Is this the most painfull offseason ever?

Maxman

I am still not over the Jets losing to Pittsburgh so this drought of football talk seems like a good thing. Then I hear that damn black and gold song on the radio like 5 times today and I am thinking it would be nice if there was anything else to talk about.

Pain and agony when it comes to this damn lockout.

I can see that but then I just keep thinking about how we may be witnessing the best Jets era in history - an hilarious and exciting coach who happens to be a defensive genius with 4 playoff wins in 2 years, a young franchise quarterback, a brilliant wheeling and dealing GM and an owner hungry for a championship. Think about it. That's incredible isn't it?

It is very painful. However stoic said it best, this could be the best era in Jets history. The irony of it all is the unrest in the NFL labor landscape. It just figures that when the Jets finally get on a roll, this crap creeps up.

The loss to the Steelers hit me hard, as you all know, but I just keep hoping that the league and players don't mess things up because I like this team we have. I really, really like what Rex and co have brought to the Jets. The Jets, for the last two years, have been fun. And that is something new for most of us.

I hope things get worked out in the labor negotiations, and I keep my fingers crossed. This is the most bittersweet time of my football watching life.

Painful? Yes, very.

Hopeful? More so than ever.

I really love our team. There fun to watch. a break from all the NFL BS might not be a bad thing. And, hey it's almost baseball season. Baseball is what I watch when football isn't on.

We'll get through this. And with any luck, we're only 4 months from preseason.

it's a weird off season and this lockout changes the way the Jets have been doing business for the last few years. In any other year (from the past 4 or 5) the Jets would have already signed a couple of free agents and either re-signed or released a few others. Well we did release some dead weight but nothing is happening as far as re-tooling the team and with nothing going on on that front it makes the draft that much more important. We will have to draft out of immediate need instead of the 'luxury picking' we've been doing. This year there won't be any "let's draft for our future" like 2010 at fullback. RT, RB and CB and hope they learn what they need to for NEXT season and beyond. Also, this year we HAVE to fix the Gholston blunder through the draft and we all know that Belichick also knows this and will spend a pick or two ahead of us ON a pass rusher.

It sucks large. As long as my team is moving in the right direction ... I can't wait for the next event to transpire ... games, draft, training camps... etc ...

Being a Jet and Cubs fan, there's not been a lot of opportunity to bask in the glory of championships, so moving in the right direction has been about as good as it gets. Within the category of moving in the right direction, there are sub categories of strongly, so-so, and not moving backwards. Example: even though we were a "play-off team" in 06, committing to have Penny as a QB was not moving forward to a championship - it was moving backwards to being a maybe making the play-offs team if all the cards fell right and then getting bounced in the 1st round. Yes I can and will be a fan for that, but not one with a very rapid heartbeat.

Being near the eve of the launch of the baseball season, I can't even talk about the false glee and excitement I felt when my beloved North Siders were able to unload the sh!thooks Dusty Baker and retain the sainted Lou Pinella to finally lead us to the promised land. As we all know ... that ended in the same act of sausage slapping that defined the Cubs and Jet's for most of the 90's and into the new millennium.

I'm only describing sadness from the last couple of decades ... there's plenty more preceding it ... but this is ample.

What we have going on now is a very strong movement in the right direction. Sophomore coach and QB with worlds of growth to yet realize, but final four appearances both times they rolled the dice. Damn... we got us something. To have this greed motivated lockout deprive us from the normal activities that would be taking place coming up on the draft sucks. The uncertainty of the season sucks. The whole deal sucks.

It sucks, but with Baseball and the NHL Playoffs on the horizon, I am starting to feel better.

No more dealing with Carmelo,and College Basketball.

Once the NFL gets a deal in place (and I think that deal will get done) I will feel better about the NFL. In the meantime.

Time for some Hardball.

Archived