

That is the critical area.

Rex is a big boy (no pun intended) and knows what SHOULD be involved, and more importantly the coaching staff should know who is jaking it.

Therein lies the rub-I am sure every team in the NFL has an adequate and acceptable regimen-How much do they enforce it?

That is the critical area.

I get what you are saying and Jenks absolutely deserves some of the blame for allowing his weight to spiral upward. Not to mention the fact that a player like Jenks may get a pass from a coach like Rex but I find it hard to believe Rex would allow Jenks to play if he didn't think he was ready, especially how some of the injuries were handled last year and how some guys were absolutely held out of games as a precaution (Pace comes to mind.)

The reality is that I've never thought Alosi was all that great and that Lott was a far superior S&C coach so I'm inclined to agree with Jenkins on this particular issue.

I just think the reaction is way over the top.

Dude, the title was a direct quote from Kris...he said..."I'm not pointing any fingers", then he proceed to point fingers. All the author did was exchange, "I'm not" for "He's not"...hello! :blink:

And I still <3 Kris. Just think this was a stupid thing to say. Faba has the line of the thread, motivation comes from within.

Archived