Raiders' Gallery says 'time for me to move on'

Jetfan13

After speaking with Raiders owner Al Davis, left guard Robert Gallery has decided to sign somewhere else whenever free agency begins according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

"With the end of the league year coming today, and the few conversations I've had with the Raiders and Mr. Davis, we've come to a mutual agreement that it's time for me to move on with my career," Gallery said Thursday from his home in the Oakland area. "I appreciate the start that they and Mr. Davis gave me and I truly have enjoyed my time wearing the silver and black. I wish them well, I thank the fans and I take away great memories of my time in Oakland."

"I'm looking for a new start somewhere else, to experience another place, and to be able to accomplish some of the things I want to," Gallery said. "It's best for everyone."

bust

He played two decent seasons at right tackle than struggled when moved to Left tackle, but on a whole, that unit was pretty bad all together. When the moved him to LG a few years ago, he became and absolute mauling run-blocker and adequate in pass-pro, becoming the raiders best olineman the last few years.

Now you don't pick a franchise guard 2nd overall, but I struggle to call him a bust when you consider he's the best olineman on their team and is a top guard in the NFL.

I guess in your general draftnik, message board type thinking, yes, he's a bust.

Edit: to answer the OP though, no, he's no longer an option at tackle. But he's going to make some money on the FA market and have a huge impact on some teams' run game.

He played two decent seasons at right tackle than struggled when moved to Left tackle, but on a whole, that unit was pretty bad all together. When the moved him to LG a few years ago, he became and absolute mauling run-blocker and adequate in pass-pro, becoming the raiders best olineman the last few years.

Now you don't pick a franchise guard 2nd overall, but I struggle to call him a bust when you consider he's the best olineman on their team and is a top guard in the NFL.

I guess in your general draftnik, message board type thinking, yes, he's a bust.

Edit: to answer the OP though, no, he's no longer an option at tackle. But he's going to make some money on the FA market and have a huge impact on some teams' run game.

he got a bad break being drated in Oakland

but I still do not want him on this team.

I'm sure Bill Callahan is probably tugging on Tanny's jacket. Didn't Callahan coach him while he was in Oakland?

I think he got there after Callahan left, but why would Callahan tug Tanny's jacket? The guy sucked for a few years before he was moved to LG. If Callahan had him it was as a sh*tty T.

I think he got there after Callahan left, but why would Callahan tug Tanny's jacket? The guy sucked for a few years before he was moved to LG. If Callahan had him it was as a sh*tty T.

Can't be any worse then Slauson..if the money is right they should look at him seriously

Can't be any worse then Slauson..if the money is right they should look at him seriously

Gallery will get a fair contract, because he's a top guard. And I don't understand why anyone would want Gallery over Slauson at tackle, and that's without even considering the financial side. Slauson wasn't that bad, and it was his first year.

Archived