Dolphins Busted For Violating League Rules

SoFlaJets

Dolphins’ coaches work with Chad Henne in violation of NFL rules

Posted by Michael David Smith on February 28, 2011, 7:53 PM EST

The Miami Dolphins could find themselves in hot water with the league office today, after quarterback Chad Henne revealed that he has been working with new offensive coordinator Brian Daboll and quarterbacks coach Karl Dorrell — in violation of NFL rules.

“[O]nce we signed Coach Brian Daboll, I tried to get into there as quick as I could to learn the offense,” Henne told the Miami Herald. “I’ve been meeting with him for the last month now. I feel pretty comfortable with what he’s teaching and what the offense is going to be.”

But as the Herald‘s Armando Salguero points out, NFL rules don’t allow Henne to work with Daboll, Dorrell or anyone else on the Dolphins’ coaching staff. This is a clear violation of the rules — the same rules that have prohibited Rams quarterback Sam Bradford from working with new offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels.

Henne also said he’d like to become so knowledgeable about Daboll’s offense that he could run his own minicamp during the looming lockout — which would open another can of worms, as players who are active in the union (including Eric Winston on today’s PFT Live) are increasingly speaking out against players engaging in unpaid practices while the owners are locking them out.

Now we wonder whether Henne will be hearing from his union, and whether the Dolphins will be hearing from the league office.

Wait ...did they bring that cheating **** Shula back or was he just advising the team. I hate Shula more than any other person in the histroy of the NFl ...yes even more than Nick Buoniconti I would like to break a bottle of Champaign over both their heads.

Wait ...did they bring that cheating **** Shula back or was he just advising the team. I hate Shula more than any other person in the histroy of the NFl ...yes even more than Nick Buoniconti I would like to break a bottle of Champaign over both their heads.

LMAO oh sh!t

I thought the prohibition was supervised physical workouts? You can have your own mini-camp if it's just players.

And I can't imagine studying a playbook is prohibited either and calling up with questions.

We won't have football next year anyway so it doesn't matter.

Archived