Lets Talk Right Tackle for '11

TNJet

Okay, I enjoy the battle in the trenches the most during the offseason, especially when its for a starting spot. I'd be lying if I said I didnt want Vlad to win the job this year. We have invested alot in him with our 2nd rnd pick. That said, I was extremely impressed at how well Hunter played when Woody went down in our playoff run this past year. Whats your thoughts? Do we stick with these 2 guys for competition, or do we sign a FA or draft a OT in round 3?

Okay, I enjoy the battle in the trenches the most during the offseason, especially when its for a starting spot. I'd be lying if I said I didnt want Vlad to win the job this year. We have invested alot in him with our 2nd rnd pick. That said, I was extremely impressed at how well Hunter played when Woody went down in our playoff run this past year. Whats your thoughts? Do we stick with these 2 guys for competition, or do we sign a FA or draft a OT in round 3?

I'm happy with these 2 battling it out. We drafted Vlad to replace Woody in the first place.

Re-sign Woody. Give him a deal without much bonus so you can cut him without carrying the headache on for years. Then cut him if Ducasse is any good. Otherwise just wait for Woody to get hurt. It will probably happen and Woody can play anywhere on the line so he's not bad to have around. Based on his happy tweet I'd say they told him they wanted to bring him back before they cut him. A little better job than they did with Richardson last season.

Re-sign Woody. Give him a deal without much bonus so you can cut him without carrying the headache on for years. Then cut him if Ducasse is any good. Otherwise just wait for Woody to get hurt. It will probably happen and Woody can play anywhere on the line so he's not bad to have around. Based on his happy tweet I'd say they told him they wanted to bring him back before they cut him. A little better job than they did with Richardson last season.

Ding Ding Ding!!!

here's what I predict will happen:

The Jets let Hunter go

they make a big deal about giving Vlad the RT job

they re-sign Woody at an incentive laced deal about a week before camp... and (SHOCK) he legitimately can't out Vlad.

DUUUUUUUUUUUU.............DUCASS.............DUCASSEEEEEEEEE.

Oh I f*ckin love it...I just became a big Vlad fan because his name works so well with this song...I kept doing the Duuuu Ducass thing in my head wondering what f'n song I was thinking of.

The Jets let Hunter go

they re-sign Woody at an incentive laced deal about a week before camp... and (SHOCK) he legitimately can't out Vlad.

Hunter did a great job last year. But I can see the NYJETS losing him to a team willing to pay him more money than us.

DUUUUUUUUUUUU.............DUCASS.............DUCASSEEEEEEEEE.

Oh I f*ckin love it...I just became a big Vlad fan because his name works so well with this song...I kept doing the Duuuu Ducass thing in my head wondering what f'n song I was thinking of.

The season (if there is one) can't get here fast enough.

The season (if there is one) can't get here fast enough.

Yes it can...Fall projects to be very busy for me. I must brace myself and try to start acting like someone who is older than 14.

This sport can take it's time...f*ckin cash cow pretending that there won't be a season this year...yea, OK...I do kinda hope there will be one just so we know the players are putting up a real fight.

The Jets let Hunter go

Big Wood will have alot of takers IMO

One of the best RT's in the game, an is a for sure road graer

Archived